PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Samurai Warriors 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Samurai Warriors XL DLC is up now in all regions

Topic says it all. I'm downloading it now. 2400 points, 2.5 gigs of memory required. Hopefully its worth it. And hopefully this is how they do more expansions.

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
So many points!!! It's more than I spent when I bought SW2 itself... I'm wary. On one hand, it's like "oh, it's just more of the same so why waste money" and on the other, it's like "but the rest was fun, so just crack and buy it!"
Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Well, in dollars its 29.99 worth of points, so same as the PS2 version. When there was supposed to be a standalone 360 version, which would have been released in June but was canceled by Koei last month, it would have been 39.99.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
Cliff Drive

Cliff Drive's Gamercard
Can you still play when your not connected to LIVE?
Cliff Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Well as long as you are playing it on the system you downloaded it too, yes.

Sadly anyone who already downloaded it, like me, has to wait a little bit to get a working copy. Somehow the download file was messed up for the States so if you've already downloaded it, just wait. They said they should have the working version up soon. Just download it again, if you already paid you won't have to a second time.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
FroBoy11

FroBoy11's Gamercard
The DLC is back up now. At least it is here where I am. You guys on the east coast might have to wait another hour. It's there. Hopefully it'll work this time.

Currently working on: The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, Super Street Fighter IV.

FroBoy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For those with this new content, what kind of effort is it going to take to unlock these new achievements. And any info on the Bodyguard achievements, are they easier to unlock now??
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Terrin

terrin's Gamercard
the 6 character achievements are not bad I got 2 and trying mercenary mode now, I hear body guard achievements are alittle easier but I dunno I unlocked them before hand... its pretty simple to get the new achievements as far as I can tell
Terrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
o0EVIL0o x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrin View Post
the 6 character achievements are not bad I got 2 and trying mercenary mode now, I hear body guard achievements are alittle easier but I dunno I unlocked them before hand... its pretty simple to get the new achievements as far as I can tell
Thanks Terrin, anyone else have any other opinons on the new DLC??

After I finish Bully, I'm going to pop this in and give the new DLC a whirl and if I find anything I'll post as well.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #10
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
YES! The two new guards are already purchasable in the shop and once you buy either of the new guards the old achievements will be gained when you save. So much for those 50 points of hell! In a sense for some people this DLC adds 300 points lmao

Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 AM   #11
o0EVIL0o x360a

I'm browsing as I download this DLC and yes, this DLC is worth 300 points to me like many others. I didn't bother with these as it was my second or third game played way back when I got my 360, it was a Gamefly rental. After failing on floor 40-something I decided it wasn't worth my time to go after these. Funny I got all into completion percentage months later and never went back to this. The DLC made me purchase the game to fix this and tonight I'm finally getting back to this game.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #12
botafogo007

botafogo007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
YES! The two new guards are already purchasable in the shop and once you buy either of the new guards the old achievements will be gained when you save. So much for those 50 points of hell! In a sense for some people this DLC adds 300 points lmao
Wow, I had no intentions of buying this DLC (considering it costs more than I paid for the actual game), but if the bodyguard achievements are THAT easy to get I might be tempted--at least when and if I ever get around to finishing the rest of the original game.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #13
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ohhhhh... the news about the body guard achievements is nice. I didn't find Survival mode fun at all.. so good. Maybe if I ever grab this, I can easily get those achievements!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Mercenary Mode is alright, think its an easier way to increase experience without a long battle since most fights are easy enough. You can even use your already powered up character, so I'm sweeping right through it.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #15
Karachi King

Karachi King's Gamercard
What exactly is mercenary mode? All the other stuff in the expansion is pretty self explanatory, but I haven't seen anything describing exactly what you do in mercenary mode... Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...
Karachi King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
o0EVIL0o x360a

It looks like there's a few new Musuo modes to play through which are simple as hell. There are only 2 odd achievements for playing through Mercenary Mode which I haven' tried yet. I would say about an hour or two for each musuo depending on how thorough you are with each map. So 6-12 hours roughly for Musuo modes and then whatever it takes for Mercenary mode on top of that.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
Terrin

terrin's Gamercard
mercenary mode reminds me of survival but a hell of alot easier you choose a mission and get gems and gems can be used to upgrade some skills or you can trade gems to do special events, which range from leveling your character hiring a actual story line character as a body guard or speical missions.
its pretty easy I am on hard and blazing through it but you gain levels quick just for stupid stuff in it a very quick way to level any character.

oh for anyone who already has it did you try gracie and find she is the worst character in any koei game
Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
o0EVIL0o x360a

Quote:
mercenary mode reminds me of survival but a hell of alot easier you choose a mission and get gems and gems can be used to upgrade some skills or you can trade gems to do special events, which range from leveling your character hiring a actual story line character as a body guard or speical missions.
its pretty easy I am on hard and blazing through it but you gain levels quick just for stupid stuff in it a very quick way to level any character.

oh for anyone who already has it did you try gracie and find she is the worst character in any koei game
I'm thinking of using a second controller as my leveled Yukimuru Sanada and leaving player 1 at the spawn point to avoid leveling them, so thus avoiding her entirely if she's that bad. lol
Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Terrin

terrin's Gamercard
well she has no weapon so range is terrible you have to punch and the first cinema u see she is being attacked by like 4 infantray guys to show how weak she is.

I am working on mercenary mode but can't seem to get a unifaction battle my theory is to work and constantly fight for one team. I just got to pledge alligence to a family so I hope a uni battle is not to far off
Old 04-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #20
o0EVIL0o x360a

Quote:
well she has no weapon so range is terrible you have to punch and the first cinema u see she is being attacked by like 4 infantray guys to show how weak she is.

I am working on mercenary mode but can't seem to get a unifaction battle my theory is to work and constantly fight for one team. I just got to pledge alligence to a family so I hope a uni battle is not to far off
Let us know once you figure it out and I will do so likewise. I've read you collect gems to unlock special missions so it may be one of those missions, so work with that in mind as well.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Yes, to get a uni battle you have to be loyal to one side. But that won't get you both achievements. I think for the one to be the best you have to collect the swords and maybe achieve the highest mercenary level. You get the first sword at mission 21 in the events. I bought it off a merchant for some gems. Others will require you to do special missions, so try to pay for everything in the event side and you should be good.

The Mercenary mode can last around 100 missions, so theres plenty of time, but the final battle is quite hard taking on 3 very powerful enemies from the sound of it.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #22
botafogo007

botafogo007's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, Gracia is awful. It took me over 2 hours to clear her Musou mode because it takes her years to beat down an officer in full armor (who's wielding an actual weapon) with her friggin' wrists.