PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #31
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
I did the exact same thing but just finished my carbine/machine gun kills by the machines, since they wouldn't follow me there. I'm still stuck on the final battle. Can't seem to figure out the pattern of which things to take out first.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #32
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giptuc View Post
This OMG. This is the only thing i have against the game. Especially when your fighting the Siren on the harder difficulties... I had killed approx 60+ enemies (i know this because i finished most of my Carbine and Machine Gun kills on them) before she would 'die', and it was pretty much impossible to take her out first because your ammo would be gone so quick and the troops just kill you, and you dont respawn with nearly enough ammo.

i also found this at all the handyman points. I really dont understand how your supposed to complete the game on 1999 mode WITHOUT a dollar bill machine. The siren encounter on the stairs i literally camped where the machines were with a sniper rifle shooting her until she died just constantly refilling ammo
I don't mean to be one of those you suck types but.. 1999 is supposed to be incredibly hard, some people probably claim its still too soft.. when theres difficulty achievements, I like for them to be challenging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
yeah no map at all whatsoever. It's pretty impossible to figure out where you are, where you've been, and where you could still explore.
There are maps... everywhere... you can find them in the actual game world all the time, sure they aren't madly detailed but you can easily find out where you are.

Anyways my only real bitching point is it would be cool to understand the origins of the boss types and just a bit more side info on columbia overall. I suppose I also would have enjoyed more sections with sky rails for fighting, so fun.
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #33
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
I don't mean to be one of those you suck types but.. 1999 is supposed to be incredibly hard, some people probably claim its still too soft.. when theres difficulty achievements, I like for them to be challenging.

I never said it shouldn't be as hard as it is, I'm simply stating the fact that its going to be fucking difficult to do. I'm about to start my 1999 play through. Ill get it done, but its going to be frustrating.

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #34
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post

There are maps... everywhere... you can find them in the actual game world all the time, sure they aren't madly detailed but you can easily find out where you are.
come on. you know very well I'm talking about an in-menu map system
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #35
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
I'm about to throw my controller across the room at this stupid final battle on hard. It's ridiculous. I can get all 3 zeppelins dead but you still have to kill all enemies otherwise they keep shooting the core and then you lose. At that point I've used all my ammo and salts and I have a Patriot and some rockets just wailing away on the core. I don't know what to do. Seems like my powers are all pretty useless.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #36
Askeroth

I decided to start on 1999 mode and it went well enough, until I got late in the game and had to fight one particular boss three times. Three times! And each time, it throws a never-ending wave of baddies at you until you kill it. I probably spent a good hour-and-a-half on that boss, combining all of the battles, but I finally managed to kill it. To me, that's not difficult. That's cheap. Especially when, after the second time you fight it, you've already looted everything so good luck finding ammo for your weapons. Fortunately, I had about 2,300 coins and upgraded the devil grenades and just blasted the boss away all three times, in combination with volleys and hail fires.

I don't like challenges in games. I'm not good at shooters. I just manage because I want the achievements. I'm looking forward to beating the game so I can start over on easy and have fun while mopping up the rest of the achievements.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #37
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
while I agree with the first paragraph (those fights were beyond cheap), the second...... you're getting ACHIEVEMENTS which means you have achieved something difficult. A challenge, if you will. You're on a site that is for getting those. But you don't like them?

Plus if you're not good at shooters, maybe don't play a shooter like Bioshock. Better to choose something else. There are many other games.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #38
Askeroth

Quote:
while I agree with the first paragraph (those fights were beyond cheap), the second...... you're getting ACHIEVEMENTS which means you have achieved something difficult. A challenge, if you will. You're on a site that is for getting those. But you don't like them?
It isn't a paradox. I want the achievements. The completionist in me compels me to get them. But I enjoy playing on the lowest difficulties. There are times where the challenge proves too great - I didn't even bother going for the New York Minute Hardcore achievement in Max Payne 3 - but it's rare that I'm driven away like that.

Quote:
Plus if you're not good at shooters, maybe don't play a shooter like Bioshock. Better to choose something else. There are many other games.
I enjoy the story. I don't have any Call of Duties in my collection, but I'll happily buy the Bioshocks and Fallouts of the world. I do have a few "pure" shooters in my collection, but not many.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #39
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Some fights against does Handyman's are so cheap one Hard...
Harry Rasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #40
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I dunno, I find the Vigors to be kind of bland overall. They just aren't as much fun as most of the Plasmids.

