PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
 
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Earth Defense Force 2025
Subscribe    Donate
Earth Defense Force 2025
Quick links
Game OverviewAchievements | Achievement Guide | Review | Screenshots | Forums | Game Sessions
Latest news
Feb 18, 2014 EDF 2025, Rayman Legends Next-Gen, Strider Launch Trailer Round-Up
Jan 23, 2014 Earth Defense Force 2025 Confirmed for February Release in Europe
Dec 10, 2013 Earth Defense Force 2025 Trailer Introduces the Fencer
Jul 01, 2013 New Earth Defense Force 2025 Screens Are Not For Arachnophobes
Apr 24, 2013 Earth Defense Force 2025 Gameplay Footage is a List of Awesome

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #61
Viper187
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 864

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpoizen View Post
Viper:

"The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2." front of me a

I'm doing this now. I see what you mean about it being tricky to line the tank up. Where abouts do you get the tank to spawn at the very start? I throw the thing in the water in front of me as soon as the mission starts to spawn the tank and take out the same red panel as I do with the Ranger (using the main gun, where u can also drive the tank at same time). But which red panel did you destroy in phase 2? This part is pretty tricky!
It's behind and to the left of the start. As the panels rotate, it comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. Remember you can park on any small incline to point higher.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #62
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 2,220

Gamertag: The Allslayer

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Journeyman   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Instead of pissing around with the tank I just used the Plasma battery gun so the Wing Diver can shoot Gungnir without penalty, way easier.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #63
Ratpoizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112

Gamertag: Ratpoizen
doesnt that just speed up the wing divers recharging? i couldnt really get it to work unless im missing something?
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #64
Ratpoizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112

Gamertag: Ratpoizen
Anyone know a good tactic for the last mission with WD/Fencer on inferno? cant seem to take out any of the red panels with the Fencer unless im missing a good longe range weapon?
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #65
ch33zy
 
ch33zy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 37

Gamertag: ch33zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpoizen View Post
Anyone know a good tactic for the last mission with WD/Fencer on inferno? cant seem to take out any of the red panels with the Fencer unless im missing a good longe range weapon?
I'd split screen either of those with the Ranger with 2 Lysander Z weapons..

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.
ch33zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #66
Viper187
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 864

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33zy View Post
I'd split screen either of those with the Ranger with 2 Lysander Z weapons..

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.
No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #67
Ratpoizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112

Gamertag: Ratpoizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33zy View Post
I'd split screen either of those with the Ranger with 2 Lysander Z weapons..

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.
Sorry, i think i misworded my post, i meant a tactic using the WD on controller 1 and pulling the Fencer through in splitscreen on controller 2 to get his achievement. Its the very last mission i need then ive finished all missions on all difficulties (minus easy) with all classes. My WD has two Gungnirs but I just wondered if there was any decent weapons for the Fencer so I can use him on controller 2 to easily take out the red panels.
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #68
Ratpoizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112

Gamertag: Ratpoizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.
ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #69
Viper187
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 864

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpoizen View Post
ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?
It's a sniper, not explosive. It's something like '35MM Battle Cannon.' There should be a few listed under one of the types, but this one does 10k damage. It should be under artillery or heavy artillery?

edit: I had it listed in the original post. lol "35mm Gallic Heavy Cannon "
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #70
SimonJK
 
SimonJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442

Gamertag: NeoVampyre
I went a different way (after getting my WD up to a high 5 figure armour).
1. You cannot control both characters effectively once you get to inferno, pic one and let the other die, they can sometimes still attract foes once even dead. Don't forget you only have to do each level once between 2 characters, redo the player 2 on an easier level.
2. On the last level I took time and flew around just shooting the roof with the thunder bow, take out the firing placements and you don't get shot at. It's better to be safe and shoot the red orbs with the Monster S and only bet grounded for a few seconds than use the Gungir and be a sitting duck for ages. Not only that, they drop items and it leaves loads of health lying around.
3. Once the Walkers drop, I sued distance and speed and removed them with a high priority.
4. If you are full of health and happen to be near your fencer, heal him and then move on to use him as a decoy to buy you more time.
5. Once the last stage happens, quickly destroy a few purple hexagons and then go back to flying in a large loop pattern slowly taking the center down.


That what worked for my WD/Fencer, I then redid 25 offline to get the other players completion achievement.


(I truthfully did WD/F first and then got the Fencers achievement last cause I didn't want to p1ss you off, Ratpoizen, as you hadn't got it yet yourself.)


Finally, by now you have probably got the weapons achievements and grabbing armor on this level is a waste of time, so break that habit and only grab health when needed.
__________________
SimonJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #71
Ratpoizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112

Gamertag: Ratpoizen
Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!!
Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #72
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 2,220

Gamertag: The Allslayer

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Journeyman   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpoizen View Post
Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!!
Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far
Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #73
SimonJK
 
SimonJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442

Gamertag: NeoVampyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot
I think I had 492 hours or something. I call it a bonus, if I've spent 40 on a game (yep they cost more in the UK, but that's a whole 'nuther thread) and I can get 300 - 400 hours out of it then I call it value for money. I think one of my longest on the 360 is near 1000 hours on Borderlands 1, which was about half the amount of time I put into Morrowind and a fraction of the time I put into a game years ago called Frontier.
__________________
SimonJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #74
amuro98
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Not a specific mission but how do you deal with Dragons? These things are insane on Inferno, must be some tactic I'm not thinking of.
The dragons seem to pick a target and then pile on top of the hapless person.

If this happens to be you, well, that hurts.

If it happens to be a fellow EDF NPC, lob explosives freely in that direction.

I also wonder if the Ranger's decoy gun might work?
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #75
Viper187
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 864

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Instead of pissing around with the tank I just used the Plasma battery gun so the Wing Diver can shoot Gungnir without penalty, way easier.
The only problem with that is there were a number of times that I would shoot one of those panels dead on, and the fucking shot would just go right through. I saw it with other things rarely, but I saw it with those panels a lot. I suppose it could've been lag if I was online, but I never really had a problem hitting anything else.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #76
PeaceSquid
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160

Gamertag: PeaceSquid
Well that's 3000 out of 3000 on EDF games. I'm so glad that's over with!
__________________
www.peoww.co.uk - 1000 points, lovely.
PeaceSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #77
Viper187
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 864

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSquid View Post
Well that's 3000 out of 3000 on EDF games. I'm so glad that's over with!
It's not over until you do the japan version of 2025. :P
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #78
PeaceSquid
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160

Gamertag: PeaceSquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
It's not over until you do the japan version of 2025. :P
haha I'm not even sure my Xbox can play it? Is it region-free?

Either way. NO!

Although I've got a few games I need to finish off and a few co-op promises to uphold, EDF 2025 was always going to be my semi-retirement from Achievements. It's my 315th max. Time to use that PS4 that's been gathering dust for months!
__________________
www.peoww.co.uk - 1000 points, lovely.
PeaceSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.