PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #91
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Found something pretty awesome today. Not sure if it's new or if everyone already knows but me and a friend was doing a mission and at the start when we ran to our cars I started pouring gas on his car as a joke and told him I'm filling it with petrol. He drove off and I followed and next think you know the gas part catches fire eventually destroying his car

Tried it in free mode and it worked again. Didn't get a chance to try it with anyone else's so I'm not sure if it's everyone but can't wait to find out

Harmless bit of fun as I didn't have to pay to repair his vehicle or get a bad sport warning and he didn't have to pay either
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #92
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
after the latest patch custom license plates in peoples 2nd garage have reset, they can be rebought from LS customs for 600$ but reset again when you leave GTA:O then come back later
Huh. Thanks. I'll just wait for them to patch it then. Not wasting money like this when it's already hard enough for people to see my custom plate.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #93
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post
Found something pretty awesome today. Not sure if it's new or if everyone already knows but me and a friend was doing a mission and at the start when we ran to our cars I started pouring gas on his car as a joke and told him I'm filling it with petrol. He drove off and I followed and next think you know the gas part catches fire eventually destroying his car

Tried it in free mode and it worked again. Didn't get a chance to try it with anyone else's so I'm not sure if it's everyone but can't wait to find out

Harmless bit of fun as I didn't have to pay to repair his vehicle or get a bad sport warning and he didn't have to pay either
Now that is funny. You should tape it and put it up on Youtube!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #94
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Now that is funny. You should tape it and put it up on Youtube!
I'm more of a watcher than a poster on YouTube. I'll just wait for someone like vanoss to film it lol
Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #95
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Tonight, while playing a mission, I accidentally killed a family of four.... err.... ran into a gas station's pump, which blew up my car, and I ended up not having to pay for the insurance claim.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #96
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
I think something has happened with the insurance as I was in someone's car with them and threw a grenade and he didn't see blowing up his car and I didn't have to pay. Countless times when I destroyed my car I haven't had to pay
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #97
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Well, in another mission when I nicked my car with an RPG while using it for cover, I had to pay.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #98
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Maybe it's not glitched. When I come to think about it I don't think I've paid for mine or anyone's car since recent update though
Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #99
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:

It used to be a way that people griefed each other, pouring petrol over a car (specially on with a exhaust that back fires, for extra fun) and then igniting the petrol caused the car to explode without any penalties (though the car own did used to have to pay their own insurance): not really seen anyone doing it in ages, used to be that you couldn't leave you car outside a shop without exiting to see someone perched atop your car with a gas can in hand.

I believe that extra bonus grief points are awarded if you manage to get the other player to shoot at you as you hide being their petrol doused car, causing to petrol to ignite and destroying their own car!

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #100
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
what type of Money and RP can you get from this? (solo)

and have any of the new "missions" been solo ones or are they just PVP crap like all the other stuff they label as "missions"
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #101
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
what type of Money and RP can you get from this? (solo)

and have any of the new "missions" been solo ones or are they just PVP crap like all the other stuff they label as "missions"
Just PVp but in jets with missiles
Old 09-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #102
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:

oh ive done this a few times now, sometimes if they have an awefully coloured rainbow car with whitewall dollar rims or chrome (I despise chrome in GTA) ill pour petrol over it and then when they set off they catch fire due to car backfiring or sometimes they shoot at me when they see me do it and burn up their own car, although last time I did it the person raged at me cause he had to pay for his own car lol
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #103
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Any one know what the event is? Seen I could press Y but I didn't bother
Old 09-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #104
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Any one know what the event is? Seen I could press Y but I didn't bother
Just a "New Flight School Jobs Playlist": http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...e-to-play-earn
Quote:
Along with these new Jobs, we've also created the New Flight School Jobs Playlist that features a varied assortment of the new Jobs from today's update. This special Playlist will award you Double RP all week long - and for those who may have been unable to unlock the exclusive 'High Flyer' Parachute Pack as part of our recent Event Weekend, we're making that available to all who play through this new Playlist to completion. Read on below for descriptions of these new Jobs and remember boys, no points for second place.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Old 09-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #105
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
Just a "New Flight School Jobs Playlist": http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...e-to-play-earn

Is there any reward for completing the playlist or coming in first place.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #106
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Ah right cheers for pointing that out. Didn't see it on r* news wire
Old 09-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #107
Doktor Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
Is there any reward for completing the playlist or coming in first place.
Just for competing the playlist you'll get the 'High Flyer' Parachute Pack (R* mentioned in the block of text I quoted ), so it's a shame it's the same reward as last time (though go for anyone who doesn't have it, I guess).

Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #108
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Just for competing the playlist you'll get the 'High Flyer' Parachute Pack (R* mentioned in the block of text I quoted ), so it's a shame it's the same reward as last time (though go for anyone who doesn't have it, I guess).

Wow that was a total fail on my part to read the whole post

I saw it but didn't read it thinking it was not part of the post.

Anyway like you said it's a shame for us that had already unlocked it that they did not add something extra. They could have added that mysterious flight hat with pilot wings on the front that I thought I saw people wearing in a lobby.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #109
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Based on these new-new air races (four (and two parachute jumps) were missing from the patch notes, yet the splash screens referred to them, but now their available), I just have to say, the "expert" air race I created is FAR better than Rockstar's! My in-race loop-the-loops are much cleaner too!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #110
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Based on these new-new air races (four (and two parachute jumps) were missing from the patch notes, yet the splash screens referred to them, but now their available), I just have to say, the "expert" air race I created is FAR better than Rockstar's! My in-race loop-the-loops are much cleaner too!
Is it alright to have the link to your race? I love a good flight race
Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #111
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
time for more funny glitch picz

theres a shipping container in mah garage:

and look what it did to my car!:
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #112
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
I really have no idea what the deal is with your garage, but there's always something new!
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #113
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
I really have no idea what the deal is with your garage, but there's always something new!
pretty sure the game hates me
Old 09-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #114
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
This! Shit is really getting weird with this game. With each update more and more glitches LMAO.

Edit: Anyone played any of the two new contact-missions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R*

Chop Chop (Contact: Trevor, Rank 43, 2-4 Players)
"Our friend Ronald is getting increasingly agitated about Merryweather Security’s presence in the state, and a nervous Ron gets on my t***. Why don't you go to Sandy Shores Airfield, hack into the Merryweather Network, find their outposts and then take their choppers and blow 'em all to hell. Okay? Great!"

Effin' Lazers (Contact: Martin, Rank 44, 2 Players)
"The market’s about to be flooded with inferior product. I... WE... have too much invested in it to let that happen. I need you to get in some Lazer fighter jets and take out the planes holding product before they land. It sounds extreme, but these are desperate times."

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 09-03-2014 at 06:10 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #115
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
This! Shit is really getting weird with this game. With each update more and more glitches LMAO.

Edit: Anyone played any of the two new contact-missions?
Ive played Chop Chop and am sitting in an Effin Lazers lobby waiting for a 2nd player
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #116
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Ive played Chop Chop and am sitting in an Effin Lazers lobby waiting for a 2nd player
Fuckin' invite dude. Never mind I'm hosting the Flight School Event now, lobby is full and most likely about to crash as always haha.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #117
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Fuckin' invite dude. Never mind I'm hosting the Flight School Event now, lobby is full and most likely about to crash as always haha.
should I invite you anyway? doesn't look like anyone is joining me, despite my lobby being open lol
Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #118
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
should I invite you anyway? doesn't look like anyone is joining me, despite my lobby being open lol
Well as a perfect example I'm watching at the screen with 7 other players and since we have our conversation here it says "launching session"...oh R* you are so NOT cool.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #119
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Well as a perfect example I'm watching at the screen with 7 other players and since we have our conversation here it says "launching session"...oh R* you are so NOT cool.
ah I do enjoy when the game does that, its also fun when it sits there launching session for like 10-15mins then kicks you off GTA:O as it can't find a compatible session then you cant get back online
Old 09-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #120
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
ah I do enjoy when the game does that, its also fun when it sits there launching session for like 10-15mins then kicks you off GTA:O as it can't find a compatible session then you cant get back online
SHOUT OUT to Sm0keytrip0d for inviting me to the two new missions, I quite enjoyed it!

Chop Chop was more intense.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 09-03-2014 at 06:51 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote