PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Blogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #301
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Yea, I would like to see pictures also, have a good time dude.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:42 AM   #302
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
PAX Day 1: Capn Doug After Dark

Good evening, all. It's well after dark in the city preoccupied with the number 12, and I invite you to curl up in bed with me. I just devoured a pizza in my underpants, and am all ready to tell you of the first 24 hours of PAX. 50 Shades of Grey is set just up the street so, relax, get comfortable, maybe play a little smooth jazz as you read what I'm typing one handed since the other hand is holding the tablet.

Last night was the infamous PrePAX party, and we fell well short of the bar tab from last year. But that's fine, we didn't have the drink line snaking out into the hall either. Smaller, more intimate moments, chatting with Mike, Mike, other Mike, girl Mike and bearded Mike are always stimulating.

But what of the games we played? Let's start with the best one I played today: Ori and the Blind Forest. It should come as no surprise that I love my Metroidvanias. And this one is just beautiful. A haunting environ, looking like it belongs in a painting. Sound that immerses you, complete with a language all its own. And a gameplay mechanic that, while easy, still makes you feel impressed with yourself. It has the light platforming, it has the exploration and secret areas, it even has the light RPG elements. I played it for about half an hour and it instantly became a day one purchase. I just need to remember that the game saves very infrequently, so I need to be cautious. Another throwback to the classics.

What of the most requested impressions though? I stood in line for an hour to play 20 minutes of Evil Within. I don't think I got the right impression, though. Playing in the dark, I had to hold the unfamiliar controller up to the glow of the screen so that I could figure out what buttons I was supposed to press. It's a real mood killer when you are fumbling around in the dark. But, what of the game itself? Is it Silent Hill, Condemned or Saw? It's no Condemned, which is probably last gen's best survival horror. It seems like they are trying to blend the shock of Saw with the supernatural of Silent Hill, and... it could work. There is definite potential there, with an adversary that you can never kill and very limited resources, taking away that feeling of empowerment that most games give you. It's one that I will investigate, but the little bit I played was badly dampered by a clunky PS4 controller.

Let's get to another small release, but one that still know how to get deep. I tried out Costume Quest 2, today, since what is an after dark special without a little roleplaying? It's almost unchanged from the first game, and that's not a bad thing. The cute humour, the costumes, the quests... really, it didn't need much of a shakeup and it didn't get one. Just another adventure with new costumes and new quests. Even the graphics look almost the same. It was like spending 20 minutes with an old friend. If I could get nostalgic about a game I played less than a year ago, that would have done it.

There were lots of indie games on display, too. But I don't know how many with come to XBox. So let's close with an anticipated foursome. When two is good, four must be better, right? Especially when Lara Croft is involved. The Guardian of Light from a few years back stripped Tomb Raider down to the essentials, and I'm happy to say that Temple of Osiris is keeping it there. The big difference is that you can be joined by three friends instead of just one, leading to more complex puzzles. Watching people struggle with the co-op aspect proves how good it will be playing with friends. Since there is nothing like that moment of revelation when you both realize the answer to the puzzle you've been struggling with. Even better if you arrive at the answer simultaneously. It seems tailor made for a CG event.

Tomorrow, I hope to get to Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3, Alien Isolation and Assassin's Creed Rogue. I also got told to swing by Klei, to see the multiplayer game from the makers of Mark of the Ninja. Turn based stealth strategy game isn't out for XBox... yet.

And I continue to streak, even away from my console, thanks to Jetpack Joyride. Even got the hardest achievements in the game done already. Just need a little luck and a little grinding to finish it.

Until next time.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #303
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I was interested to see what you had to say about Evil Within and look forward to your thoughts on Sunset Overdrive, Doug. Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

A big thank you to MissJaded for our GSL 13 team signature.
I'll have a Double CSI NCIS Meatball, thanks.

Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #304
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Evil Within is something I'm optimistic on. I'll probably wait a month or so before picking it up.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #305
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Temple of Osiris sounds like it could be great with the Co-Op puzzles.

I look forward to what you have to say about The Witcher 3.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 11 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #306
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Not really interested in Sunset Overdrive personally but I eagerly look forward to your impressions on the other games!

Is Arkham Knight supposed to be there and if so, are planning to do it?

Also, could you check out the new Saints Row game if possible?
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #307
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
Not really interested in Sunset Overdrive personally but I eagerly look forward to your impressions on the other games!

Is Arkham Knight supposed to be there and if so, are planning to do it?

