PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spiderwick Chronicles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #31
RupturedRapture

RupturedRapture's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
whoa, whats the random bash on Number Uno Low Beau? Lets be civil here. If you have a problem with his guide you could post in the Crash of the Titans forum.
RupturedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #32
Low Beau

Low Beau's Gamercard
I wasn't bashing anyone. I was just stating a fact. Go read all the unhappy comments in the Crash achievement guide thread and you'll see. I could honestly care less. Dude could make a million achievement guides as long as they are 100% finished then that's awesome. Otherwise it kinda looks lazy and not helpful anymore. However I've just glanced at thre awesome guide he threw up for this game and wondered why he didn't put that type of devotion into the Crash game.

ehhh, who gives a ish though right? Uno I didn't mean any harm if any was taking homey!

1000 's I'm Most Proud of:
Dead Rising, Mass Effect & Conan
Low Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #33
RupturedRapture

RupturedRapture's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Sorry for jumping the gun Low Beau. I didn mena to be an ass or start something. I just didnt know what tone you were taking. Ive got to give kudos to anyone writing a guide.....thats work.
RupturedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #34
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Great Job on this guide bro! Well done.
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #35
Draco719

Draco719's Gamercard
Ok we got a problem. You need 7 Flower-Winged Sprites not 5. Ive looked everywhere in the caves for the last one....where is it??
Draco719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #36
Semp Pi

MantisToboggnMD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco719 View Post
Ok we got a problem. You need 7 Flower-Winged Sprites not 5. Ive looked everywhere in the caves for the last one....where is it??
Thanks for that, I'll make sure to update the guide right now. As far the last one, I believe I caught him in the ringed area of stones in the caves. Just do a few laps around the jumping stones until you see a pale blue sprite with a large aura around him (means haven't been captured).

Semp Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #37
x Voit x

Send a message via AIM to x Voit x

x Voit x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan36zero View Post
Thanks for your effort Semp Pi, very useful guide.

I'm 98% with the game, GS 910, missing the very last leatherwing and it's not the quarry lamp tree one.

I have been running up and down the whole area for a day now, still couldn't find that last one.

Here's a list of leatherwings I noted from my last run.

1. Front entrance of the mansion
2. Mansion into forest road, on the first bridge
3. The first quarry road sign towards goblin camp.
4. Small fuse house before the goblin camp
5. Midway on the cliff to the large fuse house
6. Quarry lamp tree, shoot the lamp
7. Deep woods, oak tree folk area
8. Cave, from the oak tree folk
9. Tunnel below cellar, near the U-shaped "hidden path"
10. Missing this one!!! HELP

Anyone please help? I need this damn bugger to 1000.
Thanks!
where is the tunnel bellow cellar near the u shaped hidden path i dont think i have that one
x Voit x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #38
x Voit x

Send a message via AIM to x Voit x

x Voit x's Gamercard
never mind i found it
x Voit x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:48 AM   #39
DZ RICO

x RICO DA DON x's Gamercard
Fire Salamander Master one i did as u said and got the first one with the lil boy but it didnt say to do antthing so am i missing something here cus i have ran around picking up everyone of them and everything i see and i am not get any of these field guide things
DZ RICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #40
Semp Pi

MantisToboggnMD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ RICO View Post
Fire Salamander Master one i did as u said and got the first one with the lil boy but it didnt say to do antthing so am i missing something here cus i have ran around picking up everyone of them and everything i see and i am not get any of these field guide things
With a Fire Salamander captured, try returning to the bedroom where the fish tank / terrarium is on the floor. Place it in and the achievement should unlock. It has been a while, but I believe that is what is required.

Semp Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #41
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
is there a game walkthrough so i wont missing everything or are all things that need collection pretty straight forward to find?

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #42
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 5O2 View Post
is there a game walkthrough so i wont missing everything or are all things that need collection pretty straight forward to find?
there are guides and walkthroughs, but if you remember to catch every creature and pick everything up whenever you come to a new area, you wont really need one. Just play through, and use a guide if you're stuck.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #43
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Great job on the Guide, especially on your first one!

FX.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #44
silvernightmare

SilverNightmare's Gamercard
Great guide, used it on my way to 1k

silvernightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #45
ankle_spawn

Katarr0's Gamercard
i think the position of the first flower winged spirit should be clarified in the guide.
actually it's found under a basket in the garage, only after you free it it goes wandering in front on the mansion. it took me 2 hrs of suffering to realize it

update the guide, if you want
and btw, thank for the awesome guide, its a damned game like no other, with all those collectibles, but u made it quite easy. well, less painful at least

ankle_spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #46
youngxlos
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to youngxlos

youngxlos's Gamercard
Great guide!
youngxlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #47
biochem411

BIOChem 4one1's Gamercard
Great guide. That ISL Champion ach was quite annoying!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #48
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I can't find the last Leatherwing...grrr

I've ran through the entire map about 5 times, spent about 3hrs on this and still can't figure out what i'm missing. I make sure that I don't die and the game saves,
List:
1. Front entrance of the mansion - got it
2. Mansion into forest road, on the first bridge - got it
3. The first quarry road sign towards goblin camp. - got it
4. Small fuse house before the goblin camp - got it
5. Midway on the cliff to the large fuse house - got it, but noticed that it sometimes isn't there, on the U shaped cliff area

6. Quarry lamp tree, shoot the lamp - got them all
7. Deep woods, oak tree folk area - got it
8. Cave, from the oak tree folk - got it, you can't miss it
9. Tunnel below cellar, near the U-shaped "hidden path" - got it
10. Outside of the mansion between the garage and bushes to the left of garage. You might need to throw a faerie fruit to get him to come out. - i think i got it, but doesn't really show up all the time, you see a will o wisp all the time though..

