Any tips for level 6?

McDurbin

I was surprised that there were no walk throughs on youtube for this game but I'm playing on hard and keep dying on level 6. I'm at the part where you help the guys down the path then have to fight your way down to destroy the jammer.

I can get past that part, its after you destroy the jammer when the two brutes and the red bombs come down at you at the same time. The ship doesn't get into position quick enough so I can call it in as they're coming down the hill. So I either die by getting mauled by the two brutes at the same time or I'll run into the bomb while trying to get away from the brutes. It'd be nice if there were a checkpoint after blowing up the jammer so I wouldn't have to do the whole section over!

Edit: I finally got past it. For anyone else that is struggling in this area, do this.

I took a picture of the computer screen when it showed the position of where I needed to move my ship so it could support me, then next time I tried this area I had my ship move there while I was fighting my way down so it'd be there when I needed it.

Once I destroyed the jammer I ran to the top of the hill and called an artillery strike on the spot where the ship was dropping off the enemies and it took out some of the regulars guys and one of the thugs. So I was easily able to kill the one thug coming down the hill and the red bombs following behind him. Hope this helps!

Edited by McDurbin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just make sure you have a shot gun in hand and circle them when they're chasing after you. The shotgun works great against the thugs and they have to be in melee range to damage you so as long as you have room to back up you'll be fine.

^This, the shotgun. It's the only weapon that stops a thug when he's charging you at close range.

• 7 months later...