PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Bad endless setlist stories?

Today me and my friend were going to attempt to get the platinum artist achievement. Me, on drums and him on guitar. I made the mistake of giving my drum person the band leader title so now we can't go with guitar and base but I should be able to pass it.

So today we woke up early as we were playing RB last night too and we decided to play. Earlier my parents told me that we had to go to a graduation party later the next day (today) *I'm 14 so yes I live with my parents...*

Well we get up early like I said and start playing, make it up to the 25th song and were doing good, only 4 starred one song on accident and we both weren't extremely tired out or impatient. My mom comes, tells me that I have to get ready to go and he has to leave soon even after I gave her a heads up the day before and before she told me to go. So...we made it to 25, turn the game off and completely lose all progress of the endless setlist.

Right now I don't even want to look at RB, let alone try endless setlist for a while now just because of how pissed off I was. Post your stories of bad memories in the endless setlist.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Mike255

Send a message via AIM to Mike255

Lunacy182's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKingz View Post
*I'm 14 so yes I live with my parents...*
Sorry, just thought that was funny. Considering at least 90% of the people on these forums do.

Anyways, I dont really have one that bad. The worst that happened when me and my friend played is that my ass started hurting halfway through from sitting on my shitty drum throne. But luckily my friend was good enough to play expert drums so we switched for a few songs.
Mike255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
grumpiercloud

Send a message via Skype™ to grumpiercloud

Grumpiercloud's Gamercard
I think the worst thing was that I had got rock band and became fairly good at the guitar. My friend was starting to play the drums and he was fairly good as well.
So we started the endless setlist on Medium considering there were a few songs we couldnt do on even hard "Yeah I know we sucked quite a bit at the time" So we go through and play the endless setlist after like 9 hours of playing *With a few breaks inbetween*
So my friend falls off of the chair because he is exhausted from playing the drums for so long.
So as soon as we are done we get our scores and money... But. Theres one thing we forgot. After a while of playing on Hard if we go to Medium we won't get any more fans.. And thats what happened. And we just wanted to get a lot of fans from that to get more venues and such. We got none. We didn't even play rock band for about 2 months *May not be horrible but out of everything that was probably the worst thing that happened.
grumpiercloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
TooMuchCowbell

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Having about 15 songs left, our drummer had to leave so we passed about 3 songs with me and the other guitarist singing and the singer was drumming. Then we got to Cherub Rock and couldn't beat it. It was too hard for the singer to drum and neither of us could sing it. At that time we all had to leave to. Pretty pissed. Haven't attempted endless setlist after that.

TooMuchCowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thunderstorm... power went out... nuff said

aPerfektFIaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
Bodangles
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bodangles

Bodangles x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I may have it worst...yet at least.

My brother is 10, but he got to the last tier in GHIII on Expert so I strung him up on Expert bass. It's cake to Rock Band, yeah? Well up until Green Grass, song 50 for those who don't know, it was. We failed Green Grass because of him more times than I could imagine that it was his bedtime and I was forced to shut off the box so the band wasn't in debt. The wasted time doesn't exactly bother me so much as tasting Platinum Artist but not getting it.

And I know he's only 10 so what can I expect? But I mean he's got to be CLUTCH! Well I haven't tried it since, mainly because I made him cry last time and he won't give it a go...Oh well. In time, it will come.
Bodangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
OldWIKI TIK

Send a message via AIM to OldWIKI TIK Send a message via MSN to OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sounds like all you have to do is learn to sing and you will have it dangles! I do not have a bad story, I just did mine solo.
OldWIKI TIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
ILoveAztecChick

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
That is a bad story..."bad" as in "badass"!!
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
3 Expert Endless Setlist stories, though none are "bad":

My first time I beat it, I played on Vocals & my boyfriend played on Bass. We woke up early to do it and got pretty tired at song 41 so we decided to take a nap. I woke up like in a cold sweat because I dreamed that the Xbox sent us back to the dashboard so I woke him up frantically like "Ok, we need to finish this because I'm freaking out!" and he was like "Man, I just had a dream that the Xbox turned off." Pretty sad that both of us had dreams about it screwing up.

