Xbox Live Starts Banning Modded Consoles

prophet530

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i got banned i was trying to connect it from 9 hours every thing was ok but Xbox live (failed) i got status error 8015 - 190d means banned , i dont know what to do now, should i go for the other console? can i keep my current hard disk? or do i have to change it as well???

i can not afford a new console Right now but, i have to do something ,

and microsoft Dind did ANY THING WITH GAMESAVERS BUT US , he screwed us , ALL . . . man i hate it,,, i just hate this freak ,

any way what to do now? can i use my current hard disk on new console?

and hey guys listen DONT DOWNLOAD ANY SINGLE THING i was playing fine , i just downloaded a theme and Got banned ,

ppl are so damn angry , mircosoft is gona lose his customers more than 50% i am sure about it,

plz reply soon

I feel sorry for you guys. It would be really easy for me along with the majority of gamers who have unmodded consoles to take the moral highground and say - you got what was coming to ya.

But i can't do that, we all do illegal things at some point, and sometimes people have to face up to the consequences. I dont really understand what people mean by modding their console - does it mean it is like chipped? And you can buy cheap games? Cos if thats the case its as bad as gamesaving!

KindCandy....... from what i've been understanding is that your hard-drive is still perfectly fine, it's your console itself thats banned....... just get a new core unit when you can (sucks, i know) and you'll be back online with all your data still intact.

wow...... i can't say i disagree with this considering i don't mod but this seems just a little extreme compared to how they treat gamesave cheaters...... unless they figure all modders are gamesavers and this was a 1,2 punch to fix that issue........ sucks guys, hope you can get right soon

okay iits good then if ma hard disk is fine, my profile my gamertag is safe Thank God , but what they did was a Bad idea and a Big mistake, it should happen with Gamesavers and yes these are completely Two Diffrent Things my console was not chiped but ppl use firmware to run copy games worth Rs 10$ . any way thanks Thill n extrem . lets see , ....

i am soooo Upset

c ya guys

I'm 100% sure that the way they were banning original xboxes was: Microsoft would send a data packet to your xbox that would check the BIOS and see if it had been altered. If the BIOS (motherboard chip) had been changed in any way, that console would be permanently banned. It had nothing to do with using burned games. I would assume that Microsoft is doing the same thing to the Xbox 360s.

(It's about changing data in the BIOS, not physically doing anything to the BIOS.)

what they have done is the first of many steps to making our experiences on live fully enjoyable without some douche pulling exploits out his ass to acculminate 130,000+ gamerscores without doing anything except loading someone else's gamesave.Thankyou MS, now get to banning the top 10 to show us there pitiful real scores.:woop:

Dumpwell - I believe you misunderstand fella. These are not "modders" in the cheating in an online game or gamesaving sense. They are people who have modified their 360 so they can play pre release/burned games.

No, i understand perfectly. Thats why I said its the first in many steps there taking to make it a fair play ground across the board. I just hope there going after the gamesavers next.

CAn some one has been banned pls put there hard drive on a different console to double check we are actually allowed to do this, i know this whole thread says you can but i just wanna be sure before i buy a new one.

Cheers boys

yes buy a core and slap your harddrive on it then go online. just dont mod that core or tweak it and you wont get it banned.

I'm 100% sure that the way they were banning original xboxes was: Microsoft would send a data packet to your xbox that would check the BIOS and see if it had been altered. If the BIOS (motherboard chip) had been changed in any way, that console would be permanently banned. It had nothing to do with using burned games. I would assume that Microsoft is doing the same thing to the Xbox 360s.

(It's about changing data in the BIOS, not physically doing anything to the BIOS.)

360s dont havea bios like the orignal xbox they have a special key on the console and are now trying to put them in ames to stop modders and hackers

Well, confession time, me too...

I have 2 360's, one modded, one not. I am currently online with my clean core system and original HD, all is well. The other one hasn't been banned, but it's as good as. I make no excuses, I'm actually surprised we got away with it for so long. Just means there will be plenty of "aquired" achievements on my card from now on.

Firstly i am not going to put any detail on this site from now on, but i have had a lot of interest from people asking questions, some with PM's, some with xbox messages and some on email. I have ran out of gold and cannot message people back on xbox live so please pm me or add my email.

Thank you.

The reason i said this modding is as bad as gamesaving is, even though you still have to work for the points, you are getting games for a tiny fraction of the price that the unmodding people buy them for. Therefore, you can afford to get many more games and therefore many more achievement points, it may be not as easy as gamesaving, but still as unfair on the people with unmodded consoles.

So you could say the same about people that have rental memberships and get 4 games out at a time,

and send them back as soon as they have completed them,

sometimes sending 2 games back within a few hours of getting them,

as thats unfair compared to people that buy 1 game every 2 months.