Defender, Shivering Isles - NOT unlocking

VisitorQ

I am almost in tears. I have been loving my revisit to Oblivion, this time on the JP version.

I haven't been looking at guides and knowing when achivements should unlock. Although maybe I should have. Because now I am sitting here.

Completed everything and the second to last achievement not unlocked.

I can't get the Defender, Shivering Isles to unlock. I have tried replaying the mission to save the Commander, but nothing.. I can't believe it is glitched on me. Does anyone have any sort of input. EVERYTHING is appreciated.

When is the achievement supposed to unlock exactly? When talking to Sheogorath after freeing the commander? Or after the staff is build but still incomplete?

I hate this.. :(

Thanks

Edited by VisitorQ
More info added

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you can unlock it by starting a new character or maybe by reloading an old save if you have one available. There is a glitch in the JP version. I was fortunate to see this solution before I finished the quest. . This is posted on TA's solution by PieCarrot jawp:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid bug that can't be unlocked after clearing "The Helpless Army", you should make "Dementia-Side Choice" at several point in "Shivering Isles" storyline:

1. In "Baiting the Trap", select "Gnarl Swarm", "Fire Trap" and "Raise the Dead".

2. On finishing "The Cold Flame of Agnon", light "The Flame for Dementia".

3. In "Ritual of Accession", make your progress to "Ritual of Dementia". Making your save before choice is best to unlocking "Duke Mania", because it and "Duke Dementia" are selective.

More detail for Step 3:

A: After completing "The Cold Flame of Agnon", make your save to back up your progress.

B: To unlock "Duke Mania", make progress for "Ritual of Accession" with "Ritual of Mania".

C: After unlocking "Duke Mania", track back your progress with before "Ritual of Accession" with save created during step A.

D: Make progress for "Ritual of Accession" with "Ritual of Dementia", and make afterward progress.

---------------------------------------------------------------

• 7 months later...
I don't know if you can unlock it by starting a new character or maybe by reloading an old save if you have one available. There is a glitch in the JP version. I was fortunate to see this solution before I finished the quest. . This is posted on TA's solution by PieCarrot jawp:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid bug that can't be unlocked after clearing "The Helpless Army", you should make "Dementia-Side Choice" at several point in "Shivering Isles" storyline:

1. In "Baiting the Trap", select "Gnarl Swarm", "Fire Trap" and "Raise the Dead".

2. On finishing "The Cold Flame of Agnon", light "The Flame for Dementia".

3. In "Ritual of Accession", make your progress to "Ritual of Dementia". Making your save before choice is best to unlocking "Duke Mania", because it and "Duke Dementia" are selective.

More detail for Step 3:

A: After completing "The Cold Flame of Agnon", make your save to back up your progress.

B: To unlock "Duke Mania", make progress for "Ritual of Accession" with "Ritual of Mania".

C: After unlocking "Duke Mania", track back your progress with before "Ritual of Accession" with save created during step A.

D: Make progress for "Ritual of Accession" with "Ritual of Dementia", and make afterward progress.

---------------------------------------------------------------

i got the same problem.:mad:

i will try this and see if it works out for me.

• 7 months later...