too many kids

save_penguins

i've been trying to get my world traveler achievement by hopping into one or two multiplayer game, building a tower then leaving. i go back to my game and invite people i just played with. they usually join, build a tower, and go but lately all i've been running into are kids who don't know how to play. i've had to walk a few through building me a banner tower then they want to hang around and chit-chat and keep sending me friend requests. it's really starting to get annoying. btw, not looking to boost; i just want to vent

Completely understand. I had one guy last night who kept trying to arrange things into the shape of a swastika. Needless to say, I was not impressed and kicked him out, 5 times.

All I'm after is nice people to build about 3 more towers and then I am never playing it multiplayer again - too much hassle from people who can't grow up.

• 3 weeks later...
Completely understand. I had one guy last night who kept trying to arrange things into the shape of a swastika. Needless to say, I was not impressed and kicked him out, 5 times.

Haha, wow, that's actually pretty funny.

And I do remember the pain of trying to get the 10 banner towers, it can be stressful. I would run into an intelligent individual who would come in, say what's up, ask where he could build a tower, build it, set it next to the rest of them, we might talk for another minute or so, then he would leave. Usually I would go to a person like this' town and build one to return the favor. Then you have the kids who's parents are all "Oh what a happy game, it's like Civilization, without all of that needless violence. Here you go Johnny, this is a good game for you." Then they join your game and get all buddy buddy, they don't know what a tower is, they start building crap you already have or don't need, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I know. Luckily, I joined a game with enough towers and kids that fortunately knew how to play and I got "World Traveler" BEFORE "Friend"...it took me forever to get Friend because this one kid walked into my game and wrecked all my towers, and I needed just one more...

• 2 months later...

First 2 I seen must have been kids, they were chatting away, then seen my girl avatar came in then left straight away.. :S (at least I think that was the reason) I hope it isn't too hard for me to boost this game.

I know. Luckily, I joined a game with enough towers and kids that fortunately knew how to play and I got "World Traveler" BEFORE "Friend"...it took me forever to get Friend because this one kid walked into my game and wrecked all my towers, and I needed just one more...

I would have freaked out and put down a number of swear language down the mic if that was me.

First 2 I seen must have been kids, they were chatting away, then seen my girl avatar came in then left straight away.. :S (at least I think that was the reason) I hope it isn't too hard for me to boost this game.

Dude, I can help you out. I also need the friend achievement, after a kid destroyed all my towers. If you are still interested, send me a msg. GT: DiegoCaldo

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, there's a lot of annoying people that play this game. It's such a shame because it's a great game. I had a game running all day so I could get World Traveler and I would see people log in just to grief basically. Even saw someone just take one of every item and put it in the corner of the map.

It's amazing how much time people have on their hands to mess with people sometimes. :(