PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What category do you fall into?
I'm proud of my 90%+ completion rate. I play ANY game I want! 9 11.84%
Well, I too am proud of my 90%+ completion, but sadly it dictates the games I play. 6 7.89%
While completion is important to me. I play whatever I want and my completion percentage suffers. 44 57.89%
I hit 100K Gamerscore and don't care much about completions. Max Gamerscore FTW! 7 9.21%
I mainly concentrate on multiplayer gaming. Check out my leadernoard positions! 3 3.95%
Achievements suck, why am I on this site. 11 14.47%
What? I was playing Dark Souls. 10 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thumbs down What sort of XBA member are you?

After reading and discussing some things about completionists recently, I thought I'd make a poll on it with no real seriousness or consequences. Just some light hearted fun. Delete or move if necessary.

XBA has a lot of members and I just thought it would be interesting to see how many of you fall into each 'category' I made.

I see myself like this;

Completionist (Nope!!) > Achievement Hunter (Kinda) > Hardcore Gamer (Multiplayer sometimes) > Gamer (Yupp, gaming news is the best news!) > Then there's what I do.

Last edited by Dirty130; 05-28-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Typo..
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #2
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I prefer to think of myself as a powerful embodiment of sexual energy.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I prefer to think of myself as a powerful embodiment of sexual energy.
I am living, walking proof of you being exactly that! Now vote on the poll, Ty.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
darq sewlz
Old 05-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #5
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I am a slave to many masters in gaming.... the awards... the completion percentage... the desire to challenge myself... the desire to say "That game was hard? Nah... I finished it easy. You suck!"

I don't think achievements have ever stopped me from playing a game I wanted to play. If it's hard and good, I knuckle under and get the job done. Lookin' at you, Splosion Man. If it's hard and doesn't interest me beyond the fact that it was on sale for $1 it may or may not languish on my hard drive or shelf. Lookin' at you, Devil May Cry 4!

And I think if I knuckle under and complete Dead or Alive Extreme 2, to add to my completions of Rumble Roses, Bayonetta, Conan (seriously, the damsels in distress you have to save are all topless), Lollipop Chainsaw, all those Japanese dating sims, Catherine, and any number of other sexy games I will be the undisputed embodiment of raw sexual gaming energy.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Hmm... Don't see an option for 'asshole'.

iBuzz7S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Since hitting 100K I stopped caring about achievements or completions but I have no where else to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post

I don't think achievements have ever stopped me from playing a game I wanted to play. If it's hard and good, I knuckle under and get the job done. Lookin' at you, Splosion Man. If it's hard and doesn't interest me beyond the fact that it was on sale for $1 it may or may not languish on my hard drive or shelf. Lookin' at you, Devil May Cry 4!
Pretty much sums me up, although I did vote:

================================================
Well, I too am proud of my 90%+ completion, but sadly it dictates the games I play.
================================================

For the simple reason, as time presses on, and as I get older (33) I really can't be fucked with MP achievements these days.

I still have Gears 1 and 3 to do, and that's enough for me for the time being, I don't mind some MP, but the days of grinding out shit I don't really wish to play have long gone, so yes, I do research most games I play, but mainly for the MP aspect, if it's coop, or short (10 hours etc) then sure, but if it's a 200 hour grind, I wont play.

For the most part this doesn't bother me, but I am guilty of missing some gems I wanted to play due to this OCD (Max Payne 3). So all in all, difficulty doesn't both me to much, but MP does.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 47
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
Bulletman

Bulletman uk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was tempted to go with the Dark Souls option, but voted for the 3rd option.

Lol, 3 people don't know why they are this site...

"Hey, I'm going to log into xboxachievements.com, because why the fuck not, right"?

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for this excellent sig.

Last edited by Bulletman; 05-28-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Bulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #10
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletman View Post
I was tempted to go with the Dark Souls option, but voted for the 3rd option.
You can multi-vote.

---

I LOL'd at where some of the staff/mods voted.

Probably should have added more options, but it's not really meant to be taken serious to start with.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #11
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
I'm not a full on completionist per say, but I do like to get as many achievements possible when I play a game. Sometimes that's easier said than done if it's an older game with MP achievements. I will usually research a game before playing to see how many MP achievements it has and if it's going to be a grind. Otherwise it will turn me off to a game to a possible later date.

I'm much more fond of SP games, especially when it comes to older games I'm trying out.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I went for "I hate achievements...."

Can't stand them, don't see the attraction. I just play COD and shout racist/homophobic things down the mic.
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #13
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
I went for "I hate achievements...."

Can't stand them, don't see the attraction. I just play COD and shout racist/homophobic things down the mic.
That's one way to go about playing
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #14
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bit of a mixed bag for me. I play as many games to completion as i can but i Will stick any game on my tag even if i Will never get all achievements. As long as i least enjoyed the game its happy days for me.

There is also a chunk of my games that was stolen a good few years ago and as good as games they were i just never got them all back.

