PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox One
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-20-2014, 02:44 AM   #1
Jndogss

Jndogss's Gamercard
Question Could someone tell me about their experiences with the Xbox One?

I'm no where close to being able to buy one but I wanted to know how has the XB1 experience been for you? I've seen people streaming games and I've watched videos but I want to now about the non-gaming stuff on XB1.

I'm sorry if a question like mine has already been created but I didn't see it.
Jndogss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:39 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The non-gaming side of it was looking bright, but then Microsoft decided to 180 on those plans as well.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/xb...ng-down-2014-7

There are still a few things in production and they will happen, but that's it. The entertainment division drowned before the water got above the knees.

As for non-gaming applications, what you already have on the Xbox 360 is pretty much there for the Xbox One. A big change is that an active Xbox LIVE subscription isn't required to access various entertainment apps on the Xbox One. Other than that, both consoles (360 and One) do the same thing.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
There are changes to the dashboard, which took me a while to get used to, but its easy enough to find what you need by just exploring and you will soon find what you are looking.

Nothing to complain about for me. Just took a while to get used to where everything is. Well, apart from the fact that the HDD olhas approx 150GB used up for system requirements, leaving you with a lot less space. But its only going to be an issue if you end up with a lot of games. Only Ryse and Forza 5 for me take up a lot of space.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
voz1z

voz1z's Gamercard
The apps are pretty much the same as the 360, other than you can watch live TV with your Xbox One. For me the speed factor is what makes a difference. It takes me 5 minutes just to open Netflix on my 360, it takes only a few seconds to turn the Xbox One on and open the app. Other than it being faster and having live TV, all the main apps are the same like Hulu, Amazon, Twitch, Netflix, Explorer.

The only other non gaming feature I can really think of is, If you like using voice commands the new Kinect can be pretty cool for navigating the dashboard.

Last edited by voz1z; 07-20-2014 at 02:04 PM.
voz1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
ConfederateSuga

Spiritual's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
First off, let's be honest. No one ever really gave a shit about the Xbox original programming, aside from the Halo project, which is still on.

But back on topic, the Xbox One is a beast with a thorn in it's paw. Netflix, Hulu, Twitch, YouTube, Internet Explorer all load exponentially faster on the Xbox One when compared to the Xbox 360. The thorn part comes into play when the apps decide to freeze out of nowhere. I've had this happen several times on WWE Network and Netflix. When they fix that, I'll give them a 9/10. I won't give them a 10/10 until they add mouse and keyboard functionality for Internet Explorer and integrate HTML5 into it.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
The non-gaming side is basically a superior version of the 360.

The dashboard as a whole has improved drastically since launch, though it still has technical issues like the occasional slowdowns. Overall I think the experience is great, and I imagine the future is looking great.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Haven't used mine in months now. Matter of fact, the only reason its been turned on is because of that stupid commercial. Otherwise, it just collects dust. PC gaming is where its at now.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
XBOX One...hmm the console that's single handedly put me right off XBOX gaming recently, I just hate most things about it. After sinking 1000s of hours into 360, I still believe the 360 is and was marketed so much better.

The XBOX One has improved nothing over the 360 (except for core specs of course). My main interest...achievements is been made worse for various reasons, challenges are dumb and mean nothing. We are what? 7-8 months in and still have no killer app/game, everythings rehashes, or cross platform, the only exclusive worth getting excited over was Dead Rising 3, 1 game in 8 months for me...very meh indeed.

I feel very stuck in a rutt since XB1 came out, just losing interest in MS in general and I'm sad to say I have been glued to my PS3 for awhile now. I have easy games I started on 360 and still not finished, anyone who knows me knows how out of character that is. I know a lot are pro XB1, and if it works for some that's awesome, for me personally I am now researching the PS4 and highly considering selling the XB1 to pay towards one.

Just an alternative view from a very long time XBOX fan. Am no way slagging off XBOX, I adore my 360, and would never sell it, it's probably my fave console of all time.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 194
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #9
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jndogss View Post
I'm no where close to being able to buy one but I wanted to know how has the XB1 experience been for you? I've seen people streaming games and I've watched videos but I want to now about the non-gaming stuff on XB1.

I'm sorry if a question like mine has already been created but I didn't see it.
My personal experience with the xbox one originally I tried it at the xbox one tour, and I thought it wasn't worth an upgrade at all.

I got an xbox one for my birthday, been using it a lot really, but as I'm sure you'd expect, there's no giant leap in graphics yet, but the games do look prettier lets say.

