PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Darkness 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
DaMitchMan90

Da Mitch Man 90's Gamercard
Ok so i've just done the bottles in 10 seconds, where is the other challenge.
DaMitchMan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #32
Super Happy Go Go

SuperHappyGoGo's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure I chose 'More Questions Than Answers' from the New Game+ Level select screen & it starts in your Mansion. Dolfo will be on the upper level of the balcony btw (took me ages to find him because I looked on the lower level. Duh!)

It really helps to have the Shotgun reload upgrade so you can fire & quickly pull to chamber another round. Don't rush your shots either, you can hit the pigeons from miles away if you aim carefully

Good luck!

SHGG
Super Happy Go Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #33
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
There is another thread towards the top that has a great idea about the bottles. Lower the sensitivity on your aim in the options menu. it helped me tremendously. I think it was written by BOZOH (it has a 5-star thread rating)

Last edited by HalfEVILmonkey; 05-22-2012 at 04:06 AM.
HalfEVILmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #34
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
You can usually kill 2 of the pigeons with one shot before they even take off, as well as hit them from far our with the ridiculous range that shotguns have in this game. I maxed out my brightness settings with the bottles which helped me nail them all.
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #35
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Well after about 10 attempts on the bottles I pissed it with a time of 9 seconds. Low controller sensitivity, did it all with iron sights, one reload. Not as bad as I though it would be. Just one of those annoying rather than hard achievements.

The pigeons were easy. Did it on my 3rd attempt after I found all the pigeon locations. On that succesful attempt I even managed a triple kill with one shot when they were airbourne.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Onelastbreath

Onelastbreath09's Gamercard
This took me about 10 attempts, the hit detection seemed dreadful on this challenge in particular. The pigeons were easy, did them second go. I upped the sensitivity quite a bit.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #37
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelastbreath View Post
This took me about 10 attempts, the hit detection seemed dreadful on this challenge in particular. The pigeons were easy, did them second go. I upped the sensitivity quite a bit.
Agreed. Jeez, I was so pissed for a while until one of the other dudes on the forums suggested the lowered sensitivity.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
djools47

djools47's Gamercard
This achievement is making me hate this game... It's the only one still mssing to get the1,000G.

The pigeons are done, but I can't get below 12 seconds. I read all your tips though and I'll try again in a minute.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
Quasi m0j0

Quasi m0j0's Gamercard
I found the bottles really difficult, until someone game me what I considered the best tip for this achieve. Start with the one directly infront of you, then shoot to the right, reload and shoot the few thats left on the left.... I missed 2 or 3 bottles in my run, but still got it in 10 seconds....

Heres my video to show what i mean....(it has the pigeons section on it too)

good look

Quasi m0j0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #40
ActionTansill

Action Tansill's Gamercard
i didnt find this one all that difficult, i mean it took a handful of tries to get my time down, but it wasnt nearly as hard as say, the five finger filet in Rage, i still havent managed to get that one
ActionTansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #41
Vovan145

Send a message via ICQ to Vovan145 Send a message via Skype™ to Vovan145

v0van145's Gamercard
It's not easy but not hard achievement. I made it after second or third try. All what i do its just carefuly aiming and fast shooting, its all...for bootles. Birds its more easier than bottles.
Vovan145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #42
Acydyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionTansill View Post
i didnt find this one all that difficult, i mean it took a handful of tries to get my time down, but it wasnt nearly as hard as say, the five finger filet in Rage, i still havent managed to get that one

Baaaahahahah five finger fillet. Took me a good hour and a half I think. Use the pause/stab trick. You will also need a sh*t-ton of luck, hopefully not too many stabs between the next fingers.

In comparison, the bottle shooting took me maybe 20 tries. Unlike other people here, I went from left to right, and didn't even have the quick reload skill. Just make sure you line up the first bottle as well as you can before the crosshairs appear. Hopefully you can take out 7-8 bottles on your first clip (with 6-7 seconds on the clock) line up the next bottle before the reload animation and take down the rest with the last clip. No iron sights, default sensitivity.

Got the pigeon shooting one on the 4th or 5th try. Make sure you run as much as possible. Most of the time lost is from traveling from one location to the other. You'll notice Jackie can run for shorter and shorter distances after sprinting a few times. Eventually you'll need to sprint every second or two. Keep your crosshairs over a certain pigeon as you sprint up, and fire as soon as it starts to fly, then drop the other two. Reload and then sprint. 23/24, only because I was too lazy to hunt down the last pigeon.
Acydyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #43
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
I upped sensitivity by 1 time, no iron sight and started from left to right. Took me 4-5 times
Good luck!

Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #44
TheGlow

didn't have much problem, got it 4th try.
Aimed at left one before timer started, Iron sights, held the stick right just a bit and sweeped them, pop pop pop pop.
Pigeons 2 tries, missed one and realized thats ok when achievement popped.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #45
WheelzthatKeelz

wh00kie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pumpkinhed View Post
This was by far the hardest achievement in this game...

I was stuck on 11 seconds forever until I finally got 10.

I just immediately placed iron sights on the left most bottle and then dragged the right stick across all of them systematically shooting each one quickly.

I also raised the brightness all the way to max because it highlighted the black bottles against the darker black background

Next to the "don't get cocky kid" achievement from Dead Space, this is my all time least favorite achievement...
You can't have played many games then :P The biggest problem I had was the hit detection seemed to be a bit dodgy, I'd have gotten it about 10 times over but sometimes my bullets would go straight through a bottle or whatever. I found the 2nd carnival game a lot more frustrating but wasn't all that difficult really.
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #46
hisnameisfrank

hisnameisfrank's Gamercard
This one was really frustrating, but I'm glad I finally got it. Low sensitivity, brightness cranked all the way up seemed to work best for me. First I fired from the hip while still aiming with some care until clip was gone, then I aimed down scope to finish the rest off. Oh and I sat really close to my TV.
hisnameisfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #47
seyed

VOROUJAK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisnameisfrank View Post
This one was really frustrating, but I'm glad I finally got it. Low sensitivity, brightness cranked all the way up seemed to work best for me. First I fired from the hip while still aiming with some care until clip was gone, then I aimed down scope to finish the rest off. Oh and I sat really close to my TV.
Good strategy. To be honest it was the hardest challenge of entire game for me.
seyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 AM   #48
Slowhunt

Slowhunt's Gamercard
Finally got this - what worked for me - fire off the first clip quickly at the bottles starting from either end - I held my controller to the left before it started and started blasting right away, but still with some control or you'll miss everything. My first clip ran out with 5 seconds gone and I only had 6 or 7 bottles left to clean up with a full clip and more controlled aiming.

With this method I nailed it on my second try after a good 20+ minutes trying to be controlled from the get go - that reload takes too much time
Slowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:05 AM   #49
maxb79

maxb79's Gamercard
finally done it after half an hour, what worked best for me is putting aim sensitivity to two from the edge of left, firing really fast and trying to get as many as you can then aiming and taking out the rest is a pain, i was relieved when it finaly popped
maxb79 is offline   Reply With Quote