PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Blogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #241
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
2 empty boxes? You could sell those on eBay and make some serious coin.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 AM   #242
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
The Reflection in the Smashed Rear View Mirror

This has been brought up a few times, but my list of completed games is not high in quality and I mostly go for quantity. I only have a few good completions, but damn I am proud of some of them. Well I hit 100 retail completions with of all games, Halo 3 ODST.

The game itself is fine. I am fine with it owning this particular milestone, (as some may know I am extremely picky about my milestone games). It what else the game is to me. For those that don't know, it is now story time with KillerBEA.

So it's the Monday before Halo 3 ODST comes out and I have class. Being bored an anxious I decide to skip class and stay at work late to kill time before the midnight release. On my way home at the last major intersection before home, someone from my past comes speeding into my passenger's side. My entire passenger's side get smashed up and I do a donut in the intersection from the force of the hit. I almost rolled into the donut shop parking lot, but luckily I regain control in time. His hood got completely smashed in, wrecking the engine. We had to push his car out of the intersection.

The thing that makes it interesting, is that I had known the guy since 5th grade. His Brother, Him and I were on a basketball team together. His Dad was our coach. To add to this both of our parents were out of town, and we wrecked our Dad's cars. He had been coming home from class, and I had been coming home from work. Since we knew each other there was no problem resolving the insurance claims and such.

Since my car still ran, and was just in bad shape. I drove home after everything was resolved and changed clothes, told my sister what happened (she tried to stop me from going back out); and left for gamestop. A few of my friends were already in line and saw me pull up in the now trashed car and asked what happened. I proceeded to tell them about the accident and they were shocked that I still showed up. That was an interesting night.

Since then every time I popped in ODST, I was forced to revisit the car accident in my head. The game was a vivid reminder of the mistakes I had made that day. Well now I never have to revisit those memories in this fashion again. The game is done, and I never have intentions of putting it back in my console. This is also my first Halo completion! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would go into how my list of completed games suck, but I have done that a few times, so I will just leave you with this story. That's all for now.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 06-23-2014 at 04:50 AM.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:19 AM   #243
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
While I'm glad no serious harm was done to you, Ben...LOL. I'm sorry, but I found the story funny

Gets into car accident.
Goes to GameStop to pick up a game.

Badass.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #244
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
While I'm glad no serious harm was done to you, Ben...LOL. I'm sorry, but I found the story funny

Gets into car accident.

Badass.
I can't help but picture him stepping out of the car with the most badass look on his face.

"I'm here for Halo ODST and I'm not taking no for an answer!"
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #245
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

Gets into car accident.

Badass.
Was going to say the same thing.

Car gets wrecked, proceeds to get Halo.

I officially dub thee badass.

I live so much for tomorrow, that there is no now.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #246
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaughter View Post

Nah, the most bad ass thing he ever did was trade Call of Duty in for Hannah Montana.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #247
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Nah, the most bad ass thing he ever did was trade Call of Duty in for Hannah Montana.
LOL, what?! That's badass, I agree, but on a different level than BEA's story above lol.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #248
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I can't help but picture him stepping out of the car with the most badass look on his face.

Quote:

LOL. Right? He's a maniac! A true inspiration to us all.

Quote:
Not sure if badass, or pure insanity!

Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 AM   #249
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:

Gets into car accident.

Badass.
Minor whiplash, but that is it fortunately.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
LOL, what?! That's badass, I agree, but on a different level than BEA's story above lol.
Trying to remember if it was Black Ops or World at War, honestly can't remember.
Quote:
LOL. Right? He's a maniac! A true inspiration to us all.

Not sure if badass, or pure insanity!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 AM   #250
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Hey.

Nice meme. Nice subname about Halo 3. Nice sig.

I approve

Old 06-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #251
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nice subname about Halo 3.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #252
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hey.

Nice meme. Nice subname about Halo 3. Nice sig.

I approve
I don't blame him, he's waiting for the best Halo game to come.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #253
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I don't blame him, he's waiting for the best Halo game to come.
LOL. You're just naive because you didn't spend as much time with Halo 2 as the rest of us

Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #254
Puppys

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Quote:
LOL. You're just naive because you didn't spend as much time with Halo 2 as the rest of us
Agree. Jakez is in denial.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:22 AM   #255
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Kaleido-scoping

Burnout Paradise
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Crash Time 2: Autobahn Polizei OR Crash Time 2: Burning Wheels
L.A. Noire

So Kaleido's staff club has finally made its appearance a week ago. The Boys in Blue Club. I have vague interest in 2 of the games; Burnout Paradise, and LA Noire. I have played Crackdown 1 and regretted almost every minute of it. I have only played the demo of Crackdown 2 and I have little to no interest in playing it. Crash time 2 I literally have no opinion on, as I know very very little about the game.

