Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Limbo
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
Aim9ee

Send a message via MSN to Aim9ee Send a message via Skype™ to Aim9ee

Aim9ee's Gamercard
worthwhile game?

I've been considering getting this for quite a while, but I honestly can't decide if it's worth it. I've played the demo and it seems pretty interesting (and creepy as hell) but I'm not exactly the most creative when it comes to problem-solving...it could very easily be just a bit too much for me.
any thoughts?
Aim9ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Ginghu

Ginghu's Gamercard
I think Limbo is definitely worth it, but I love puzzle games. You're right, it is definitely creepy. It's deceptively challenging because it seems like it would be simple. Some of the puzzles can be a bit frustrating because they require you to go back and forth. If you need help there are plenty of guides out there. I've recommended it to several friends and the ones who've bought it have given me positive feedback.
Ginghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
Danny Dibo

Send a message via AIM to Danny Dibo Send a message via Yahoo to Danny Dibo

Danny Dibo's Gamercard
Its one of my favorites on the 360, and it is most definitly worth playing through, in my opinion. The puzzles get very tricky later on. (Especially when trying to collect all eggs.)

The game isint the longest, but its quite an experience and you won't regret the time you spend with it.

Danny Dibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Red Essence

REDxESSENCE's Gamercard
I enjoyed it a lot. The graphics, the background noise, the game play. It was a good investment
Red Essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Elusive Hero

elusive hero's Gamercard
Thanks for the views above guys, I've also been wondering whether to buy this or not, will now.
Elusive Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Dihnekis

Best arcade game imo, absolutely brilliant. bought it when it was on sale, shouldnt have waited though, i was missing out.
Dihnekis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
slashdotcom

slashdotcom's Gamercard
The game is great, i have also purchased on sale, ...luckily. cause i'm happy that I have not spent the full price. maybe my expectations were too high, especially into the duration.
slashdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this and Braid are a must.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
One of the most over rated games in the history of video games. I got it on sale for 600 microsoft points and even at that price I feel ripped off. It looks like the game took one day to create. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's a good game. No dialogue, hardly any music, black and white graphics, 4 hours of gameplay - that is not ground breaking IT'S FLAT OUT LAZINESS AND NOTHING MORE.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
PinguDaPenguin

ZombiCrakPingu's Gamercard
Its a really good platform/puzzle type game. The puzzles arent overly hard. Might die a few times but eventually youll see the solutions, Just keep at em!
PinguDaPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #11
envint251

robandines's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Tha Pro View Post
One of the most over rated games in the history of video games. I got it on sale for 600 microsoft points and even at that price I feel ripped off. It looks like the game took one day to create. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's a good game. No dialogue, hardly any music, black and white graphics, 4 hours of gameplay - that is not ground breaking IT'S FLAT OUT LAZINESS AND NOTHING MORE.
Games don't need dialogue to be good. Look at Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons. The dialogue was unintelligible, yet for all that it was an excellent game.
As for music, personally I don't like when games or movies over-use music. I feel that very often it is used to artificially create emotion where there really is none. More subdued efforts like Limbo, on the other hand, allow you to feel (or not) without forcing it on you through the music and other sound effects. I know it's silly to compare media to real life, but I just find it annoying that every time something happens in a game or a movie it's reinforced by some dramatic soundtrack. I'm sorry, but whenever I see the love of my life, there doesn't seem to be a full symphony orchestra playing in the background. I don't need it, and I don't need it in my entertainment either. What you point out as laziness in this case due to the lack of music and dialogue, I see as completely the opposite. I see it as allowing us to tap into our own emotions and drawing our own conclusions about what's going on.

Sorry about the rant!

Great game, not too difficult when you get used to it!

envint251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #12
John325

GhostJohn325's Gamercard
It's alright for what it is. Good atmosphere. Simple puzzles. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.
John325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #13
glims

charmonzo's Gamercard
on the top 5 of my favorite games.

Probably the most immersive game for me. I have no idea what the whole story was about but I was hooked and can't wait for Playdead's next game.
glims is offline   Reply With Quote