Your favorite setting in videogames thus far?

Vanilla Coke Zero

1. Dead Or Alive: Xtreme 2 Island. You know why ;).

2. Brutal Legend: Bladehenge. So many metal references, and an awesome open world.

3. GTA: Vice City: Best sandbox game ever made. The setting was spot on.

4. Oblivion: Cyrodill. Absolutely awesome setting. So many things to do and see.

5. Resident Evil: The Mansion: Remember playing this for the first time and just being in awe of how incredibly creepy everything was.

Honorable mentions go to Silent Hill and Castlevania: Sotn especially once the castle is flipped around.

I still like the art deco style of Bioshocks Rapture. I would definitely say the environment definitely plays a huge role in if I like a game a lot. Fallout, Bioshock, and Resident Evil 1, just has a realistic type of setting (alright, I know one is underwater, but anyways) that's why I really can't get into sci-fi games too often like Mass Effect and Dead Space. Sure Mass Effect and Dead Space are good games, I just never really cared for the whole outer space type of setting, to me it doesn't draw me in and it's not all that believable, while to others they might really get into it.

I still like the art deco style of Bioshocks Rapture. I would definitely say the environment definitely plays a huge role in if I like a game a lot. Fallout, Bioshock, and Resident Evil 1, just has a realistic type of setting (alright, I know one is underwater, but anyways) that's why I really can't get into sci-fi games too often like Mass Effect and Dead Space. Sure Mass Effect and Dead Space are good games, I just never really cared for the whole outer space type of setting, to me it doesn't draw me in and it's not all that believable, while to others they might really get into it.

Same here as regards the outer space type games. They seem quite cold and don't pull me in.

I love the art deco feel of Rapture but since it was a style that was popular in 1920's, I wondered why it was used for a place established in the 1940's/1950's. It could either be a nod to constructivism and the Revolution or just because it looks cool. :p