Also, could you check out the new Saints Row game if possible?
Arkham Knight will be there, yes. Whether or not Doug plays it is a matter of whether or not he decides to play a good game

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 08-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #308
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Last night was the infamous PrePAX party, and we fell well short of the bar tab from last year. But that's fine, we didn't have the drink line snaking out into the hall either. Smaller, more intimate moments, chatting with Mike, Mike, other Mike, girl Mike and bearded Mike are always stimulating.
Lol am I the only one who found this funny

18 Destiny raid clears and I'm still not level 30. Isn't RNG the best???
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #309
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppys View Post
Probably not as I lol'd too.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #310
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Eh, most likely.

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 08-31-2014, 07:15 AM   #311
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Capn Doug After Dark: PAX day 2

Fantasia is awesome

Assassin's Creed is awesome. Both games

Rum is awesome.

Witcher 3 and Batman don't have playable demos.

Sunset Overdive's line was capped.

Cards Against Humanity is funny while trashed.

Hot redhead from San Fran didn't hit me in the face.

SWAG!

I spent most of the day playing Fantasia to get free stuff and because it was awesome (It took me a while to type that without typos. I may stop caring soon). PLayed a bunch of different songs, got som e cool pins and a tee shirt. Need t buy that game when laser Pink Floyd DLC is released.

Got way more info on AC: Rogue, but the demo wasn't playable. just a video thingie. Unity was nothing I didn't know already. But they are the Creed. Going to buy both anyway.

Ummm.... kaleido's in charge till further notice for obvious easons. I blame Creech's booze.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #312
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Bigg ain't gonna like this.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #313
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Fantasia is awesome

Assassin's Creed is awesome. Both games

Rum is awesome.

Sunset Overdive's line was capped.

Cards Against Humanity is funny while trashed.

Hot redhead from San Fran didn't hit me in the face.

SWAG!

I spent most of the day playing Fantasia to get free stuff and because it was awesome (It took me a while to type that without typos. I may stop caring soon). PLayed a bunch of different songs, got som e cool pins and a tee shirt. Need t buy that game when laser Pink Floyd DLC is released.

Got way more info on AC: Rogue, but the demo wasn't playable. just a video thingie. Unity was nothing I didn't know already. But they are the Creed. Going to buy both anyway.

Ummm.... kaleido's in charge till further notice for obvious easons. I blame Creech's booze.
In almost 5,000 posts this one is easily the most informative and useful post you've ever made....

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #314
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Glad to hear about Assassin's Creed, especially Rogue.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #315
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
I don't like it either! I was only looking forward to those games!

Actually, that's not completely true. I am happy to see that the Assassins Creed games were good.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #316
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Eh, both games are gonna be great either way. Pretty much blow all this other "Assassin's Creed is good" and shit outta the water.

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 08-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #317
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
I don't like it either! I was only looking forward to those games!

Actually, that's not completely true. I am happy to see that the Assassins Creed games were good.
I'm not going to let the opinion of one person I barely know decide if I am going to buy the game or even if the game is "good". You shouldn't either bud.

On that note from what I read about the game I like the concept of the game.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #318
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I'm not going to let the opinion of one person I barely know decide if I am going to buy the game or even if the game is "good". You shouldn't either bud.

I probably should've evaluated more… but yeah. I know that you shouldn't let one person's opinion dictate whether or not you purchase a game or not, but if it's a person playing the game who likes Assassin's Creed like me, thenthe chances are that we will generally have the same opinion.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #319
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
SWAG!
Since I may never see this word from you while sober, I am definitely saving this in my sig

18 Destiny raid clears and I'm still not level 30. Isn't RNG the best???
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:14 PM   #320
Capn Doug

PAX Wrap up

Well, I'm back home now, having cut my PAX trip short. I realized that I had left my various meds at home almost instantly after crossing the border, but I really didn't expect them to take this much of a toll on me. Really, the only thing I didn't get to see that I really wanted to was Alien: Isolation. I didn't get to Sunset Overdrive, either, but that was just a multiplayer demo, and that's not really what I wanted to know about. So, let's go into a bit more depth about the experiences of yesterday.

Fantasia occupied most of my time yesterday. They actually had theme rooms set up to mimic the environments in the game, and if you managed to get all four done, you got a free t-shirt and entered to win a custom XBox One. For some of the rooms, I joined up with random people in line to try out the multiplayer. Given the large gestures that the game encourages you to do, I'm surprised that I didn't get hit in the face at least once, but no. The concept of the game is really simple, you are conducting an orchestra using Kinect, but it's more than that. You are able to remix the songs to get the sound that you want, so I saw techno versions of Elton John, orchestral versions of David Bowie and other such remixes while I was waiting. It doesn't have the high energy movement of Dance Central, but it is beautiful and I'm hoping for Pink Floyd DLC. How awesome would conducting a Laser Floyd show be? But the real treat seems to be the precision that they are going for. It matters how high your arms are and if you are messing around with the pace.