And the Gear, by and large, is pretty useless. More often than not I asked myself "Why would I want to use that?" after picking one up. Also, the game re-gave me two pieces of Gear later in the game that I received as pre-order bonuses.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #41
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The only issue I have with the game is that it was a huge shame to leave the daylight areas to go in to the factories, or night timeareas. I thought the game looked phenomenal in the beginning chapters, but as things got darker it kind of washed away the effect.

Still, it was an absolute joy to play through, and it didn't stop me from finding the whole game beautiful.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #42
Roachus Maximus

Roachus Maximus's Gamercard
Unhappy Great game but gutted on some parts

I agree with all the above, no carryable health or salts, no stats and collectibles, only two weapons, can't lower costs on machines, no hacking no friendly flying bots etc. The only thing missing here and it's really gutted me the most, are the weapons themselves, weapons in rapture were so much more fun ( I thought) the weapons now seem so much more ordinary AND biggest of all I assumed you would have equivalents to big daddy and little sister battles, I used to love watching the pats they took and plan how I was gonna try and kick there ass. I'm currently at Finkton maybe I'm wrong and there are equivalents but I feel like I'm too far in the game for them to now be introduced. Please tell me I wrong?

still a great game but gutted all the above are missing!
Roachus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #43
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My main complaints:
  • No manual saving.
  • Only two weapons.
  • No carryable salts/health.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #44
Roachus Maximus

Roachus Maximus's Gamercard
Ok new on here, I posted but its not here now I added a subject is that why?

Last edited by Roachus Maximus; 04-02-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Er it's there now...noob alert
Roachus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #45
uait

uait's Gamercard
My complaint is that i can't stand games in which i don't know who i am: and in this game i dont know who i am till the end.

I think is the most stupid thing in the world.

This summed with a pathetic graphic and a 6 hours short campaign, i think they have destroied the brand.

No more bioshock for me.

Last edited by uait; 04-02-2013 at 08:47 AM.
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #46
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by uait View Post
My complaint is that i can't stand games in which i don't know who i am: and in this game i dont know who i am till the end.

I think is the most stupid thing in the world.

This summed with a pathetic graphic and a 6 hours short campaign, i think they have destroied the brand.

No more bioshock for me.
Troll elsewhere. The graphics are better than the original BioShock, and you know it. You can't stand games that make you think, and show you pieces of the puzzle throughout to keep you guessing? I guess you just like mind-numbing, boring shooters where the only goal is to kill what's in front of you and nothing more?

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
uait

uait's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Troll elsewhere. The graphics are better than the original BioShock, and you know it. You can't stand games that make you think, and show you pieces of the puzzle throughout to keep you guessing? I guess you just like mind-numbing, boring shooters where the only goal is to kill what's in front of you and nothing more?

Poor little fan boy!
Was i too harsh?

I am really sorry
(honestly i give a F about your opinion)

uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #48
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by uait View Post
Poor little fan boy!
Was i too harsh?

I am really sorry
(honestly i give a F about your opinion)

I'm not a fan boy. I'm a fan of the game, I think it's the best one in the series but I don't take it to an extreme. I'm not even a gigantic fan of the series, as I'm quite bored of the first 2 games, and didn't find the original to be near as interesting as Infinite.

If you have genuine issues with it, that's fine. But, when you clearly haven't followed the story and you consider some rather nice graphics crap, your opinion has no merit, because you've just pulled it out of your arse.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #49
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
My biggest complaints are

Lack of manual save.
lack of information on songbird, handymen, and boys of silence.
only carry two weapons at a time.

Thanks to Magixman for the sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #50
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Bioshock Infinite is a great game, but it lacks manual saves and more than two weapons.

Also, i think they could've shown Songbird more. i was wondering where it was.

Some minor speculation on the internet. I think they changed the complex story a lot in Infinite, so the average Joe could understand it somewhat. I have a feeling that the delays removed some interesting story bits.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 04-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #51
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Sorry to bump an old thread but as the title says "Official Bitching Thread".

I got to Shanty Island and while collecting Infusions I kept adding them to shield which is useless and prefer to add it to health, restarted my checkpoint back to 'Go to Monument Island and find the girl'

Buried At Sea - stupid bitch Elizabeth got me trapped into a corner, I wanted to set trap, but couldn't move as she was blocking my way, I had to jump "make noise" and then lost half my health and ammo!!!!

Last edited by cjdavies; 06-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote