Games they Killed

Mr DDT

I also hae to say Spyro. First three Spyro were amazing. They definitely went down after Insomnaic (sp?) Games left but I still played and enjoyed them, but not nearly as much. The reboot definitely killed it- completely changed everything. I wish they went back to making good Spyro games.

Yes, they definately ruined spyro. The ps1 games were good, even a hero's tail and the dragonfly one on the ps2 were good. But once they brought out the ones with the fighting and combo moves it definately ruined it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout - I can see a lot of people saying this one. Personally I did really, really like Fallout 3 but it's entirely different to the first ones. Fallout 3 was a first person RPG whilst the others were all point and click and a little more strategic if I'm not mistaken. (I've got them somewhere but I've not played them in ages).

I can't agree with you there. I would have thought if anything, that Fallout 3 gave new life to the franchise and brought in a whole new fan-base and audience to the series.

I'd personally have to say Metal Gear Solid. First 2 were incredible and 3 was great but the story just went apes**t. Vampires, a fat bloke on rollerblades, all those 'THE' bosses, a million-year-old sniper, a dude who punches lightning whose totally gay for Raiden. Really Konami? Really Hideo? There's too many stupid things to mention.

There are a lot of murders in gaming, but for times sake I will only list the biggest murders, and let's start with the worst manslaughter ever.

Fatal Frame 4

You have respected and sucsesfull franchise so what should you do? Well not release the next game for Wii and only in Japan when everyone is waiting for it. Who thought that it would be a good idea?

Call of Duty/Medal of Honour

You have almost ok franchise that could be a good franchise with few improvements, so naturally you should start to take advices from Michael Bay.

Gears of War

Ok this was on the edge of being dead before release, but this did sound somewhat cool when I first heard of it. Then they made the game childish machofantasy without any logic, or story (Those are for wussies.) and thought that it was smart move. Sadly they made the game so gory that it's target audience couldn't buy it.

Battlefield: Bad Company

Great MP, and very funny SP, so naturally you hire Michael Bay as consultant, and remove most of the funny stuff from the game. Hopefully they wont mess with the MP on BC3.

Metal Gear Solid

Again good franchise, and a very respected game, so of course it is a wise decission to make the newest game a complete fanwank, and scare everyone who isn't a big fan of the series away.

Edited by Unterofficer

I no these games aren't exactly GOTY qualifiers but I enjoyed them so feel they have to be added

Dragonball Z Franchise

Ever since they debuted on the next gen consoles I cant help but think they lack content e.g. character roster, the Story being cut short & compared to the PS2 games the combat just feels a bit of.

Def Jam Francise

I'm not even a fan of Rap/Hip Hop but that doesn't change the fact that both Def Jam Vendetta & New York were great games, now compare those to Icon & we have a masterpiece of SHIT!

Soul Calibur Franchise

Ironically enough I have just 1kd Soul Calibur 4 & for most of the time the game felt nothing but dry to me, compared to 2 & 3 I felt dissapointed in 4

Dynasty Warriors Franchise

Now I'm a huge fan of this franchise but ever since DW 6 came out it was meant to be an improvement but the only improvement I saw was graphics! other than that they unnecessarily removed characters, supposedly revamped the combat system (into something crappy might I add) & icing on the cake, out of 41 character only 17 get story modes! what happened to the innovative??

2 Good examples of worst remakes ever...

Bomberman underground : only picked it up because i wanted to see how they wanted to "beef up" bomberman, and thought it was gonna be fun. Ended up with trying to go trough 99 repetitive levels and had to start from scratch when dying. Though the arcade version is sweet. brought back alot of memories from when playing bomberman on SNES.

Supcom : Wich was going to be a remake of Total annihilition, Wich i enjoyed back in the days. And ended up with a game i can't really call a game, more like a Virus for my Xbox. Haven't tried it on pc tho, i hear its alot better on pc.

The Timesplitters series.

Timesplitters 2 was my fave fps at the time, and then EA stepped in for Timesplitters 3.... well that was shocking, everything already unlocked and lacking in the personality that made the series great and different. I remember unlocking all the characters was like a badge of honour in TS2 and it was all done for you on 3, where's the fun in that?

I love Guitar Hero, but yah....it's boned there's no place else for them to go but getting decent DLC for GH5 and BH. Van Halen was pathetic, came free with GH5 pre-ordered...and wasn't worth the price I didn't pay. Stupid Activision.

Halo is far from dead for the time being. Reach will be the last awesome hurrah before 343 takes Bungie's baby away from them. Bungie's pouring their soul's into that one. 343 won't be able to match it, then Halo will come to an end.

COD: RIP in a shared grave with Infinity Ward. Stupid Activision again.

Mario anything: really really sick of him. Really.

Lego: YES! After grinding away to get 100% on SW:CS I never want to see another LEGO game...until my gf buys the harry potter one...sigh.

Edited by Opiate42

Halo! ... once the best xbox game series ... now the worst games of all time!

This is what pisses me off....how is halo "the worst game of all time", what did it do to deserve that title? Do you absolutely suck at halo 3 and have to find a way to make it look like its just the game? Honestly, if halo 3 was released without any of the prequels im sure it would do awesome. How many other games out there even have a forge mode? Halo is freaking awesome!

Turok-Thought it was going to be good

Tomb Raider-Used to watch my dad play all the old ones when i was like 10, not fun anymore....

left 4 dead 2-Its very fun and i play it but i feel as if they shoulda made a whole new game.

Unreal Tournament 3- I know its a pc game also but if they would of just gave it some better graphics and maybe some sort of story (dont ask me) it could be a very competetive game (for consoles)

Tony hawk series- Same stuff, different places

Games i have to give credit to:

Darkness- Played through it recently and the level of detail is pretty amazing for its age.

Rainbow 6 series- Honestly every game they come out with seems to be a bit better than the last.

And sorry if i didn't really talk about a series or genre that was ruined but this has been on my mind for a while.

And by the way, im still waiting for a new star wars battlefront!

I actually really enjoyed the Tomb raider games on the 360 though I agree the later PS1 games and less said about Angel of Darkness the better.

Turok went downhill and though I never played it I'm pretty sure whatever they did to Toejam and Earl when they brought it out for the Xbox killed that old favourite off.