Black Throne Elevator Glitch, Everything ("BFA") Achievement

radfannybandit

So I'm a victim of the Black Throne elevator glitch, meaning this wrath shard:

Second Tower

Wrath Shard

Requirement – Voidwalker

Make your way across the giant room with no floor until you’re completely on the exit side (north.) From here, facing the entrance (south), and look to the right (west.) You’ll see a little nook with a Voidwalker panel. Shoot a portal over there, and another in the wall nearest you. Jump in, teleport, and grab the chest.

...is now unobtainable to me. Either way I have to play through the game again, but I'm wondering what exactly you need to unlock the "BFA" ("Unlocked EVERYTHING!") achievement and if it's something tracked across saves. For example, If I unlock every other achievement on my first playthrough (all but "Wrath of War" for all wrath cores, and "BFA" obviously), will BFA unlock on my second playthrough the moment I pick up the wrath shard I never got, even if on that playthrough I haven't yet collected everything else?

Just wondering, thanks for any help, pretty freakin annoying either way...

I remember reading something from a thread in this forum that stated that the BFA achievement unlocks when all the other achievements have been unlocked. When you find that last Wrath shard in your next playthrough, BFA will not unlock. You have to unlock the Wrath of War achievement to unlock BFA.

And what's this Black Throne Elevator glitch? I've never seen or experienced such glitch. I thought all the Wrath cores/shards were obtainable.

I remember reading something from a thread in this forum that stated that the BFA achievement unlocks when all the other achievements have been unlocked. When you find that last Wrath shard in your next playthrough, BFA will not unlock. You have to unlock the Wrath of War achievement to unlock BFA.

And what's this Black Throne Elevator glitch? I've never seen or experienced such glitch. I thought all the Wrath cores/shards were obtainable.

Elevator glitch is a right ball ache. Happened to me and I lost 3 hours of game time ;/ Theres a big lift/elevator in the game that takes you to the top of a tower and as you go up the game can glitch and you can fall through the floor/bottom of the lift now that doesn't sound to bad but as soon as you start to go up you get a checkpoint so the elevator if you restart checkpoint is at the top of the tower and not at the bottom. So if you dont manually save then you have restart. My own fault though as I was running and jumping around like an idiot as it went up >.< Luckily I had a manual save 3 hours back/before that checkpoint/auto save.

As for BFA. Like it states this will unlock when All other achievements have been unlocked and I know achievements for this game dont track across playthroughs so you will have to find all Shards again on your next playthrough to unlock BFA.

Edited by Genesis x360a

Yeah, the glitch isn't that common I guess, but enough so that I've seen 3 or so threads about it out there - when you try and use the elevator in the second tower in The Black Throne level, you go up a little ways and then glitch through the elevator and end up on the floor while the elevator continues to the top. Nothing you can do ever resets the elevator so you can never get to the top, so whatever you didn't get the first time around is now impossible.

EDIT: Yeah, what Genesis said.

And yeah I've heard the same about BFA, that it's tied to obtaining all achievements, but it seems a couple people found that either to not be the case, or that if it is you don't need to get all the achievements in just one playthrough.

If it is just connected to having all achievements unlock then I'm guessing it'll pop when the other achievement does, so maybe my question is: will the achievement for collecting wrath cores do the same and pop when I collect just the one I've never collected or will I have to go through and recollect every one?

Going to have to play through again either way, just curious if anyone else's experience can shed some light.

As for BFA. Like it states this will unlock when All other achievements have been unlocked and I know achievements for this game dont track across playthroughs so you will have to find all Shards again on your next playthrough to unlock BFA.

Dang, alright. Well, I guess I can play on easy at least. Do I get to keep any stats/items from my first playthrough?

And yeah I've heard the same about BFA, that it's tied to obtaining all achievements, but it seems a couple people found that either to not be the case, or that if it is you don't need to get all the achievements in just one playthrough.

If it is just connected to having all achievements unlock then I'm guessing it'll pop when the other achievement does, so maybe my question is: will the achievement for collecting wrath cores do the same and pop when I collect just the one I've never collected or will I have to go through and recollect every one?

Going to have to play through again either way, just curious if anyone else's experience can shed some light.

Its just like any other achievement for unlocking all other achievements. Doesn't matter how many playthroughs it takes you to unlock them all as soon you pop 42 achievements this one unlock. Doesn't have to be done all in one playthrough or else it would make it bassicly unobtainable which it isnt. For the shards you will have to collect them again, to my knowledge the game doesn't track collectibles over multiple playthroughs.

Edit: ninja'd me lol As for your stats I have no idea its been pretty long since I played this game. All I know for certain is that you can take your Abyssal armour with you provided you collected all the pieces.

Edited by Genesis x360a

Elevator glitch is a right ball ache. Happened to me and I lost 3 hours of game time ;/ Theres a big lift/elevator in the game that takes you to the top of a tower and as you go up the game can glitch and you can fall through the floor/bottom of the lift now that doesn't sound to bad but as soon as you start to go up you get a checkpoint so the elevator if you restart checkpoint is at the top of the tower and not at the bottom. So if you dont manually save then you have restart. My own fault though as I was running and jumping around like an idiot as it went up >.< Luckily I had a manual save 3 hours back/before that checkpoint/auto save.

Sounds pretty bad. Can't you just reload an earlier save and continue from there?

Dang, alright. Well, I guess I can play on easy at least. Do I get to keep any stats/items from my first playthrough?

You keep the Abyssal Armor (as Genesis mentioned) but you lose all health/wrath upgrades and all of your money.

Sounds pretty bad. Can't you just reload an earlier save and continue from there?

You keep the Abyssal Armor (as Genesis mentioned) but you lose all health/wrath upgrades and all of your money.

The game autosaves and autosaves over its last save, so unless you manually save at points in the game (Luckily I did) Yer your screwed >.< Haha

Yeah, unfortunately I had been using just one slot the entire game, didn't even know about the glitch until it happened, so I had nothing to fall back on. Kind-of surprised they never came out with a patch for it, even if it is rare.

Yeah happened to me last night, I went on the elevator and wasn't really watching and next thing I know I am back down the bottom and the elevator is at the top....don't think it's going to be too much of an issue for me as I have a save and had just spent a few hours looking for the remaining collectibles and not finding any though. I am really getting sick of this game.