Golden star?

Beowulf357

It has to be the squad leader, because its always the one who stands in front of the others in the deployment screen. I kept an eye on it for 5 Operations now and i'm 90% sure about it...

Don't know if you get a bonus, though. Maybe the squad leader needs a high Will to encourage the others...could be possible, but i have no idea....

Even if there is something like that...'The Boss' will always be my squad leader...She is with us since the third or so mission. She even survived Operation Enduring Heart and Dying Sleep which took seven of my most experienced squad members (Enduring Heart even after several reloads...Just too many Zombies...just too many...);)

But it would be really cool if you need to keep an eye on who you make your squad leader...

It has to be the squad leader, because its always the one who stands in front of the others in the deployment screen. I kept an eye on it for 5 Operations now and i'm 90% sure about it...

Don't know if you get a bonus, though. Maybe the squad leader needs a high Will to encourage the others...could be possible, but i have no idea....

Even if there is something like that...'The Boss' will always be my squad leader...She is with us since the third or so mission. She even survived Operation Enduring Heart and Dying Sleep which took seven of my most experienced squad members (Enduring Heart even after several reloads...Just too many Zombies...just too many...);)

But it would be really cool if you need to keep an eye on who you make your squad leader...

Its the one guy you really dont want dying as it means mass panic amongst the other troops! For my second playthrough I will be looking at will a lot more then i did this time. Going to have a massive impact on ironman when i start loosing soliders and they freak out! pussies lol

For that exact reason, I almost always make my Squad Leader a Squadsighted Sniper, hanging way back outta harms way. Also helps that said sniper tends to gain ranks faster than anyone else.

Logically, having your Squad Leader be a higher rank should confer SOME sort of benefit, but I haven't actually noticed any... >_>

One thing I know for certain is that that soldier always gets his/her turn first.

The golden star goes to the highest ranking soldier in your squad; he is your squad commander. Not sure what the bonus is (if any), but those who spoke about panick may be correct. Damn if I know how the game choses the squad leader if there are more than one highest ranking soldiers. Once I took 6 Colonels on a mission, the leader appeared to be the one in the middle front row (the 3rd from the right in the squad selection screen).

The soldier that always goes first on the turn, is the one closest to you in the squad selection screen (the 3rd from the left).