All the apps on the console right now aren't too bad, infact there's a few I miss such as BBC iplayer and system video player (yes you can not watch videos from a hard drive yet)

I think as the system has come on it is improving with each update, when I got it, you needed kinect to find nearly everything, now it's simple-ish, a lot more easier to find things.

Although I'm sure from some peoples view the xbox has been gob smackingly amazing, right now it's just a bit prettier, but has huge potential.
Fairy Tail
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun!

Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
LordBern

LordBern's Gamercard
I think come October and its many releases there will be a more compelling argument to upgrade to an Xbox One. For right now, it is a little 'meh' to me too. I really enjoyed Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Forza looked awesome but it's pretty much what you've played before. I bought mine on impulse last December when I saw it at Best Buy. I do find myself going back to my 360 a lot though. I've also played Black Flag and Ghosts on the One and they looked great but not eye-poppingly so.

The TV stuff is ok and I do enjoy the NFL app on it too. But I don't think the app stuff is a real system seller. Just nice bonus stuff to have. I think another year and more people will say 'I HAVE to get an Xbox One for (insert name of game) !!' But the 360 and PS3 still look so good I think Microsoft and Sony are surprised more gamers aren't jumping onto the new-gen bandwagon.
LordBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Haven't used mine in months now. Matter of fact, the only reason its been turned on is because of that stupid commercial. Otherwise, it just collects dust. PC gaming is where its at now.
Meh, I'd rather save $1000 and not have to do a Google search every time I start up a game just to get it to work properly.

I've got time. I'm just waiting here to kill my oldest friend."
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBern View Post
I think come October and its many releases there will be a more compelling argument to upgrade to an Xbox One. For right now, it is a little 'meh' to me too.

I think another year and more people will say 'I HAVE to get an Xbox One for (insert name of game) !!'
This.

I wasn't paying attention to video games in 2005 as much as I am now. Were the launch games on the 360 really that impressive? Call of Duty 2, King Kong, Perfect Dark Zero, Amped 3, Quake 4, Project Gotham Racing 3, the usual sports games...

But then in 2007...think of all the cool "next-gen" exclusives. Halo 3, CoD 4, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Eternal Sonata...The Orange Box! And over on PS3 Uncharted made its debut. There were a few final swansongs like God of War II on PS2. There were also notable PC games like Crysis and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

2015 should be an interesting year for games. Think of all the cool stuff not available on 360/PS3...Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Quantum Break, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, Below, the new Phantom Dust, Scalebound, The Order: 1886.

And let's not forget the Wii U...Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, Zelda...

There's much more to come. Maybe No Man's Sky?

The only problems I'm having with my Xbox One at the moment are achievements not unlocking properly and the getting frozen on the home tab when I unsnap the YouTube app. A low battery indicator for the controller is something I want and that should come with the August update. Other than this I find things alright.

We're still early in on the eighth console generation. More games will come and we'll see improvements.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Meh, I'd rather save $1000 and not have to do a Google search every time I start up a game just to get it to work properly.
I've not had an issue getting games to work properly. Some OLD games yes, especially ones that need DOSBox to run. Yes, you can save $1000 but I tried to "future-proof" my pc for the time being. Its over a year old and much more powerful than the xbone. Plus, the games are a lot cheaper. In the end, I think they all even out to a degree. On the plus side, I had absolutely NO idea how many different games are available for the pc that are missing on the console front.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #14
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
I've not had an issue getting games to work properly. Some OLD games yes, especially ones that need DOSBox to run. Yes, you can save $1000 but I tried to "future-proof" my pc for the time being. Its over a year old and much more powerful than the xbone. Plus, the games are a lot cheaper. In the end, I think they all even out to a degree. On the plus side, I had absolutely NO idea how many different games are available for the pc that are missing on the console front.
PCs are nowhere near as "future-proof" as consoles.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #15
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
PCs are nowhere near as "future-proof" as consoles.
This is true.

On average, PC gamers spend almost $371/yr. on hardware. Console gamers spend an average of $78/yr. on hardware. (Both numbers according to WIRED Magazine polling in 2012).

When you think about it, the average gaming PC costs around $2000, and most PC gamers add their own gaming peripherals, update their GFX card every 1-3 years, and purchase other upgrades as well. On the other hand, the average gaming console these days costs around $400 and most gamers only spend another $50-60 on a new controller every year or two.

Plus, on top of that ... PC owners replace their PC's about every 4-6 years. Most consoles last 4-6 years now (accounting for replacement / refurbishment costs).

