PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Blogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #361
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppys View Post
This. I don't really like AC enough to play every single installment, and especially not at full price each year. I did, however, love Guitar Hero so much that I did get every single one. You don't miss it until they stop making them
Yeah, I remember being burned out on some franchises and now that they're gone, I'd love to have them back. Tony Hawk comes to mind, but the real problem with those was that they got really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Unfortunately I think Ubisoft are in a tough position where if they try and change the formula too much people will complain that it's not true to the originals, yet if they leave it as is people will complain it's not new and exciting.
That's really the problem with most franchises that have a number of sequels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This usually happens around the third game most of the time. The first one is great, the second improves, and from there, what you mentioned starts happening. By the second or third game, the formula is tight, stagnation sets in, and it's downhill after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Agreed....I won't be paying full price for a creed game any more.
Every game seems to go on sale for around $39.99 within the first sixty days of release now. I'd bet that almost all of these upcoming games hit that price by Black Friday. Hopefully I can hold out for a few of them.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #362
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Yeah, I remember being burned out on some franchises and now that they're gone, I'd love to have them back. Tony Hawk comes to mind, but the real problem with those was that they got really bad.
It'll never happened but an Underground 3 would be welcomed by so many fans. For me, those were the best TH games.

Quote:
That's really the problem with most franchises that have a number of sequels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This usually happens around the third game most of the time. The first one is great, the second improves, and from there, what you mentioned starts happening. By the second or third game, the formula is tight, stagnation sets in, and it's downhill after that.
Trilogies only then?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #363
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
It'll never happened but an Underground 3 would be welcomed by so many fans. For me, those were the best TH games.
Just don't even talk about it. It hurts too much. I'd rather have Skate back anyway.

Quote:
Trilogies only then?
Yes. See? We're putting issues to bed around here by the minute. What needs sorting next?

Also, blog hijacking feels weird. I wonder if we can completely run somebody out of their own blog. We'll start with you Bigg.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #364
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Just don't even talk about it. It hurts too much. I'd rather have Skate back anyway.
Never played 'em. Played the Skate 1 demo before it had come out but I remember not understand the mechanics and giving up. LOL.

Quote:
Yes. See? We're putting issues to bed around here by the minute. What needs sorting next?

Also, blog hijacking feels weird. I wonder if we can completely run somebody out of their own blog. We'll start with you Bigg.
Hmm, I think that's it. Limit series to three installments and everything in the world will be a-okay.

My blog is a mess. It's 6% blogging, 94% Random Thought of the Day Thread

Quote:
Old 08-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #365
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
My blog is a mess. It's 6% blogging, 94% Post Boosting
I completely agree.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #366
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I completely agree.
Well when you put it that way, it's very true. I never even thought of the post count counting there.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #367
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well when you put it that way, it's very true. I never even thought of the post count counting there.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #368
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It's no secret. I seem to remember someone on staff saying that they're working on integrating blogs into our profiles somehow, and when that happens all these posts (and sorry guys, your post count) will disappear.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #369
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
...when that happens all these posts (and sorry guys, your post count) will disappear.
We left you alive for a reason. Take this message back to your leaders:

We.
Will.
Riot.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #370
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
It's no secret. I seem to remember someone on staff saying that they're working on integrating blogs into our profiles somehow, and when that happens all these posts (and sorry guys, your post count) will disappear.
Eh, I don't think anyone really cares, really. Post count is as useful as nothing. It doesn't do much for anyone.

EDIT: Lol @ Mr. White

Quote:
Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #371
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
We left you alive for a reason. Take this message back to your leaders:

We.
Will.
Riot.

Don't shoot the messenger.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #372
Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
I knew it's not a secret.

y so literul
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #373
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Damn it. I hope that's not true. That's what's fun about blogging is getting your post count up while talking about something that didn't belong in any other thread!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #374
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Every game seems to go on sale for around $39.99 within the first sixty days of release now. I'd bet that almost all of these upcoming games hit that price by Black Friday. Hopefully I can hold out for a few of them.
I pre-ordered Destiny, but only because I want to play this game RIGHT NOW. I'm usually ok waiting a couple of weeks. Heck I waited 2 weeks after release and bought Mass Effect 3 for $20 on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I completely agree.
No hating allowed in my blog...go away.

