Assassin in white?

DarqStalker

I know nothing yet of the story line or hardly anything about this game, apart from the few trailers I have seen.

My question is, why is he in white? I mean, he is an assassin, I assume he would try to not be seen so easily as well. Most assassin type games, the main character is dark or in a black outfit. Is there some significance to this guy being clothed fully in white?

Also, seeing as he is killing lots of ppl, that white outfit would become pretty bloody, pretty quickly. None of the trailers I've seen show a spot of blood on him. Or, is he just THAT efficient?

We dont know if he is in white all the way through the game yet or not- all the trailers could be from one particular mission remember. And at the end of the trailer he disapears amongst a load of other guys wearing white.... it could all be that.

Im sure it will be revealed to be something to do with the history of the Assassins or something to do with Altair himself.

• 4 weeks later...

The main characters name, Altair, is Arabic for either "The Flyer" or "The Bird". I think the Eagle thing comes from something Jade Raymond has said, that when in the air Altair's shadow resembles that of an Eagle.

Also, taken from the wiki article;

Altair (meaning "The Flying One" in Arabic) is a star in the Northern Sky in the constellation of Aquilla ("eagle" in Latin)

As for the white robes, I couldn't tell you what the significance is. To represent the Assassin's holy cause perhaps? The cool factor? I really don't know.

Just a heads up, based on the comic the Assassin's name is Altair Ibn-La'Ahad.

Altair means the bird, most likely referring to the Arabian eagle or some other noble bird.

Ibn, the Arabian way of saying "Son Of".

La'Ahad is the Arabic phrase for "Nobody".

So there we have it. The mystery of this name should be cleared up in this corner of the Internet.

Not quite sure about it but I think that's what people in the Hashashin(or however it's actually written)wore or something. Also, according to the trailers, you ain't gonna be in the dark much, so what good is a black uniform when there's daylight all the time, it would actually make you even more visible. Just my thoughts.

Wa u b dissun my home b f3r?

j/k. It's pretty simple really, he wears white right? blood stains white and so dust and pretty much every thing else. So he bleaches his suite every time theres a blank screen.

Also if he wore black and used a samurai sword, it wouldn't really fit in with Arab setting.

He wears white as the rest have stated that alot of others wear white garments with a red stripe/cross. Those people would either be the guards or the 'kings' priests, (can't remember properly but know one of them wore it, as it is in quite a few medievil films about camelot) as they wore a white overaul with a big red cross. Remember this is based in the third crusade, and the kings men and people wore white with a red cross to show their loyalty.

We dont know if he is in white all the way through the game yet or not- all the trailers could be from one particular mission remember. And at the end of the trailer he disapears amongst a load of other guys wearing white.... it could all be that.

I heard the Game has more to do with Socal Steath then Shadow Stealth too,hood up face down,walk with the crowd

As it has been said on one of the game previews I watched, they have based the outfit on the outfit that was wore by an original band of assassins, they same band of assassins which the word assassin was named on. Not sure if it was white then or not. Watched so many game clips im not sure which one it was now

Yeah the band you're talking about is the Hashashin guild, or something like that. It's a religious Muslim sect, which would kind of explain the outfit.