For Assassin's Creed, the presentation was not interactive. It was basically about a twenty minute presentation on a few different aspects of the games, some of which was already know, others that weren't. For Unity, they wanted to show off the co-op heists. Which is all well and good, but that's not really what will sell the game or me. They say that they are using all the power available on the console, which... at this point is probably a lie. Unless they are not using it well. But the fact that they are using heists to focus on almost total stealth... that's a step in the right direction.

Assassin's Creed Rogue, on the other hand, there hasn't been as much info circling about that one. But the core mechanics are almost identical to Black Flag, just farther north. So you're seeing St Johns, Newfoundland instead of St. Kitts. So it's kind of surprising that the game is being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, when the setting is basically Ubisoft Montreal's backyard. The girl giving the presentation was gushing about the new protagonist, though. And playing as a Templar was interesting in the first part of AC3, so perhaps she is right to be excited. But the question I wanted answered was one that was never mentioned: how large is the game? Is it a stripped down campaign, a throw away game designed to placate people who haven't upgraded to the new gen? Assassin's Creed 2 was good, but it wasn't that long. If I'm being asked to shell out $60, I hope there's a large enough story to go with the robust world of the North Atlantic.

If there's one indie game that I'm hoping comes to XBox, it's a game called Road to Beta. I played the alpha version of it and the core mechanic is solid. Essentially it's a twin stick shooter where you are trying to eliminate bugs from a game before it ships. The bugs yield new mechanics for the game, and they influence way the next level unfolds. So I unlocked waist high walls and had to deal with them in the next round. But at the end, I wanted to see what sort of game I had shipped. A little box art or an IGN review or something. I'm hoping it comes to XBox, since it is a sound concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post

The purpose of these has not been to tell people what to buy. It's been to provide more info on the games that intrigued me. The games that I wasn't really sure about. I have Dragon Age on preorder, and would have been getting it day one regardless. As such, I didn't bother playing it. Fantasia is a game that I was going to get, I just wasn't sure when. Same with the Witcher 3, I don't know if they are games that I should rush out and pre-order or if they are games that I can wait on. I have little interest in Dead Island 2 or the new Saint's Row game, so I didn't bother with those, either.

It's about getting a hands on perspective instead of just reading articles and watching trailers.

Quote:
Since I may never see this word from you while sober, I am definitely saving this in my sig
It stands for "stuff we all get." So... Free t-shirts. And they don't have enough of them at PAX any more. I just got the Fantasia shirt and one for Assassin's Creed.

Oh, and I finished Jetpack Joyride, so that's nice.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #321
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Nice write up's mate, It's always good hearing from someone who has had a hands on but isn't paid to shop their opinion around. Pity about the trip being cut short but it's never a good idea to be off scrip meds for any amount of time.

Can't say I am all that interested in Kinect games anymore put the premise of Fanatasia does sound unique. I still haven't played Black Flag yet, AC III soured me on the series a little, so it's up in the air whether I will be getting either one of the new ones. More chance of me getting Unity though, share the same concerns as you really, is Rogue going to be a full well rounded experience or is it just a throw away for the sake of having something on the last gen consoles.

Pity you didn't get a chance to play the single player Sunset Overdrive and they made you play Evil Within on a shoddy controller . Road to Beta sounds fun, do you get to see the game you end up with?

Big question is, how many of those 300 beers did the team manage to 'taste test'?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #322
Capn Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic XBA View Post
Road to Beta sounds fun, do you get to see the game you end up with?

Big question is, how many of those 300 beers did the team manage to 'taste test'?
That was actually something I suggested they do before the game launches. Really it was just an alpha, so they were just showing off the core mechanic alongside a more complete game. I mean, it would be awesome to see the box art or a promo trailer or something. Even a review. If you ever played Game Dev Tycoon, you get a few headline reviews and maybe an in depth article like, "It seems like a cash in releasing the sequel to a Dougsoft's hit Velocity Effect only 15 weeks after the original came out." I always wanted a bit more. I mean, if you die on the first level, a review like "It's shit! 6/10 - IGN" would be cool, but the even just the box art would be awesome. Anyway, if you haven't heard of Game Dev Tycoon (it doesn't have achievements), it's an amazing little Simulation game. In the hours I sunk into it, I think I only ever got one perfect score with a massive Fallout style game. Anyway, they had the best marketing tactic that I have ever seen. They released a cracked version of their game on the torrent sites, and when you crack the game, it introduces a new wrinkle. You can play fine up until you get to the 6th generation of gaming. At that point, the better your game is, the less money you make. Because people just pirate your game. Cool, you say, the pirates are being plagued by pirates, but how do we take this little irony to epic proportions? The people with the cracked version started going onto the Devs site and saying the love the game (you'll probably have sunk 5 hours into the game before you reach the pirates), but because of the pirates, it wasn't worth making a good game. Making a new game engine would bankrupt their company. The pirates asked for the ability to add DRM to their games to prevent people from pirating games in a game that they pirated. The dev then made a press release about this and a blog saying that "if, in the future, the industry is nothing but sequels and free to play mobile games, look in the mirror to find the cause." I figured that was worth paying $8 for the game.