Quote:
Yeah a couple of mods were joking about it. I wondered why they were so excited about memebers posts count going down. They must of forgot the 1,000 posts asking "what happened to my post count?" when the off-topic forums posts were removed from post count. You would think they would be dreading the day.

Quote:
Eh, I don't think anyone really cares, really. Post count is as useful as nothing. It doesn't do much for anyone.

EDIT: Lol @ Mr. White
Hey...everyone knows that people who say they don't care about their post count....CARE about their post count.

It's like ASKING to be on staff.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #375
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
No hating allowed in my blog...go away.
He said it, not me. I even quoted it!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #376
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I pre-ordered Destiny, but only because I want to play this game RIGHT NOW. I'm usually ok waiting a couple of weeks. Heck I waited 2 weeks after release and bought Mass Effect 3 for $20 on ebay.
You dig Destiny?

Ehh...

Quote:
Hey...everyone knows that people who say they don't care about their post count....CARE about their post count.

It's like ASKING to be on staff.
You're totally right

But nah, post count really does mean jack shit. I don't know why people care. It's like caring how many letters were printed on a ten page essay.

See? Pointless.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 AM   #377
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
But nah, post count really does mean jack shit. I don't know why people care. It's like caring how many letters were printed on a ten page essay.

See? Pointless.
It's a mildy interesting stat, but not enough to forcibly inflate it. Not even close. Its one of those "Oh I see I have posted this many times, neat! Now where was that conversation I was looking for again?" things.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:03 AM   #378
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh yes, another perfect example. I played them all the way until Underground 2, and then it just got very bad fast, lol.

Feel free to check out my Extra Life 2014 page [HERE], all proceeds go to Children's Hospitals!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #379
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
It's a mildy interesting stat, but not enough to forcibly inflate it. Not even close. Its one of those "Oh I see I have posted this many times, neat! Now where was that conversation I was looking for again?" things.
There have been so many times I want to go back and find an old quote I said but I've posted so many times I don't feel like filtering through my post history. Lol, the struggle.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #380
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah I'm holding out on a couple games for that reason. Being so close to Black Friday, I can wait. I'll have Destiny to keep my occupied

Quote:
My blog is a mess. It's 6% blogging, 94% Random Thought of the Day Thread
To be fair the blog post starts the discussion, then it wanders off

Quote:
You dig Destiny?

Ehh...
Destiny is going to be awesome!
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 AM   #381
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
There have been so many times I want to go back and find an old quote I said but I've posted so many times I don't feel like filtering through my post history. Lol, the struggle.

First world problems

All my almost 2400 posts are filled with guidance and help (except this one)
Old 08-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #382
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofox View Post
First world problems

Knowledge!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #383
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
You dig Destiny?

Ehh...
Yeah man. I know most of my friends will get it for the One, but I'll be on my 360 exploring the world. I'm hoping for the experience that Defiance promised and NEVER gave me.

Quote:
You're totally right

See? Pointless.
When off-topic posts were removed from post count I lost over 500 posts. The funny part was the site never gave anyone a heads up...so the FAQ forum was overrun by "What happened to my posts count?" threads. Hopefully they will announce it. Not that the site owes us anything.

Quote:

First world problems

Mean...besides I've never seen these guidance filled posts you claim.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #384
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah man. I know most of my friends will get it for the One, but I'll be on my 360 exploring the world. I'm hoping for the experience that Defiance promised and NEVER gave me.
Another 360 Destiny player!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #385
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Destiny is going to be awesome!
Eh, not for me

Quote:
First world problems

Yeah, 60% of my posts are complete bullshit random talk

Quote:
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #386
Spade.

Quote:

Yeah, 60% of my posts are complete bullshit random talk
I think this relates to everyone.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #387
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I think this relates to everyone.
Except Xerofox apparently

Quote:
Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #388
Spade.

Quote:
Except Xerofox apparently
praise zerofocks
Old 08-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #389
Spanish Assault

Quote:
praise zerofocks
Yet Zerofox were given.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #390
Spade.

Quote:
Yet Zerofox were given.
praise zerofocks you herutick