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:20 AM   #16
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
XBOX One...hmm the console that's single handedly put me right off XBOX gaming recently, I just hate most things about it. After sinking 1000s of hours into 360, I still believe the 360 is and was marketed so much better.

The XBOX One has improved nothing over the 360 (except for core specs of course). My main interest...achievements is been made worse for various reasons, challenges are dumb and mean nothing. We are what? 7-8 months in and still have no killer app/game, everythings rehashes, or cross platform, the only exclusive worth getting excited over was Dead Rising 3, 1 game in 8 months for me...very meh indeed.

I feel very stuck in a rutt since XB1 came out, just losing interest in MS in general and I'm sad to say I have been glued to my PS3 for awhile now. I have easy games I started on 360 and still not finished, anyone who knows me knows how out of character that is. I know a lot are pro XB1, and if it works for some that's awesome, for me personally I am now researching the PS4 and highly considering selling the XB1 to pay towards one.

Just an alternative view from a very long time XBOX fan. Am no way slagging off XBOX, I adore my 360, and would never sell it, it's probably my fave console of all time.
This reads like my recent posts on the sister site. I wouldn't trade the Xbox One in for a PlayStation 4, if anything, just buy one and keep both. I use my PlayStation 4 for Blu-Rays and Netflix now, almost exclusively. There's nothing much coming out for the PS4 this year other than The Last of Us, which you could play on the PS3, and Driveclub. Next proper game isn't until February when The Order comes out, assuming it makes its release date that is, beyond that, nothing has a street date. I don't think the PS4 gets interesting until late in 2015. I think it'll be the better console eventually, but I didn't buy these things to wait two years to have a reason to turn them on. For me, Microsoft has more interesting games in the short term. But I'm not going to do my usual thing and trade one in, the big money is already spent and I'll just wait for the games to show up. In eight months Sony hasn't done shit to better the PS4 or the PSN (which fucking crashed when the Destiny beta released), Microsoft on the other hand has made huge strides with updates, Games With Gold (which now matches PS+ verbatim), and doing away with outdated polices with Gold.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 07-22-2014 at 02:23 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #17
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Not sure where you guys are getting your facts but the "average" computer does not cost $2000. You can build a good gaming rig for $300-$600. Your console is ALREADY obsolete as far as performance goes. My rig cost $1300 and it is semi-future-proof because it is upgradable but started out with above average specs, including more RAM than is needed for games. Have not spent a dime on upgrading in nearly 2 years and don't plan on it. My last computer (store bought not built) I've had for at LEAST 8 years and still use it.

With such a small harddrive, and no backward compatibility on headsets, sounds like console owners will be spending more money in a year on their console than I will. IF they ever get full usb support for the consoles. Oh, and I can play older games on my rig if I want. Win win win for me.

Now, show me why it wasn't a waste of money to buy an x1...
Old 07-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #18
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
Not sure where you guys are getting your facts but the "average" computer does not cost $2000. You can build a good gaming rig for $300-$600. Your console is ALREADY obsolete as far as performance goes. My rig cost $1300 and it is semi-future-proof because it is upgradable but started out with above average specs, including more RAM than is needed for games. Have not spent a dime on upgrading in nearly 2 years and don't plan on it. My last computer (store bought not built) I've had for at LEAST 8 years and still use it.

With such a small harddrive, and no backward compatibility on headsets, sounds like console owners will be spending more money in a year on their console than I will. IF they ever get full usb support for the consoles. Oh, and I can play older games on my rig if I want. Win win win for me.

Not sure why people seem to think a "good" gaming PC is worth $600 to tell the truth.

I've spent an absurd amount of money on my PC (because I have it to spend) and even then it runs some games poorly.

I couldn't even maintain 60fps @ 1080p on Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 upon their release (drivers have since fixed them both).

One thing I enjoy about my X1, more of my friends have them, meaning I can play with people more often which is what I enjoy to do. If you enjoy salivating over visuals, then good for you. It's not what everybody wants.

The other things about PC's which is annoying is variable performance despite being on the same hardware. Me and my friend both bought a GTX 780 when they released, we both played the BF4 beta at the same time. Yet, I got on average 20 more fps while playing.

PC is awesome when it works (and it often does just that) but at times it can be infuriating.

Imagine the disappointment of buying a new game only to have shoddy performance on launch day because the devs where going half-ass on it. That is a PC gamers reality. This is barely an issue on console.

