PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
Digital Copy Issue

so after months of absence from Skyrim i bought a used copy and tried it out. Got a disc error (clean with a cloth, blah blah blah) but the disc was very well kept. regardless i cleaned it up and tried again. it still didn't work so the next day i returned the game and got a new copy at another store because the first was sold out.
went home, tried it out, same thing, same error. this disc was even cleaner than the last so i was confused and pissed off but again i returned it for microsoft points and when i got home bought a digital copy.
now shit gets even more infuriating.
load it up, click continue at the main menu, so far so good, disc error. wait, what?
THERE IS NO FUCKING DISC! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

i had the GOTY edition before and downloaded the DLC. since i had that on my hard drive i deleted it thinking that maybe for some reason the DLC from the GOTY isn't compatible with a digital copy. No effect.
Deleted all my auto saves (and accidentally my manual saves) so now i'm a level 1. No effect.
Uninstall and reinstall the game. No effect.
Delete profile. No effect.
WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS PIECE OF CRAP TO WORK?!
and you know what the best fucking part of all is? My girlfriends account is just. fucking. fine.
She can play it without an error, a hassle or deleting anything. she's just fucking dandy.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
so after months of absence from Skyrim i bought a used copy and tried it out. Got a disc error (clean with a cloth, blah blah blah) but the disc was very well kept. regardless i cleaned it up and tried again. it still didn't work so the next day i returned the game and got a new copy at another store because the first was sold out.
went home, tried it out, same thing, same error. this disc was even cleaner than the last so i was confused and pissed off but again i returned it for microsoft points and when i got home bought a digital copy.
now shit gets even more infuriating.
load it up, click continue at the main menu, so far so good, disc error. wait, what?
THERE IS NO FUCKING DISC! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

i had the GOTY edition before and downloaded the DLC. since i had that on my hard drive i deleted it thinking that maybe for some reason the DLC from the GOTY isn't compatible with a digital copy. No effect.
Deleted all my auto saves (and accidentally my manual saves) so now i'm a level 1. No effect.
Uninstall and reinstall the game. No effect.
Delete profile. No effect.
WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS PIECE OF CRAP TO WORK?!
and you know what the best fucking part of all is? My girlfriends account is just. fucking. fine.
She can play it without an error, a hassle or deleting anything. she's just fucking dandy.

Any help would be appreciated
Well this is Microsoft's fix for this problem;

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-3...ames-on-demand

But it seems you've tried that, so i don't know what to suggest.

Since you're now level 1 with no save, you may as well completely remove the game from your harddrive. Delete everything associated with it then try to re-download the game from your download history and see if that works.

Really though i'm sorry to hear it. I'm one of the lucky ones who has barely ever experienced a glitch from an Elder Scrolls game.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
thanks for the help. i think i fixed it though.
my friend suggested my hard drive was corrupted for that game (apparently it happens) so i switched to a cloud save and so far haven't had an issue with loading, saving or playing. fingers crossed it stays that way so i can get the full Gamerscore
Old 07-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
thanks for the help. i think i fixed it though.
my friend suggested my hard drive was corrupted for that game (apparently it happens) so i switched to a cloud save and so far haven't had an issue with loading, saving or playing. fingers crossed it stays that way so i can get the full Gamerscore
Nice, glad to see you got it sorted. It's a great game, but things like this usually ruin it for you.