Use the Force, Luke Achievement

Has anyone gotten this? I've played through the 1st level twice now and I've definitely only used force powers but still no achievement. Tried in on the Gorog level too and aside from being forced to use the lightsabers in the QTE, I only used the force power as well.

Maybe the first level doesn't count? I'm not sure what other level it can be done in, unless there's a trick to killing the sith initiates with the force powers that I'm unaware of.

Figured it out, this can be done on the second level. Sith Acolytes (red dudes) can be grappled with Y + B which only uses force push then when they are on the ground they can be force gripped and thrown. I only used saber throw when indicated and it popped after defending the tram.

Hardest part is at the end with the final cryo droid and 2 sith acolytes. I killed the previous cryo droid without using QTE just in case by using charged force push and throwing stuff at it, then for the final one i used force fury and blasted everything.

I did it on the first level no problem... You dont need to swing the lightsaber when it prompts you to in the "tutorial" section and dont use the button mashing to kill the mechs, as this uses a lightsaber.

Did all that three times with no luck, but even using sabre throw on level two works so i'd say thats easier.

I did it on the first level no problem... You dont need to swing the lightsaber when it prompts you to in the "tutorial" section and dont use the button mashing to kill the mechs, as this uses a lightsaber.

I can't kill the cryo droids in that level with out using the sequence kill. How did you kill them?

I can't kill the cryo droids in that level with out using the sequence kill. How did you kill them?

try force repulse it works wonders, i did the first kamino level and i can confirm that you can grab their shield and throw it at them then force repulse

for everything else i used force push... you CANNOT hit x once.

also don't use saber attacks in the tutorial just keep repulsing

Edited by h4mm32
tutorial addition

yeah i did level 1 too. just ignore all the on screen prompts and use only force lightning and push. for the cyro droid you can grip his shield and toss it back at him and you can then also use Force Fury to continually pump lightning into him. Force Fury also works on the robots at the end.

If you are really have problems, play on easy and change your lightsaber crystals to "Focus" and "Fury" to refill both meters faster.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i did level 1 too. just ignore all the on screen prompts and use only force lightning and push. for the cyro droid you can grip his shield and toss it back at him and you can then also use Force Fury to continually pump lightning into him. Force Fury also works on the robots at the end.

If you are really have problems, play on easy and change your lightsaber crystals to "Focus" and "Fury" to refill both meters faster.

For those saying you can just use for lightning to kill the wardroids...umm...no. I've been doing that for last half hour. It will not die. Unless my game glitched, I can only kill it by button sequence. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. And I don't have Force Repulse yet, so I'm assuming I have to keep playing in order to get that power...meaning, I have to play through the level again.

Right?

For those saying you can just use for lightning to kill the wardroids...umm...no. I've been doing that for last half hour. It will not die. Unless my game glitched, I can only kill it by button sequence. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. And I don't have Force Repulse yet, so I'm assuming I have to keep playing in order to get that power...meaning, I have to play through the level again.

Right?

They'll succumb to Lightning; but without rank three powers and the right crystals, it takes forever.

If you are intent on doing that on the first level and dont really want to wait too long on the shield guys just have your force meter charged up when you reach the first. Push both the analog stick downs and one shot of lightning. He dies really quick. Quickly push the analog sticks back down so you don't drain your force too much. It will be built back up by the time you get to next one. Wear him down til the on screen prompt comes on. Push both the analog sticks in and then fry him with a shot of lightning. He will fall quickly. That is the way that I did that cheevo.

This is entirely possible on Kamino... I missed it the first two times on Kamino sure that I didn't use sabers.... What happened though is that I accidentally hit left trigger which caused my saber to parry when attackers were meleeing... I highly encourage you to try Kamino one more time and be sure not only to lay off the x button ... but be very sparse on how you use the Left Trigger... Good luck

I also had trouble with unlocking this achievement. After playing the first level over and over, here is how unlocked it finally:

I played Level 1 on Beginner (all my stats are maxed out and Force Fury can be used)

Right at the beginning ignore the text on the screen and defeat the guys by only using the B or Y button.

After starkiller jumps out of the window continue the level by killing the troopers only using the B or Y button until you reach the first cryo droids.

At this time your Force Fury bar should be full. Activate it and rip the cyro droids shield off by pressing the B button. When the shield is gone press LS and RS again to save your Force Fury. Finish him with your lightning strike. Do not kill him with the QTE !

Continue the level till you reach the second cyro droid (at this time my Force Fury bar wasn't full so i jumped over the ledge, killed myself, replayed a part of the level and when i reached the second cyro droid for the second time my bar was full). Destroy him like you killed the first one.

Continue till you get to big two robots at the end of the level. At this time you have to activate your Force Fury. Kill them only using the B button (thats what i did)

Finish the level -> Achievement unlocked !!!

All i can say is that i never touched the X button, the LT (except that time you have to do the mind trick to the trooper) and RT (except this time you have to destroy the consoles deactivate the blue shields or where you have to throw the tie fighters at the giant tower)

Hope this helps

I also had trouble with unlocking this achievement. After playing the first level over and over, here is how unlocked it finally:

I played Level 1 on Beginner (all my stats are maxed out and Force Fury can be used)

Right at the beginning ignore the text on the screen and defeat the guys by only using the B or Y button.

After starkiller jumps out of the window continue the level by killing the troopers only using the B or Y button until you reach the first cryo droids.

At this time your Force Fury bar should be full. Activate it and rip the cyro droids shield off by pressing the B button. When the shield is gone press LS and RS again to save your Force Fury. Finish him with your lightning strike. Do not kill him with the QTE !

Continue the level till you reach the second cyro droid (at this time my Force Fury bar wasn't full so i jumped over the ledge, killed myself, replayed a part of the level and when i reached the second cyro droid for the second time my bar was full). Destroy him like you killed the first one.

Continue till you get to big two robots at the end of the level. At this time you have to activate your Force Fury. Kill them only using the B button (thats what i did)

Finish the level -> Achievement unlocked !!!

All i can say is that i never touched the X button, the LT (except that time you have to do the mind trick to the trooper) and RT (except this time you have to destroy the consoles deactivate the blue shields or where you have to throw the tie fighters at the giant tower)

Hope this helps

I can confirm that this guide works. It is the same way that I got the achievement tonight.

I didnt get it the first time on Kamino cause of an acidental block when doing the mind trick. Did it just now, used nothing but force push for the whole level :p

one the button sequence begins on the warriord droids all you gotta do is two charged force push bursts (hold B then release) and they die easy, i had troubles killing them using lightning

I got it this morning with no trouble. I even did the attack to the cryo droid. I think most people were hitting X during the tutorial. I used force push for that whole section.

I never hit X during the tutorial and even avoiding blocking and saber throw, and didn't get the achievement until I stopped ripping the cryo droid's shield.

Varies from player to player, apparently.

I think I figured out why so many people cant get it on the first level. Its because when you first start in the "tutorial" section you start with your sabers out and you get shot at almost immediately. Maybe reflecting shots back counts as using them.

If it does, that's a pain. I tried level 1 with no luck. I did the level/fight with the Gorog and got it with ease that way.