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:

Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #20
ConfederateSuga

Spiritual's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

This, this, this! Thank you, Hunter. I get so tired of their barbaric attitudes when it comes to that shit. "Me got big puter. Me game 60FPS. You bow 2 me!"

Plus another advantage is sitting on my giant ass Love Sac with an amazing wireless controller in my hand, rather than hunched over with a mouse and keyboard or a wired controller.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
EnigmaticRavyn

Enigmaticravyn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateSuga View Post
First off, let's be honest. No one ever really gave a shit about the Xbox original programming, aside from the Halo project, which is still on.

But back on topic, the Xbox One is a beast with a thorn in it's paw. Netflix, Hulu, Twitch, YouTube, Internet Explorer all load exponentially faster on the Xbox One when compared to the Xbox 360. The thorn part comes into play when the apps decide to freeze out of nowhere. I've had this happen several times on WWE Network and Netflix. When they fix that, I'll give them a 9/10. I won't give them a 10/10 until they add mouse and keyboard functionality for Internet Explorer and integrate HTML5 into it.
I have never had any freezing issues. For the longest I did have my kinect not wanting to read and saying it wasn't plugged in but even that has been fixed.

EnigmaticRavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #22
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

First of all, I've been gaming on the consoles since the Sega Genesis. Came over from the pc world and just now getting back into pc gaming. Didn't realize what I was missing out on. To call me a part of the "master race", pshaw. I go with whatever platform gives me the games I really enjoy. So far, the 360 would have to be that platform. The x1 is just not ready for me. Still waiting for that killer app or game that will get me back into consoles.

Hooking up with friends IS much easier and better on the xbox. HOWEVER, I cannot use my headset with it since no backward compatibility. Am I going to spend another $100 or so on a new one? Nope. It works just fine on my "backward compatible" pc. I also have 3 TB of storage with 120gb ssd. It doubles as a much better home theater pc than an x1 can. When I can buy a game like Bioshock: Infinite for $7 1 year after release, I'd say that's a much better bargain.

Just because you and your buddy have the same graphics card, doesn't mean they'll run the same. A lot depends on processor, mobo, and ram speed. Cooling is also a HUGE factor in performance, believe it or not. Even a console can get variable fps depending on age and condition of the box.

I'm not the master race, I just can see the shortcomings of this latest console and advise people to wait for a GOOD reason to buy one.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #23
ConfederateSuga

Spiritual's Gamercard

Quote:
First of all, I've been gaming on the consoles since the Sega Genesis. Came over from the pc world and just now getting back into pc gaming. Didn't realize what I was missing out on. To call me a part of the "master race", pshaw. I go with whatever platform gives me the games I really enjoy. So far, the 360 would have to be that platform. The x1 is just not ready for me. Still waiting for that killer app or game that will get me back into consoles.

Hooking up with friends IS much easier and better on the xbox. HOWEVER, I cannot use my headset with it since no backward compatibility. Am I going to spend another $100 or so on a new one? Nope. It works just fine on my "backward compatible" pc. I also have 3 TB of storage with 120gb ssd. It doubles as a much better home theater pc than an x1 can. When I can buy a game like Bioshock: Infinite for $7 1 year after release, I'd say that's a much better bargain.

Just because you and your buddy have the same graphics card, doesn't mean they'll run the same. A lot depends on processor, mobo, and ram speed. Cooling is also a HUGE factor in performance, believe it or not. Even a console can get variable fps depending on age and condition of the box.

I'm not the master race, I just can see the shortcomings of this latest console and advise people to wait for a GOOD reason to buy one.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection with dedicated servers for every single game, online co-op added for Halo 2, 100+ multiplayer maps and 4,000GS?

Fable Legends with true 4-player co-op?

Destiny?

Sunset Overdrive? The coolest looking new IP I've seen in ages.

Dragon Age: Inquisition?

WWE 2K15? lol

If none of those tickles your fancy, I don't know what to tell you. This is easily my most anticipated year of gaming ever.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #24
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection with dedicated servers for every single game, online co-op added for Halo 2, 100+ multiplayer maps and 4,000GS?

Destiny?

WWE 2K15? lol

If none of those tickles your fancy, I don't know what to tell you. This is easily my most anticipated year of gaming ever.
You listing those makes me super excited, too!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #25
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:

Destiny?