Also, the site's guide says:
6. See location of Will O' The Wisps Sprite 6. From that spot head to the left and go along the path to find this one in the wide open.

This is a totally different sprite making it 11 total? or is this a mistake?, if i head left I end up by the cave with the Knocker, and if you keep going you end up by where you break the wood planks for treasures... the opposite way goes up the cliff where you just came from...

Last edited by mrbonelly; 06-08-2009 at 12:53 AM.
mrbonelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #49
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
important addition to the ISL Master achievement:

do it much easier and in 2 minutes: Select the player of your choice in multiplayer. Select the tunnels arena. Once started, go to the smallest, northermost point. Once there, goblins will never reach you, because they don't see you. There are to sprites that respawn. Catch them and use their powers continuesly, and you will be done in about 2 minutes. 100 points, not even fighting once. good luck

PS: can be done with only one controller!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #50
ianke_2002

PhonySpoon's Gamercard

Stray Sod Sprouts

I SWEAR i have found all 8 of these things...circled around htem (the 3 in the meadow and 5 in the deep woods by the oak tree) and NOTHING is popping up....what am i doing wrong? im 910/1000 and it is the last thing i need to do...can someone PLEASE help me out.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #51
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
Hi, where I can find quest Sprite race, I exactly know where, but sprite isnīt there.....thanks for ur answers
Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #52
EddyB43

EddyB43's Gamercard
Lightbulb Final thoughts, some corrections

Since I just finished this game and noticed some discrepancies and missing information, I thought I'd add some notes.

1) Firstly, the second sequence with Thimbletack is in chapter 4, not chapter 3 as some state. I also folllowed this HD video guide and it showed the 29 & 21 cockroaches, and also points out the postage stamp for Thimbletack's house. It is underneath cockroach 39, the video will specifically come back and get it between 48 & 49.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLluXjpH4xY

2) They are quests in the Field Guide, but the achievement guides don't mention these. I don't know if they're required for the final story quest to open up, but I found these anyway:

Phoenix evidence:
Feather: Deep Woods, near the Oak Treefolk tree it dropped when I killed a Bull Goblin running around here.
Eggshell: Forest Road, after crossing the log near the start and shooting your squirt gun to pass the fire salamanders, it is in the one dead end short path that doesn't lead to one of the many Deep Woods entrances.

Elven Relics:
Basket: Deep Woods, I believe this is near the entrance you must crawl through from Forest Road near Cypress Treefolk tree and where you'll find 2 of the Garden Sprites.
Elfshot: On the other side of the Cypress Treefolk tree swamp there is an upper path taking you to the Oak Treefolk tree area, it was right by the bit where you drop down into the swamp.

Dwarven Relics:
Ring: In the cave after the first Tunnel Troll chase, it is right next to where the second Knocker comes out.
Metal Leaf: Quarry, this is next to the fireplace/cauldron in the Goblin Camp.
Metal Cricket: This is Thimbletack's house item #12, in the caves where you have to lower a stalactite bridge with a gobstone.

3) The achievement guide for sprites regularly talks about Will O' The Wisp Sprite 6, which is one you get from the smashable lanterns in the trees. It is actually referencing Will O' The Wisp Sprite 7, in the initial cave area with a circular path.

4) The final 4 Garden Sprites appear in a specific order that matches the questline in the Field Guide. So specifically you will find Royal Orchid #4, Flowerhead #7 (in the exact same spot, you presumably have to leave then reenter the Deep Woods by the nearby entrance), Flower-Wing #7 and Leatherwing #9. You MUST use the sprite by selecting them with RB and pressing Y to release them, then you should talk with them in the garden (where they will give you a faerie fruit).

5) I had smashed all the lanterns on the tree in the Quarry when I first arrived, but when I was ready for the final Garden Sprite, Leatherwing #9, there was one more lantern to smash that he was inside.

6) Carrying on from that, each of the 4 Garden Sprites will give you another Faerie Fruit. From careful collecting and never using them I had gotten 37, these 4 put me to 41 and the sprite race got me to 46.

7) The best way to win the race is to have 2 Flower-Wing dash sprites and any 3rd sprite to fill up your inventory. Otherwise I found the game loves to followthrough with your A button press to end the conversation and swing your net if it's equipped, thus catching the sprite instantly. 2 dash sprites is more than enough to dash through the entire race and win easily. If you accidentally catch the racing sprite, use it then just go back in the house to cancel the race. He will give you 5 Faerie Fruit, and probably 5 each for Gobstones and Ball Bearings if you are having problems getting those achievements - also don't forget the 15 ball bearings in the washing machine in the cellar and the 60? gobstones from the second Knocker.

8) Bellflower #5 was my final sticking point, it was never at the Cypress Treefolk tree as stated in the guide. Buckyfellini pointed out that you must crawl through the log, and then it will fly around this log.
EddyB43 is offline   Reply With Quote