Tyger7 - It's Complicated

Tyger7

My point was that the playing field isn't level for everyone here.

Pretty bold statement, Spanish. Though, I think I'm going to have to agree with you on that given my own observations here. Really though, avoid those you have a problem with and have fun with the company you get along with. It's not that hard really. You can't get along with everybody, right? :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've literally posted that you think some staff hold a grudge against you and should be removed from their positions - and yet here you are, after a member of staff lashed out at someone, saying we should just ignore that and do nothing. Likewise, you seem to be ignoring the fact that Creech specifically said in the other thread that this was not a first offence.

You should be a lawyer jack, I'd bang the gavel after that bit if I was the judge.

Not sure how I end up as the judge in this hypothetical courtroom dramatization, but I bet there's a lot of booze, a monkey and circus music playing throughout all of it.

He said. She said. Doesn't matter what you said or didn't say.

It quite literally does matter, considering they're not dealing in hearsay. These conversations must exist in the form of text, so it's pretty cut and dry. Just sayin', that catch phrase doesn't really apply here. ;)

---

I have no opinion of the situation, I've just been seeing bits of it all over the site. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do Tyger, on the site, and in life, you've always been a good guy to me here and your guide work is excellent. You can continue to be an asset to the site in future if you decide to, on your own terms, which might allow you to find the joy in it that you once had. Unfortunately, I'm certain that you know that you're more likely to get negative feedback, or no feedback at all for your work than you are positive feedback, sadly, that's the internet for you. Regardless, your wonderful contributions will continue on as anything but unnoticed. It sounds like that was always going to be enough for you, and nothing about that has been tarnished.

Edited by WalterWhite

Just to clarify my recent removal from staff, let's show my point of view. Visit my sunset overdrive guide HERE.

Notice troll mjc0961 crying and complaining that this guide "is not up to standards". When obviously it is just fine. He continues to be negative, while Floyd, a community rep, speaks out. What does the other member do? More complaining, eventually ignoring Floyd and saying he will go to another site for a collectible guide. Does he go? No, he continues to be a pest. After drinking (yes, after drinking to the point of intoxication), I decided to send a message to this user.

Here is the message I sent to the user, which got me kicked off of staff. Remember, this user had said he would "go somewhere else" and disrespected not only me (a moderator for years), but another staff member who was a bit more new. Defending a fellow good member of this site? Yes, then I am guilty. I was removed for threatening to ban this member.

"Why the disrespect on my Sunset Overdrive guide? You need your hand held through every game? You think that I have so much time in my life that I can walk you through every little thing in an easy game? "Thanks for nothing". That's how you respond to my hours of work? While I was struggling with a relationship and working full time? For fuck sakes. You have done nothing for the community but you did bitch. That's one thing you're good at. Stop responding in my guides from now on. If you don't like them, go somewhere else or I'll make sure you'll have no choice."

Did I say I would ban him? No. I have only banned spammers in the past few years. I was merely telling him to back off. What was I really planning? To just delete all his posts.

Originally I had posted a farewell to this site, which was locked (I figured it would be). I am not trying to cause drama, I'm just trying to state my case and why I acted the way I did, and unfortunately put myself in defensive position. This is just a blog posting, so hopefully this gets left alone where I can speak my mind.

I'm sorry, but that's just evidence that adds to the mess. You're clearly at fault here, and "I'll make sure you have no choice" is 100% a threat and shouldn't be seen as any other way.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hours of work you've done for the site, and all the guides you've written, but he has every right to say what he wants about your guide, without receiving threats of being banned. That's like saying I'd fire you from a job if you ever said anything bad about my decisions.

Again, I'm sorry but I'm just calling it as I see it, and how I see it is that you threatened to abuse your authority and get him banned after he gave negative feedback for your guide.

EDIT: I'm not saying I agree with the dude, but I am saying that he does have a right to say what he wants.

Edited by Slaughter.

I see your points. I updated the guide after getting PMed by someone being nice asking me to. I worked a few good hours on it using my day off to do so. I decided to expand it a bit but then there was DLC. I added it but had not been finished. The reason I had sent that message a month later was because I had gone back in to finish the DLC part of it. I sometimes get media done for guides but don't have time to upload right away, and I wanted to fill in the blanks (its mostly story stuff though). This is when I read the comments that were made.

Now all this about freedom to be negative I get, so why can't I be negative back to him? He never responded to my message. I never "followed up" on him. It was just a hollow upset message. My other strikes, as it appears to have been, were of similar moments when I said what was on my mind while being upset. In fact I don't even remember what it was all about. I was on the staff for like 5 years or something.

And yes this is the internet, what you say is in print and anyone can imagine whatever emotion or intent they wish to see. Should I have bothered messaging that guy? No. Do I regret it? No he deserved it. What would I have changed? Just the last sentence. He mentioned going to another site anyways which is why I worded it the way I did. I'm extremely sarcastic in real life. Defending the site, a sub, and myself lead me to this result. It was my fault, I agree to being defensive about something/people I've been a part of for so long.

Anyways I'll drop it. And I really don't have any frirnds on the site. I have maybe gamed with two people consistently that visit the site and I didn't meet them here. One of them doesn't even post. I don't have a "group" of people trying to back me up. Everyone has been really nice about this and I thank you for the time reading and discussing it maturely. I appreciate the staff giving their opinions as well. :)

Pretty bold statement, Spanish. Though, I think I'm going to have to agree with you on that given my own observations here. Really though, avoid those you have a problem with and have fun with the company you get along with. It's not that hard really. You can't get along with everybody, right? :o

Nope. I hate hypocrites and people who are dicks. With that said good luck tyger.

I see your points. I updated the guide after getting PMed by someone being nice asking me to. I worked a few good hours on it using my day off to do so. I decided to expand it a bit but then there was DLC. I added it but had not been finished. The reason I had sent that message a month later was because I had gone back in to finish the DLC part of it. I sometimes get media done for guides but don't have time to upload right away, and I wanted to fill in the blanks (its mostly story stuff though). This is when I read the comments that were made.

Now all this about freedom to be negative I get, so why can't I be negative back to him? He never responded to my message. I never "followed up" on him. It was just a hollow upset message. My other strikes, as it appears to have been, were of similar moments when I said what was on my mind while being upset. In fact I don't even remember what it was all about. I was on the staff for like 5 years or something.

And yes this is the internet, what you say is in print and anyone can imagine whatever emotion or intent they wish to see. Should I have bothered messaging that guy? No. Do I regret it? No he deserved it. What would I have changed? Just the last sentence. He mentioned going to another site anyways which is why I worded it the way I did. I'm extremely sarcastic in real life. Defending the site, a sub, and myself lead me to this result. It was my fault, I agree to being defensive about something/people I've been a part of for so long.

Anyways I'll drop it. And I really don't have any frirnds on the site. I have maybe gamed with two people consistently that visit the site and I didn't meet them here. One of them doesn't even post. I don't have a "group" of people trying to back me up. Everyone has been really nice about this and I thank you for the time reading and discussing it maturely. I appreciate the staff giving their opinions as well. :)

You definitely have the right to be negative, it's just that you were negative in a threatening type of way.

Props to you for handling the aftermath like an adult. :)

You sir are the complete opposite of a dick. Plus half the time you're drunk so it's cool.

Is that right? The complete opposite, huh? You're calling me female genitals now? Expect a thorough tea bagging come our next gaming night that features a crouch button, matey! :p

Tyger, you'd make a quality drunken gamer, me thinks. You should try out for our 'team' sometime. :drunk

Is that right? The complete opposite, huh? You're calling me female genitals now? Expect a thorough tea bagging come our next gaming night that features a crouch button, matey! :p

Tyger, you'd make a quality drunken gamer, me thinks. You should try out for our 'team' sometime. :drunk

LOL. You def are a pu...err I mean a little kitty.

Tyger, the DGN is always accepting applications. We are the outcast of the XBA community (well some nice members game with us too). You sir are now an outcast. :drunk

LOL. You def are a pu...err I mean a little kitty.

Oh, don't worry. This kitty's got game and could dance circles around you! :D

http://ikoupon.com/images/p_37_Cat-Fighting-a-Dragonfly_249.jpg

Tyger, the DGN is always accepting applications. We are the outcast of the XBA community (well some nice members game with us too). You sir are now an outcast. :drunk
Nah, while you might be the boss man of DGN, I'd like to welcome anyone to play with us. Sue me, Carmona! :p

Just thought I'd chime in in my capacity as Guide Team Lead. I'm not going to comment on the "situation", on what has happened over the last week or so, but I just want to say a couple of things.

First of all, Tyger, thank you. Your guides have been an inspiration for many a member to start writing guides, and any new writer that has asked me for tips, I have simply linked one of your guides and said to study your work. The quality of your guides really set the standard for what we look for in something we publish. If you feel you no longer want to contribute, your legacy as a guide writer will resonate through the site.

I sincerely hope that you go against that decision if not immediately, because as I'm sure you know your guides have helped countless people over dozens of games. When I started writing guides I was hooked after the first one, and I still get a buzz when I am writing a guide and seeing it get published to the site. You have said, like me, that you enjoy it and I hope that you won't stop creating guides. Of course I would prefer if you make them here, but it is of course your discretion as to what you do with your time and your work.

If that is it for Tyger7 and XBA, then so be it, it is your call (and I am in no way speculating that it isn't ;)) and I wish you farewell and all the best in the future. I am sure if you carry on writing that myself and many others will continue to be grateful and benefit from your hard work and enthusiasm.

Party on, Tyger. Party on.

Oh, don't worry. This kitty's got game and could dance circles around you! :D

http://ikoupon.com/images/p_37_Cat-Fighting-a-Dragonfly_249.jpg

Nah, while you might be the boss man of DGN, I'd like to welcome anyone to play with us. Sue me, Carmona! :p

True. We don't have an inner circle so anyone can game with us. We accept all and judge no one. Even if you don't drink as long as you laugh then you are ok.

Also, don't ever contradict me in public again.

post-39439-cartman-bane-gif-Imgur-respect-MDkn.gif

Thanks Corrupt that means a lot. And to the rest of everyone who support me (In general not on this specific topic). Spanish Assault what group is this you speak of?

I should be a shoe in for the drunken team, that is how this mess all got started anyways. I've reminded a few times my actions were those after drinking and one specific event that sparked a deep depression I've had since late June. No one here to blame of course, just personal stuff. I am working on it though.

As far as blogging goes... Better Call Saul is awesome and first episode is free on Xbox.

Now all this about freedom to be negative I get, so why can't I be negative back to him?

Defending the site, a sub, and myself lead me to this result. It was my fault, I agree to being defensive about something/people I've been a part of for so long.

Just to follow up on this: you have the right to defend your work and yourself/your opinions, without doing what you did here. I've failed to do so in the past (hopefully not recently, I feel like I've been good), but as staff, we have to take the high road.

One thing I've run into recently is getting blasted simply for defending games on the site (apparently as staff I should shut up and not have any opinions about gaming in general), and it's been tough not to blow up at people. It's really sad that I can't defend an "over-hyped game" or "stupid indie game" without people saying I shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Thanks Corrupt that means a lot. And to the rest of everyone who support me (In general not on this specific topic). Spanish Assault what group is this you speak of?

I should be a shoe in for the drunken team, that is how this mess all got started anyways. I've reminded a few times my actions were those after drinking and one specific event that sparked a deep depression I've had since late June. No one here to blame of course, just personal stuff. I am working on it though.

As far as blogging goes... Better Call Saul is awesome and first episode is free on Xbox.

Check out the link HERE. It started as a drunk off topic forum, then we decided to game while drunk. We've had 3 or 4 events now. You don't have to be drunk or drink but it's a lot more fun if you do. The first night Frag was so drunk he didn't even know I was in the party...and started to talk drunk shit about me...to me. It was hilarious. The more we drnak the worst we got at Titanfall. Half the team started climbing water towers and forgetting to play. Honestly it's fun so check it out.

Just to follow up on this: you have the right to defend your work and yourself/your opinions, without doing what you did here. I've failed to do so in the past (hopefully not recently, I feel like I've been good), but as staff, we have to take the high road.

One thing I've run into recently is getting blasted simply for defending games on the site (apparently as staff I should shut up and not have any opinions about gaming in general), and it's been tough not to blow up at people. It's really sad that I can't defend an "over-hyped game" or "stupid indie game" without people saying I shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Yeah....people like that are the reason I don't venture to far from the off-topic forums. If you don't share their opinion then you hate their mom, so they take it personal.

Sad situation all around with a truly regrettable result. I wish I could pour Coke into my keyboard to spread love across the internet but alas it's just a commercial and would ruin my keyboard. This whole situation just feels like a lose-lose for everyone. The site is losing out on a terrific and productive guide writer while Tyger is being stripped of things that he liked because he acted human. There's no side to take on this issue. Instead, I'm glad that this thread is being kept open so that it can be seen and used as a tool to help the site get better.

We're all human and make mistakes. I'm glad Pants has the fortitude to step up and admit he hasn't always been a saint (I'm honestly just amazed that he's still working as hard as he does on this site given how long it's been and the fact that it's volunteer work. It's impressive he hasn't burned out). I too have been less than cordial to some that were insulting to my guides. CASE IN POINT. In the end, I still consider Tyger a friend, not some XBA pariah, and hope that one day we all look back on this and have a good laugh.

Cheers!