And the Taphouse does have 160 beers on tap, but you wouldn't want to drink them all. I mean, right away you can eliminate the 20 or so IPAs that they have on tap, the oatmeal stouts, maybe the pale ales.... So really, there are only about 40 of hem that each person would want to drink. I've been getting into porters lately, so I found a good one, stuck to that.

I did go back to Mirror's Edge when I got home. I now have 18 of the 32 trials 3 starred, meaning I need 8 more 3 starred and the rest 2 starred. There are to that I have two starred that I kind of want to go back to and get that third star. So... Not long now, I think. I hope..
Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #323
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Never played Game Dev Tycoon, I don't do much PC gaming with the exception of WoW, I do vaguely remember reading about what the dev's did though. Pretty genius idea really.

I don't drink beer, it all tastes the same to me and it's not a very good taste. We go to a place called Brew City a lot before the movies for the pulled pork nachos and last time we went I decided to give it another shot. Tried 3 beers, that were supposed to be wildly different, one of them was even a strawberry wheat ale. All tasted exactly the same to me, bitter and wrong haha. I guess I just don't have that tastebud.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #324
Bahugo

Grumpycouch's Gamercard
First off, love the updates from PAX. It seems like you had alot of fun. The indie game Road to Beta sounds fun, and it would be cool if it came to the Xbox.

Quote:
And the Taphouse does have 160 beers on tap, but you wouldn't want to drink them all. I mean, right away you can eliminate the 20 or so IPAs that they have on tap, the oatmeal stouts, maybe the pale ales.... So really, there are only about 40 of hem that each person would want to drink. I've been getting into porters lately, so I found a good one, stuck to that.
I've been trying to taste more and more beer lately. These two are my recent favorites:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22072/56028/
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/42/142/

The Bottom Up Wit is readily available here and a weekly buy for me, I only get a 6 pack though and usually get something cheaper for after because of the price.

I would say my all time Fav is:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/

~ Started gaming on Xbox One 7/30/14 ~
~ First 1000g 8/2/14 ~
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #325
Capn Doug

Mirror's Edge is done. Actino is evil incarnate. Just... pure evil. I started the day needing only 2 more trials at 3 stars and 3 more at 2 stars. I managed to get the two to 3 stars that I needed pretty quickly, and Chroma to 2 stars, all that was left was the infamous Actino and Actino Rise maps... I was thinking that I only need 2 stars, so how hard could they be? Extremely. Actino involves a lot of jumping at full speed and landing on tiny platforms, something I really suck at. So there was a lot of trying to find ways around those jumps without losing a ton of time, which wasn't easy either. And then there's the section where it is so easy to get lost... Actino Rise, on the other hand, is just long and about precision wallrun jumps. Those are things I am not bad at. So it wasn't that frustrating, it was just making sure that the times that I failed to thread the needle didn't end up killing my chance at 3 stars. So... Now it's done, and soon I submit a request for award #49.

What comes next is finishing off Sonic and Knuckles so that I can get award #50 and hit yet another all time high for completion rate. Then it's time for Diablo 3, though I might blitz through something like Walking Dead Season 2 first. Something that I can do in a single day. Just try in vain to get the backlog down to a more manageable level. Games with Gold is not helping the backlog....
Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #326
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't drink beer, it all tastes the same to me and it's not a very good taste.
Wow.. And I had so much respect for you, Meta. Gone!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #327
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I guess you've lost all respect for me too, Dirty

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #328
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I guess you've lost all respect for me too, Dirty
Well, I only jest, but no Bigg; You're somethang special.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #329
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Quote:
Well that sucks. I once won 11 shooter races in one night (55 shots) and was still standing. That get me any points?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #330
Capn Doug

Quote:
Well that sucks. I once won 11 shooter races in one night (55 shots) and was still standing. That get me any points?
Depends on what you were shooting.