Do I have interest in the games? For the most part not really. Will I ever do his club? Possibly. If I ever stomach the completion in the first Crackdown, I will move onto Crackdown 2 and work from there on it.

LA Noire is probably the only game here I am excited at the prospect of playing. Burnout Paradise seems like something I would enjoy though.

That's I all I got for now...
Old 06-29-2014, 02:40 AM   #256
Puppys

If you hated Crackdown 1, don't even think about doing the second one, there are like twice as many orbs and the game is completely different and much more frustrating.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #257
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I have played Crackdown 1 and regretted almost every minute of it.
But... But...
Quote:
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #258
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
But... But...
The only part that made it bearable was playing it with you
Old 06-29-2014, 03:42 AM   #259
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My interest in Crackdown sparked up a little after the announcement of the new one at E3.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:47 AM   #260
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Only game I have played on his Club is L.A. Noire.

It's a wonderful game, but it's a very slow and repetitive game. Plus, the car and film reel collectibles are actually rather dull.

Great game, but not for completion purposes, imo.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #261
Puppys

Quote:
Only game I have played on his Club is L.A. Noire.

It's a wonderful game, but it's a very slow and repetitive game. Plus, the car and film reel collectibles are actually rather dull.

Great game, but not for completion purposes, imo.
I just remember bits and pieces of the game, but the thing that stood out most was Cole's doubting.

DOUBT EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #262
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Quote:

Burnout Paradise
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Crash Time 2: Autobahn Polizei OR Crash Time 2: Burning Wheels
L.A. Noire

UGHH, these random games =(.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #263
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Not sure why Kaleido said I was closest to his award, I only have LA Noire complete, played the rest except Crash Time..but collectables..filthy.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #264
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Still waiting for Capn to remove that crappy Kinect game from his club so I can get into it.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #265
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I just remember bits and pieces of the game, but the thing that stood out most was Cole's doubting.

DOUBT EVERYTHING!!!!
Hahah! Cole's faces throughout the interrogations were priceless!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #266
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Still waiting for Capn to remove that crappy Kinect game from his club so I can get into it.
Not gonna happen. Those who know me would be shocked if there was no Kinect in the club. The staff clubs, as far as I know, are supposed to be a reflection of the person in some way. Kaleido felt that this is a representation of him and I feel that a club of mine would not be complete without some of the great Kinect games. Dance Central is one of those things where you really should play it if you are a fan of rhythm games and the big announcement for me at E3 was not Halo or Crackdown or any of that. It was the fact that we are finally getting a Dance Central game for the One and I have an actual reason to use my Kinect for the One. If I ever make a Sub Club, it will either be all relaxing games or the best Kinect games I've played thus far. Kinect is part of who I am as a gamer.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #267
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Quote:
Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #268
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Not gonna happen. Those who know me would be shocked if there was no Kinect in the club. The staff clubs, as far as I know, are supposed to be a reflection of the person in some way. Kaleido felt that this is a representation of him and I feel that a club of mine would not be complete without some of the great Kinect games. Dance Central is one of those things where you really should play it if you are a fan of rhythm games and the big announcement for me at E3 was not Halo or Crackdown or any of that. It was the fact that we are finally getting a Dance Central game for the One and I have an actual reason to use my Kinect for the One. If I ever make a Sub Club, it will either be all relaxing games or the best Kinect games I've played thus far. Kinect is part of who I am as a gamer.
I'm a patient man, I believe one day you might alter your club if no one else gets in there.

Quote:
lol, I still need to go back to this game, ugh it put me to sleep.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #269
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
I'm a patient man, I believe one day you might alter your club if no one else gets in there.
It's more likely that I would alter it to add more Kinect, not less. As it stands, with Dance Central AND Catherine, It is very much my skillset that is required. Were I to change Catherine to something like Gunstringer or Kinect Sports, it would make the club more accessible without sacrificing the nature of the club.

TL;DR? Mass Effect and Dance Central ain't going anywhere.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #270
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
It's more likely that I would alter it to add more Kinect, not less. As it stands, with Dance Central AND Catherine, It is very much my skillset that is required. Were I to change Catherine to something like Gunstringer or Kinect Sports, it would make the club more accessible without sacrificing the nature of the club.

TL;DR? Mass Effect and Dance Central ain't going anywhere.
These games can stay, neither require an extra peripheral so I don't mind them.
And ok man, I'll be observing your club from a distance then =)