PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Zoids Alternative
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
Illusived

Tips

Was suppose to for tips end up being sort of a guide.

As long if you have one of your Zoid still alive after completing a mission, the rest of your team will get experience for that battle and you will use the same teammates throughout the game. If you are about to fail a mission and its your turn, press start and withdraw from the battle. By withdrawing you keep whatever item and experience you gained in that battle. If you fail you lose those experience and any item you obtain in that battle. Most of the time my setup was 3 Machine Gunners and 2 Snipers. Heavy Armor and Stat a mix of Defensive Command/Heal Command and Offensive Power. This game is all about positions. Depending on where you place your Zoids they can counter or attack an enemy more than once. The game has 14 mission and will take about 10-15 hours to complete. You Must play through the Game a second time to receive the full 1k. You get to keep everything you obtained and your experience level on the second play through.

Complete 20% of the Mission. 50
Complete Mission 1-3

Mission 1. There are 4 enemies in front and 2 more will appear from the back. Just take them out to finish the level.

Mission 2. You start out with your team split to the right and left. There are 6 enemies in front. After taking out 4 another 3 will appear at the top.

Mission 3. This may be difficult. I believe on Mission 3 you get to use a system called EMP or thats when I actually started using it and knew what it did. What it does is it Attacks multiple enemies within range from all your Zoids up to 7 times, IF everything is perfectly setup. (might be more but I have not done more than 7 at a time) . Instead of going for cannon power it might be better to equip your Zoids with snipers and machine guns. The only Zoids that I have a cannon equip on is my Mechanic Zoids (Healer) Don't forget to Heal your Zoids. During mission 3 after defeating 3 of the enemy Zoids 4 more will appear at the top. I found it best to move to the right and take out the first 2, let them come to you and when the second wave come hopefully they take the long path around to you.

Complete 40% of the game. 75
Complete Mission 4-6

Mission 4 - After defeating 4 of the enemies Zoids on the field 6 more Zoids will appear. 4 in front and 2 in back. Just keep moving up and let the 2 at the bottom come up.

Mission 5 - Mission Six you need to take down 3 satellite within 12 turns. I found it a bit easier to send 2 sniper and a healer equip with a range cannon to the left and send the other 2 with a range cannon and a Zoid whose has the most movement per turn with a machine gun up front. Around Turn 6-8, 4 more enemy Zoid will appear at the top. This one may take some time to complete. What I did was try to take out only the enemies in the way and head straight for the satellite.

Mission 6. There are 10 enemy Zoid with range cannons. after taking out 2, 4 more will appear(2 to the bottom and 2 to the right) . After taking out 4, another 4 will appear (2 to the left and 2 to the top). Going with sniper and machine gun up close seems to be the best way for this level. Have the Defensive command skill and use that whenever you don't attack. At the start move your team to the left side of the field and hold the top and the bottom of that side.

Complete 60% of the game. 100
Complete Mission 7-9

Mission 7. You have to protect a satellite. Just sit back and wait for them to come. There will be 3 addition enemies after killing off a few. NOTE: You can Heal the Satellite if it gets damage.

Mission 8. You have to protect a satellite. There will be an addition 3 enemy Zoid in the left corner after you kill a few. Don't Advance up. Pretty much stay within the area that you start out. There are gun emplacement that does about 500 damage so be patient and let them come to you. You don't have to blow up the gun emplacement to finish the mission NOTE: You can Heal the Satellite if it gets damage.

Mission 9. You have to Protect a satellite. Just sit back and wait for them to come to you, only difference between mission 7-8 is in mission 9 they will usually just try to get to the satellite so make a blockade with your Zoids. If i remember correctly there should be 3 waves containing 6 Zoids for each wave. NOTE: You can Heal the Satellite if it gets damage.

Complete 80% of the game. 125
Complete Mission 10-12

Mission 10. This was the longest mission for me so far. My setup was to have a sniper and a healer protecting the top satellite and a sniper, healer and machine gunner to protect the lower side. I just stack myself up against the satellite and waited for them to come. Just use Defensive Command and Heal consistently. After you take down 4 another 3 will come from the top. After you take a few more another 3 will appear at the top.

Mission 11. This was actually pretty easy. You need to get pass the last artillery gun at the end of the level. There will be enemies in your way but I went with light armor and all stat boost to speed/movement. I just went straight from the start and cast Defensive Command/Heal. You have only 15 turns to reach the end.

Mission 12. At the start of the level start making your way to the left side of the field taking out all the enemies on that side. after taking out 3-4, 7 more will appear. 2 on the left where you should be and the rest in front. Stay in a bunch formation and start taking them out one by one. Try to take out their Healer first as they Heal quite often.

Complete 100% of the game. 200
Complete Mission 13-14

Mission 13. This Battle Field is narrow. The enemies pack a lot of offensive power so just move through the field slowly. The artillery does a lot of damage so try to avoid those. After killing about 3, another 3 will show up at the top left. After killing a few more 3 more will appear in the same spot. You may have to take out an artillery station if one of the enemy does not move away from its spot.

Last edited by Illusived; 04-29-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Illusived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Illusived

Mission 14. In this battle you need to kill 80% of the enemies that appears on the field. I suggest you play it safe and pick an area on the field to defend yourself. They appear on the left, top and right side. I believe 80% is about 15 enemy Zoids.

Unknown Boss 1. 100
Defeat the Unknown Boss in Mission 5.

On your Second Play Through, During Mission 2 Destroy ALL of the Containers. During Mission 5 Destroy ALL of the Containers. The Containers are the Crates with the Yellow HP Bar. MISSION-05 R-Horn lvl 20. The Boss will Appear during that Mission and you must destroy it before finishing your objective

Unknown Boss 2.150
Defeat the Unknown Boss in Mission 10

On your Second Play Through, During Mission 6 Destroy ALL of the Containers, During Mission 8 Destroy ALL of the Containers, during Mission 10 Destroy ALL of the Containers. MISSION-10 S-Tiger lvl 401 C-Wolf lvl 302
The Boss will Appear during that Mission and you must destroy it before finishing your objective

Unknown Boss 3. 200
Defeat the Unknown Boss in mission 14

On your Second Play Through, during Mission 12 Destroy ALL of the Containers, during Mission 14 Destroy ALL of the Containers. MISSION-14 S-Tiger lvl 423 R-Horn lvl 40
The Boss will Appear during that Mission and you must destroy it before finishing your objective

Thanks goes to axela1980, Galaxy28, and Final Crusader for the Unknown Achievement. NOTE: Just to be Safe You Should Destroy ALL the Containers in Mission 2, 5, 6, 8, 10 ,12, 14 On your Second Play Through

Last edited by Illusived; 04-26-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Illusived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Frankie B1

Frankie B1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Smile

Thanks for this guide, it's not often you see a good guide for a Japanese game, I was in two minds of whether to get this game but now I think I will - thanks!
Frankie B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Illusived

Thanks. I should mention that the game is in Japanese and you dont really know what the story is about but the menu is in English so its easy to navigate.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
Illusived

After playing it through a third time to get my level to at least 35, i skip doing the boss on Mission 5 and 10 and realize that you must do those boss mission to trigger the last boss on mission 14. So just a warning, it you go back and level yourself make sure that when your ready to fight the boss on mission 14 that you do all the boss mission again and break all the crates necessary to trigger the event. To save yourself some time on Mission 14 you just need to break the crate on the upper left corner so you don't have to move all the way around for the other crate to trigger the boss.