So that along with games that when i had them i didn't even have xbox live to get online achievements which never seemed fair to me but whatever lol

Lastly there are games which friends would stick on my tag. Still annoyed that fifa 10 is on my account i honestly hate fifa games but find them fun as social games to play with everyone in the same room. So theres a 60g game ill never play lol.

So cos of all that out of i think 207 games Im sitting on 67% completion.

Play for as much completion as i can but first and foremost i just wanna play some good games

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
First option for me.

Play whatever I feel like, I don't let achievements dictate to me.
Last Achievement : Grand Master Librarian - The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One) - 60g
Last 100% Completion : The Wolf Among Us (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
I pretty much play whatever and complete what I can. For that I believe my completion percentage is around 68. And I'm OK with that.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #17
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Voted the last two. (Though, I know why I'm on this site. Mostly for y'all assholes )

My achievement hunting days were brief, and no longer do I hold a passion for obtaining a high score, nor completing as many games as feasible.

Now I'll play anything, and if I don't enjoy myself in the first 5 minutes, the game gets put away. Mostly I just play GoW3 MP.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #18
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
I stopped caring for achievements in a very long time, despite the fact that I'm quite close to reach 40000k on xbox gamerscore I believe, I'll eventually get there by the time I play some of my other xbox shit.

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 05-28-2014 at 10:38 AM.
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Bloodborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
What? I was playing Dark Souls, Dirty I don't have time for hardcore achievement hunting.

(I still complete every game that goes on my tag though!)
Old 05-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I voted for "While completion is important to me. I play whatever I want and my completion percentage suffers". I like to complete games as much as I can, but my completion percentage is only about 80%.

Unable to see anyone else, it looks like I'll be broken.
ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #21
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm working towards a 90% completion profile. Currently sitting at 86.5% and hopefully I'll reach 90 by the end of the year.

I like to think that I've slowly broadened my gaming horizons over the past year. I still avoid certain genres because they bore me (like sports games and racing sims). I stick to singleplayer games for the most part too, of a game has multiplayer achievements and I don't pick up the game close to launch then I might not bother. But I'm thinking about picking up Black Flag once I get an Xbox One and I'll use that as one of my first "next-gen" games.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #22
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Since hitting 100K I stopped caring about achievements or completions but I have no where else to go
This. Plus I voted two options ;>_> completion is/was important to me prior to 100K but after hitting 100K...and other stuff...my gaming life more or less has died. I play something every now and then yes but otherwise, I don't have the drive anymore.

It's probably the frustration that got to me really. Playing games on the hardest difficulty yes is challenging...and yes it's awarding in the sense that you overcame something hard but at the same time it's rage-inducing and specifically with Rage Games...that's just too much anger I expressed for years (sometimes daily).

===

I think I realized this more when I was playing Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. It's a Symphony of the Night meets Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine mashup...you go through the castle from SOTN, fighting enemies in that style of gameplay. Except there's an hourglass in the center that flips and your enemies can die pretty quickly...or you can if you're fucking up.

The issue was that my Windows Phone on this game in particular is fucking up real bad. It was fine for awhile but I don't know, as of late when I'm in a fight with someone...the touch-screen becomes entirely unresponsive. It was so irritating not being able to flip or move blocks, so they kept falling. This instance led me into thinking "fuck I have to fight Galamoth later...how the bloody hell am I going to do this if the game keeps fucking up with the blocks?".

===

As of late I've started many games, almost like a Bean Dive I swear...but completely unintentional. Metal Gear Rising, Deadpool, Skylanders 1 and 3...all these things and I'm barely doing anything on them. My completion went from just under 80% to the low 70's because of it. And I highly doubt I'll complete any of them...there was a time I would want to complete something like MGR just due to the difficulty it presents but now...I really don't know.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I guess it's pretty obvious which category I fall into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I voted "completion is important but I play what I want". Even though I've barely played in 6 months.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
I tend to play multiplayer games a lot more than single player games. I think I lost interest in going for achievements all the time since I was forced to start a new gamertag

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #26
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Play whatever I feel like, I don't let achievements dictate to me.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #27
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Tis true man.

I've never not played a game due to hard achievements. I will still try to complete said game, but thats not always possible (or cannae be arsed) hence I'm only at 90% completion.

You'll find plenty of solid games on my tag, and very few AAA games missing.
Last Achievement : Grand Master Librarian - The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One) - 60g
Last 100% Completion : The Wolf Among Us (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #28
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I play whatever I want and if I enjoy the game I'll complete it. Sorry GOW and Halo, I just didn't like you enough.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #29
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I play whatever I want. However I will always complete my games regardless.

I don't go outta my way to play shit easy titles for GS though. So I don't see myself as an achievement hunter, rather a completionist.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #30
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Definitely the third one. I've stated it plenty over the years. While I try to get as many achievements as possible in games, when I stop enjoying myself I usually will move on to something else.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote