PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Samurai Warriors 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
They better not pull a Tomb Raider...

So Samurai Warriors 2 is coming out with DLC as we now know and it's changed the game to Samurai Warriors 2 XL. Now there is a retail version of Samurai Warriors 2 XL coming out in June. It had better not have a different acheivement set. I'm referring to how Tomb Raider: Legend got 250 new points for adding Anniversary to it while Anniversary also get it's own fresh set of achievements for 1000 points. They better not have a different set of achievements for 1000 on Samurai Warriors 2 XL in June... Here's to hoping the play it like Oblivion did when the released the GOTY edition that included the original game WITH the DLC achievements.

Last edited by o0EVIL0o x360a; 03-04-2008 at 07:12 PM.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Retail version will only be on PS2.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
o0EVIL0o x360a

Well if I'm mistaken, then sorry for jumping the gun. I was a little freaked when I saw this.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200429

and it's also on my Gamefly Que??? I put it on there a while back when I noticed it was coming out. Was blindsided by the DLC for the original game.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Well slap me silly... the article I read earlier said it was only coming on the PS2. Looks like they did indeed pull a Tomb Raider. Very lame...

Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Salsa di Omega

Prismatico's Gamercard
Aren't they just releasing it all on one disc though? So it doesn't seem like it'll be the same as Tomb Raider...it'll just be both games on one DVD.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

What we're referring to is that they're releasing this as a DLC add-on to Samurai Warriors 2: 250 extra achievement points for 2400 MSP.

They are apparently also releasing the content as its own retail game, which are required to have 1000 achievement points.

So, the same content will be available twice.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
o0EVIL0o x360a

All hope is not yet lost. They could do like they did with Oblivion and make it the full retail game +DLC on one disc. Here's the hoping for that.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Me personally I hope they just release a retail version, that way it's less complicated
DC is cool but 2400MP screw that even if it is a whole new game, it aint worth it lol
Tricka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #9
Salsa di Omega

Prismatico's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGA o0EVIL0o View Post
All hope is not yet lost. They could do like they did with Oblivion and make it the full retail game +DLC on one disc. Here's the hoping for that.
That's basically what I was trying to say...sorry I wasn't as clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
What we're referring to is that they're releasing this as a DLC add-on to Samurai Warriors 2: 250 extra achievement points for 2400 MSP.

They are apparently also releasing the content as its own retail game, which are required to have 1000 achievement points.

So, the same content will be available twice.
I know that, but as this other guy brought up a good example, it doesn't mean they can't just release one disc with DLC added (see also MUA: Gold Edition). Koei usually makes predictable achievements, but I don't think they could possibly squeeze 1000 out with just the little content this expansion will add. Tomb Raider was still a 15 hour game of unique content, not just a few added characters+expanded modes.

Last edited by Salsa di Omega; 03-04-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Salsa di Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

I see what you're saying. If that is more of a "special edition" or whatever like Oblivion did, that would be cool.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
o0EVIL0o x360a

Yeah, I'll be freakin pissed if they make it have it's own achievement set. But think of it this way guys, they've actually physically changed the name from Samurai Warriors 2 ---> Samurai Warriors 2 XL on our gamercards. So with this in mind, I think that the retail version will just be both together. Anyone want to back me up and ease my mind?? lol