Ashes to Ashes glitch?

Lorelock

I haven't really found a fix for this one yet. Ashes to Ashes just won't unlock for me and Ive heard the same complaint from a handful of other people. No matter what weapons I use, or how many times I use them - this achievement wont unlock! Its really frustrating and itll be even more frustrating if this achievement keeps me from a completion. I've made sure Ive always tried on Castle maps, Ive tried Slayer, Fiesta, etc. If anyone has had this problem and found a fix. Please let me know!

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

I've tried it as well, three times each time with new people, for some it unlocks but for me it just wont work, now I'm stuck at 1990G which is really annoying.

So simply put, does anyone know when the next halo patch is and whether it'll fix the problem, or even if 343 know of the problem, as I have contacted and they keep ignoring me.

• 2 months later...

343i Knows about the problem... there's surely enough people complaining about it... but whether they acknowledge it or do something about it is another story... and I know how you feel... only achievement I have left for MP

But I have heard one important factor... If you do NOT download and install the champions/bullseye dlc, the rest unlock fine... apparently. Then you can download the champions dlc and finish it off... but if you've already downloaded it, chances are it's effed up.

Edited by Leigrez
Additional Information

343i Knows about the problem... there's surely enough people complaining about it... but whether they acknowledge it or do something about it is another story... and I know how you feel... only achievement I have left for MP

But I have heard one important factor... If you do NOT download and install the champions/bullseye dlc, the rest unlock fine... apparently. Then you can download the champions dlc and finish it off... but if you've already downloaded it, chances are it's effed up.

Has anyone tried erasing the Champions Bundle and then meeting the requirements for their glitched achievements? I don't know why you would have to avoid downloading it all together. Wouldn't erasing it have the same effect?

Also I did some searching and found this thread on the Halo Waypoint forums discussing the issue. 343i it seems at least acknowledges the issue and is working on a fix.

Edited by UT Austin

False. I never even bought the Champion's Bundle until they had it 50% off on Black Friday. Still couldn't unlock certain achievements. Still can't now.

False. I never even bought the Champion's Bundle until they had it 50% off on Black Friday. Still couldn't unlock certain achievements. Still can't now.
So being affected by glitched achievements is not simply limited to those who own and/or unlock Champions DLC achievements before doing the other DLCs? That is bad news indeed.

I have this achievement. I got it using Pulse Grenades. You need to actually disintegrate the enemy player (when they burst into tiny bits of light, just like when the knights die in the campaign). Failing that, try headshots with a Binary rifle or possibly a Scattershot?

I have this achievement. I got it using Pulse Grenades. You need to actually disintegrate the enemy player (when they burst into tiny bits of light, just like when the knights die in the campaign). Failing that, try headshots with a Binary rifle or possibly a Scattershot?
That is not the issue here. Everyone knows how to get the achievements, but do to a glitch they are unable to do so. This glitch had been around for a number of months, since around the launch of the Champions DLC.

I also found more updates from 343i on the Halo forums

This is something we're aware of and we are looking into the issue. We know this is frustrating and we appreciate your patience.

We will let everyone know when we have more information. There are a number of users who seem to be experiencing this. Since it's not affecting 100%, it's harder for us to find the cause.

We are doing all we can to understand the exact problem.

Edited by UT Austin