My second time, I was on drums, one of my friends was on vocals, and then 3 other guys were taking turns doing bass/guitar. For some reason, when we got to Ballroom Blitz, I really started to suck and we probably failed that song like 5 times and I couldn't figure out why I was so terrible... thankfully eventually we got through it, but I was worried.

My third time, I was on vocals, my friend was on drum, my boyfriend was on bass, and his friend was on guitar. His friend supposedly is really great at GH and was doing good at the beginning but he really sucked on Pleasure (Pleasure) and I started to worry we wouldn't make it through... so my boyfriend and him swapped, and then the guy sucked even when he was on bass and was totally dragging down all out scores... he got like 66% on Highway Star...... BASS... and he's beaten TtFaF on GH3... guess he just got fatigued and couldn't handle playing for that long? We stupidly started at like 10:45pm though so maybe that was a problem.

I plan on playing the Endess Setlist at least one more time, on bass or guitar, because my older sister asked me to help her get Platinum artist so she'll sing and I'll do bass/guitar.

Yeah, don't know why I end up keep doing it, but I love Rock Band so I think it's fun. And plus now I have Platinum Artists on all my instruments (my first time my boyfriend and I had to be signed in as each other because my guitarist was my leader so she got platinum then, my 2nd time my drummer become platinum, and my 3rd time my vocalist got platinum).
Old 06-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
fuzzai

Spiffey's Gamercard
Made it to GGHT found out my bassist couldn't play that song on expert.
went trough what, 50 songs before hitting that.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
fuzzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Wooh, those stories sound bad. Is there anyway I can change the band leader w/o making a new band? I accidentally made my drummer the leader but I want my guitarist to be it, since I like him better and want him on the platinum plus it would be easier for a G/B insead of Drums and Guitar.

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #12
Th3 Apache Dog

Th3 Apache Dog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ummm, we got to GG&HT, and my bassist failed it twice b4 we moved on to finish it.I don't really have any bad stories, it was pretty straight forward.

My most proud completions are Super Street Fighter 4 (1600/1600) and Guitar Hero 3.
Th3 Apache Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
m0destleader

m0destleader's Gamercard
ha me and a friend was playing this we started 1 in the morning and we had ended and completed it at about 7 that morning. that was nonstop playing it was crazy.but yay i have it.
oh and we were both on guitar and bass so that was a little more easy
m0destleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
jayhawker19

jayhawker19's Gamercard
We got like, 10 people, and we were going along, doing fine, got through like 23 songs, and then all of a sudden the screen goes black, and then goes to the dashboard. We were all in disbelief. I'm pretty sure that the disc tray somehow opened...
jayhawker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #15
Poisonheadcrab

Poisonheadcrab's Gamercard
Quote:
Wooh, those stories sound bad. Is there anyway I can change the band leader w/o making a new band? I accidentally made my drummer the leader but I want my guitarist to be it, since I like him better and want him on the platinum plus it would be easier for a G/B insead of Drums and Guitar.
I've tried that myself; you canNOT change the band leader, sorry :/
Poisonheadcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #16
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonheadcrab View Post
I've tried that myself; you canNOT change the band leader, sorry :/
Yeah it sucks. I'm drums and I'm the leader of my band. I'm not BAD but I haven't beaten the Expert career yet.

Plus I don't have people who I can play through the Endless Setlist with anyway...and about only 2 people I know can play alright on Expert guitar.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #17
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Alright, I've beaten the drums on Expert but I struggled a little bit so after I start getting tired these songs could get really challenging and tiring.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:23 AM   #18
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
did it on Medium with a Buddy of mine and my Cuzin, my buddy cant play on Expert and he had abit of a hard time on hard, my cuzin could not play any higher then medium Voices, thats fine, Took us about 13 hours to do the endless setlist (Took a nice long break at like 36 or something like that), just wish i had someone around here so i can do the expert lol

Thanks OldWIKI TIK For the Sigs
Dla911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
ILoveAztecChick

Just finished doing this with a friend. Didn't think I'd have anything to add to this thread, but about 3/4 of the way through my whammy bar went limp and I had to finish the rest of the songs gripping it between my index and middle fingers.

And 1 million fans for 5-starring 58 songs? Seriously? That's just not right.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #20
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAztecChick View Post
Just finished doing this with a friend. Didn't think I'd have anything to add to this thread, but about 3/4 of the way through my whammy bar went limp and I had to finish the rest of the songs gripping it between my index and middle fingers.

And 1 million fans for 5-starring 58 songs? Seriously? That's just not right.
If your whammy bar went limp, why didn't you just let it hang down?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #21
ILoveAztecChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
If your whammy bar went limp, why didn't you just let it hang down?
Okay I'm going to assume this is a serious question and not...lol

If the whammy bar is limp, then to whammy it for overdrive you have to manually move it up and down because it doesn't spring back, which is why I was holding it.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:04 AM   #22
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
still sounded dirty after i read the last 2 posts, LOL

Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #23
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAztecChick View Post
Okay I'm going to assume this is a serious question and not...lol

If the whammy bar is limp, then to whammy it for overdrive you have to manually move it up and down because it doesn't spring back, which is why I was holding it.
Haha, ok usually I have a dirty mind but I wasn't at all trying to be dirty with that question and now looking back I have to laugh.
What I was saying though is that I would kind of just be like "Screw overdrive!" because I feel like holding it up would take more effort and screw me up more than if had to skip out on whammying for overdrive. I'm impressed that you could play having to hold it the whole time.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #24
jediknights

Magic Juanson's Gamercard
Quote:
Today me and my friend were going to attempt to get the platinum artist achievement. Me, on drums and him on guitar. I made the mistake of giving my drum person the band leader title so now we can't go with guitar and base but I should be able to pass it.

So today we woke up early as we were playing RB last night too and we decided to play. Earlier my parents told me that we had to go to a graduation party later the next day (today) *I'm 14 so yes I live with my parents...*

Well we get up early like I said and start playing, make it up to the 25th song and were doing good, only 4 starred one song on accident and we both weren't extremely tired out or impatient. My mom comes, tells me that I have to get ready to go and he has to leave soon even after I gave her a heads up the day before and before she told me to go. So...we made it to 25, turn the game off and completely lose all progress of the endless setlist.

Right now I don't even want to look at RB, let alone try endless setlist for a while now just because of how pissed off I was. Post your stories of bad memories in the endless setlist.
Wtf! You're 14?!?! You sounded way older on xbl when I had a chat with you , I'm motorbreathh btw..

My most frustrating moment is band world tour since my brother can't do well on hard mode we can't pass or do some achievements.
jediknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #25
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha, ok usually I have a dirty mind but I wasn't at all trying to be dirty with that question and now looking back I have to laugh.

We all have a drity mind, :P, But its good comedy to the Rockband Forums :P

Old 07-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #26
b3njaques

B3NJAQU3S's Gamercard
endless setlist

can you not pause during this?
b3njaques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #27
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3njaques View Post
can you not pause during this?
Yeah, you can pause and take breaks any time, but you can only pause once a song begins and not during the score / loading screens between them.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #28
ILoveAztecChick

Quote:
What I was saying though is that I would kind of just be like "Screw overdrive!" because I feel like holding it up would take more effort and screw me up more than if had to skip out on whammying for overdrive. I'm impressed that you could play having to hold it the whole time.
Me and my friend were going for all 5-stars, and I also had to save him a couple of times, so I couldn't let the overdrive go to waste.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #29
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknights View Post
Wtf! You're 14?!?! You sounded way older on xbl when I had a chat with you , I'm motorbreathh btw..

My most frustrating moment is band world tour since my brother can't do well on hard mode we can't pass or do some achievements.
Haha, hey motorbreathh. Ya I get that occasionally =P But ya, I was gonna have my friend come over again to try this out but what do you know, he's gone to florida for a week.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #30
XlTwistedFatelx

Send a message via MSN to XlTwistedFatelx

iTwistedFate's Gamercard
ummmmm, my worst story is that none of my friends can help play on expert
Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare, CSI: Hard Evidence, Dash Of Destruction (200), Fable II, Gears Of War(1250), Gears Of War 2, Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Gun, Halo 3, Madden NFL 06, MLB 2K6, TES Oblivion (No DLC)

XlTwistedFatelx is offline   Reply With Quote