WWE 2K15? lol

Sorry, none do anything for me. I thought Forza 5, BF4 or Project Spark would do it for me but they failed as well. Same with Elder Scrolls Online. Project Cars looks like it might get me back in the game. Burned out on Halo shortly after 3 released. World of Tanks (lite) can't even get me back on the 360. If they were to bring over some independents like 7 Days to Die, Rust, DayZ or War Thunder, that'd be a win in my book. Waiting to see if Battlefield Hardline will be better than Arma III.

Op wanted experiences and so far, mine have been lackluster. I'd really wait for a price drop. Unless all of the 360 features are brought forward sooner. If you could REPLACE the 360 with the X1, then yes. But that's just not feasible at the moment.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #26
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Not sure where you guys are getting your facts
VeX said it right in the same sentence as the "facts"....

Quote:

HDD is non-issue at the moment, you'd have to literally buy everything digital and we're talking about like thirty or more games to fill it up?
You can buy like a $30 adapter for your old headset to work on the new system.
Still have my old machine to play old games.

Because I use it and enjoy it?

I've got time. I'm just waiting here to kill my oldest friend."
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #27
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
VeX said it right in the same sentence as the "facts"....

HDD is non-issue at the moment, you'd have to literally buy everything digital and we're talking about like thirty or more games to fill it up?
You can buy like a $30 adapter for your old headset to work on the new system.
Still have my old machine to play old games.

Because I use it and enjoy it?
The average gaming pc does NOT cost $2000. This is inaccurate at best. If you are considering purchasing a printer and monitor (which most bundles include) then yes, you can approach that number. The graphics card is the biggest investment in the pc. As long as you buy one that can be overclocked, or run dual, you've pretty much future-proofed your rig beyond the 4-6 year mark. Processor upgrading or overclocking also helps with the future-proofing.

Headset should have been compatible right out of the box, as well as usb storage. Major fail.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #28
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Unless all of the 360 features are brought forward sooner. If you could REPLACE the 360 with the X1, then yes. But that's just not feasible at the moment.
So did you buy the Xbox One to play games or for the features? Because you're all over the place here. You're obviously over the thing, so why not go off into PC land and bask in the sun? You're probably not going to convince anyone here to join you. Don't take my comment the wrong way, I don't mean shut up and go away or anything because you're enjoying your PC, that's cool, and I'm sure you're voicing your opinion because you want to like the Xbox One but it's not happening for you right now. I feel the same way you do about the Xbox One about my PlayStation 4 right now. It's all subjective as to what games interest you, but that part works fine, the "features" will come in time. I don't think there's much missing that is worth waiting for a price drop for at this point. You really think someone should wait years to buy it because of some minor features that are missing?
Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 AM   #29
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Op wanted opinions, mine is that the xbox 1 is a half-baked, not ready for prime-time set-top box. It has potential, just not happening yet. I see no point in having 2 consoles that play basically the same games but cannot replace the old box for the new one. I see a point in having a pc, playstation and xbox. Just not two xboxes and that's what they've produced in this case. The reason I've come back to the pc is because I see no reason to charge full price for a digital game on a console when the same digital game for the pc is cheaper in a lot of cases. Also, a lot more independents available, meaning, more gaming. The exclusives are the reason I buy a different box. But they are becoming more and more rare. Oblivion is the reason I upgraded from the xbox to the 360 and it was well worth the change especially since I could still play all but 1 of my current games on the 360. God of War 3 was the reason I bought a PS3. Like I said before, Forza 5 and Project Spark were the reasons I thought the x1 would be worth the purchase. TV doesn't work in my application and the hdmi passthru doesn't work for my 360. The kinect doesn't work a lot of times for voice commands except for that damn commercial and the hand gestures worked once for me. If you have good features for an older box, why not have them available for the newer box instead of adding them later? Rushed job, that's why.

My opinion, not looking to change anyone else's. Just hoping I'll find a nugget of hope here on the boards to change my mind. And to give my input when people want opinions. Over and out.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #30
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:

Destiny?

WWE 2K15? lol

And this is why the XB1 is not doing it for me, and why Sony still, and always have dominated on exclusives hence the temptation to go PS4. Halo...I've never understood, I think most people run off the nostalgia from Halo 2, which in it's time was a big deal..although I hated it.

Halo is generic beyond belief, it offers nothing new, nothing exciting, and it pretty damn dull, opinion of course, I know Halo sells, but it's garbage, it's always confused me why Halo does so well. Everything else in your list looks meh to me, WWE2K15? probably the best of the bunch lol.

I also 100% agree with Nitnoid, the XB1 is half baked, and I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 Wooden console lol, never has a new console launch been so rubbish IMO. It's all opinion again of course.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 194
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote