PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Dawnguard
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #301
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
at the risk of sounding ridiculous, you are waiting 3-5 in-game days between visits, aren't you?
Yeah, I was doing it in between other stuff. But I'd slowly ran out of other achievements to go for, and the radiant quests were starting to repeat a lot. I found one eventually. While looking at the Skyrim wiki, there was a picture of one flying above Arcwind Point (a location I hadn't yet discovered somehow), so looked there and *BOOM* Legendary Dragon.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #302
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Since they show up more often at higher levels, power-leveling to 81 makes it a lot easier to get this achievement.

link
Old 05-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #303
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/61580...kyrim/66107053

This worked like a charm for power leveling..

When I first started working on my illusion skill I chain casted "Calm" on a chicken in a city. Bought some spells for illusion and would cast 2 different, non-aggro spells on NPC's (one in each hand).

Once you have Harmony (part of a mini quest with Delvis in the Winterhold College) and go to a populated area you will level very quickly.. I gained about 3 levels in minutes.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #304
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Finally found a damn Legendary dragon. Took me about thirty tries running around all the different dragon sites but finally found one at Mount Anthor. I found nothing but Ancient dragons, a couple Blood dragons, and a normal dragon.

I am level 87 too. Random shit pisses me off in games. Nothing should be random.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #305
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't even end up using the Oghma Infinium. I was afraid the game would become a broken mess with the updates cleared. Instead I just spammed Muffle to get my magic up a bit, crafted some jewelry with Fortify Illusion, and then spammed Harmony in Riften marketplace get from level 60 to 81 in MINUTES. (They aren't kidding when they say the Harmony technique is super effective. Incredibly simple and effective.) The first dragon location I selected on the map, completely at random, had a Legendary dragon sitting there waiting for me.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #306
Flyn Dutchmn

flyn dutchmn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
I didn't even end up using the Oghma Infinium. I was afraid the game would become a broken mess with the updates cleared. Instead I just spammed Muffle to get my magic up a bit, crafted some jewelry with Fortify Illusion, and then spammed Harmony in Riften marketplace get from level 60 to 81 in MINUTES. (They aren't kidding when they say the Harmony technique is super effective. Incredibly simple and effective.) The first dragon location I selected on the map, completely at random, had a Legendary dragon sitting there waiting for me.
Thanks for the info. Haven't gotten around to this yet but was still thinking of the best route to go. Will do the same as you.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #307
silentbod

cripp1edavenger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i'm glad they put in an achievement that will take some time to get
Agreed! I like something that makes all the side quests, exploring and leveling up worth while!
silentbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #308
silentbod

cripp1edavenger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rums View Post
And sully the name of all that is Dragonborn. No, sir!
Well said good sir!
silentbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #309
Jericho666

Send a message via Skype™ to Jericho666

Jericho666's Gamercard
Hey, can confirm. Just turned Lv. 78, traveled to Skyborn Altar and it was there.

Would advise using Dragonrend to keep it grounded and attack from the side. You'll still need a fair few potions though, not many but a good few.
Jericho666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #310
angelusanya78

angelusanya78's Gamercard
I really wish I could level up quicker... time to grind out the thieves guild missions and Dawnguard story so that I can level up a little quicker lol
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #311
l8ygrey

Cadaver Dog13's Gamercard
I always figured the legendary dragons were the named ones you occasionally come across. Like you seefrost dragon, elder dragon, etc. But once in a while you encounter a dragon named *JumbleOfConsonants*. Guess not.
l8ygrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #312
ZERATUL PL

ZERATUL PL's Gamercard
Lvl 83... harmony lvl up works like charm... 10 min and i jumped 7 levels. had to jump 5 times to different locations before legendary appeared... as it seems i had to kill all other dragons before legendary showed up. got 100%
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #313
CargoRunner

CargoRunner's Gamercard
Finally!

I started trying to get this achievement at level 76 and by 86 I had still not found a legendary dragon. I killed lots of dragons. But no legendary. I spent 10 hours at least just travelling from dragon hang out to dragon hang out. Never finding a legendary dragon. Maybe because I was playing on an easier level.

I finally found BlueUltraNova - Skyrim - How to find & kill the Legendary Dragon on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZxUjHKjBYM

I changed the difficulty to legendary and followed these directions to Archwind Point where I finally found a legendary dragon first time and finally got that last achievement. What a total pain this achievement was! Thanks BlueUltraNova !
CargoRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #314
DeltaHeavy

Viasac's Gamercard
i really can't wait to get skyrim, i never had the money to buy it and when i did i always forgot, i've wanted this game for the longest time, it looks amazing.
DeltaHeavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:38 AM   #315
BHawes1991

DreadfulHawes's Gamercard
Im barley a Lvl 60. Only 10 more lvls to go... awesome.
BHawes1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #316
schiros78

schiros78's Gamercard
im level 74 but still no dragon...
schiros78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #317
schiros78

schiros78's Gamercard
any idea why?
schiros78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:10 AM   #318
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoRunner View Post
I finally found BlueUltraNova - Skyrim - How to find & kill the Legendary Dragon on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZxUjHKjBYM
Thanks for this! Really helped! Got it right away!~

Went into Gameplay settings switched it to "Legendary" traveled to Autumnwatch Tower. Killed the regular Dragon at the Autumnwatch Tower then I traveled South from there saw an opening between trees for a path took it all the way to Discover Arcwind Point and bam there the Legendary Dragon was.

I'm Level 86 going on 87 btw.

If anyone needs a map on the location:
http://www.uesp.net/maps/srmap/srmap.shtml

Type in Autumnwatch Tower and Arcwind Point after in the search bar.

I turned the difficulty down to Novice he had alot of health even for Novice play.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #319
Neutralicer

Neutralicer's Gamercard
Arcwind Point worked for me as well. Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #320
tanglefoot55

bigelk55's Gamercard
burned out

I was on level 57 and was trying to finish the last three cheevo's when I discovered that you had to be at least level 70 before you could encounter the legendary dragon. I had already played for over 450 hours and was too burned out on the game to crank out 13 more levels so I gave up trying. I guess that's why they call them achievements.
tanglefoot55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #321
Rainleaf

Rainleaf's Gamercard
was around also 50 lvl and was my last achievement , so what i did was i got a shield and found a giant and i just stood there and got hits , i had a good hp regen so i had no need for healing .... i was watching a movie all time while doing this as the block button i had it jammed down with a sticker :P .

So while AFK in game i got to lvl 81 or so after 2h or abit more not sure .Found a dragon after 10min of this .

Rainleaf is offline   Reply With Quote