UFO Abduction

g-man-z

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone tried it on the space map? /stupidquestion

I haven't noticed anything strange on this map, but I haven't played it very much. I am still wondering about the 'graveyard' map as well. I have never seen a UFO on that level, although I usually die pretty soon after 20,000, as the broken platforms are much harder to see. I think that most people are focussing on the default and jungle themes, so there could well be a secret in the other ones. But, again, must be something really special to be worth 60g...

Edited by Ooyah
Typo

anyone tried it on the space map? /stupidquestion

I've now both shot and jumped on a ufo in every theme. That should put to rest any theories about the theme having any bearing on this. It is looking like glitchland for all of us the more I try...

Well, I saw a comment posted below the actual achievement on the main page, of a guy claiming he has done this a few times on iPhone (but doesn't own it on WP7). I asked him about how he EXACTLY he did this on iPhone and he said:

Well I did it on Iphone so I'm not sure if its exactly what the achievement wants, but basically as soon as the UFO makes the noise it does when it starts to abduct you you need to kill it then, just spam shoot and eventually you should get lucky. Hope that helps
*I bolded that sentence for emphasis*

I trust this testimonial. It matches the one source from the Internet (a Yahoo! Answers reply). Where does that leave us? Well, either we need to reeeeealy concentrate on doing it this way, or it's impossible on WP7 and we should give up until it's (most likely never) patched. I think we can rule out all other "weird" ways we're coming up with.

Perhaps this was a freature (escaping UFOs) implemented later in the iPhone version (it has had numerous updates), and perhaps the WP7 port is an earlier build(???)

Speaking of updates, my iPhone version just got an update that offers new paths. Wish WP7 would get these updates :mad:

Well, I saw a comment posted below the actual achievement on the main page, of a guy claiming he has done this a few times on iPhone (but doesn't own it on WP7). I asked him about how he EXACTLY he did this on iPhone and he said:

*I bolded that sentence for emphasis*

I trust this testimonial. It matches the one source from the Internet (a Yahoo! Answers reply). Where does that leave us? Well, either we need to reeeeealy concentrate on doing it this way, or it's impossible on WP7 and we should give up until it's (most likely never) patched. I think we can rule out all other "weird" ways we're coming up with.

Perhaps this was a freature (escaping UFOs) implemented later in the iPhone version (it has had numerous updates), and perhaps the WP7 port is an earlier build(???)

Speaking of updates, my iPhone version just got an update that offers new paths. Wish WP7 would get these updates :mad:

I can well understand what you are saying Lite, but, would that be worth 60g, considering the amount you get for other really hard achievements, such as jumping on 30 monsters? I am still wondering whether it could be centered around destroying a certain number of UFOs. How many have you destroyed, Lite? If the figure is over 100, then I can guess that we can finally put this one to bed.

Also... still no reply to any of the e-mails that I have sent. Disappointing. :(

I can well understand what you are saying Lite, but, would that be worth 60g, considering the amount you get for other really hard achievements, such as jumping on 30 monsters? I am still wondering whether it could be centered around destroying a certain number of UFOs. How many have you destroyed, Lite? If the figure is over 100, then I can guess that we can finally put this one to bed.

Also... still no reply to any of the e-mails that I have sent. Disappointing. :(

I am at 476 destroyed, based on the stats screen. 13 bounced and 463 shot. I'm stopping at 500 shot. Working my way there slowly...

ive only played 7 hours. ill wait for an update to mess with it much more. for now, i wait on angry birds.

Agreed. I prolly put 20+ hours in on angry birds on my iPod, looking forward to doing it again. Doodle jump is stressing me out.

I am at 476 destroyed, based on the stats screen. 13 bounced and 463 shot. I'm stopping at 500 shot. Working my way there slowly...

Woah!!! I think that already proves the point! I can't believe that they would be sadistic enough to set it to anything over 100, if this was how the achievement is unlocked. Maybe time to stand down mate, unless you feel they may really have set the bar that high?

Personally, I think that we must be firmly into glitch territory by now. :(

agreed, this is so glitched. i think we should organize one massive email spam at lima sky. all at once we ask how to get the achievement. if that doesn't work then it's just another game i won't 100% =(

Agreed. I have sent at least three e-mails to various places, with no reply. I was really polite, as well, so am disappointed that they just blanked it. I will try sending some more. Not sure how many people are still checking this forum, but I am sure that the more mails we can send the better!

Here's a thought. The achievement says to survive the ufo abduction. Is it possible that when you encounter a ufo, you just stay bouncing in the same spot and maybe the ufo will leave? I tried doing this myself, but only lasted a minute before I screwed up and died. Also, there is a spot when 3 ufo's are onscreen at one time, maybe it has to be done then?. Like I said, this is just a thought.

im quite frankly appauled at how bad their customer service is, all of them

it would appear that 1 of them didnt even read the message properly, saying sorry your game doesn't work.. hmm.

but at least they replied, which is more than can be said for any of the other companies / people involved

but i agree, this achievement is broken, i have tried spamming like made as soon as i see / hear a UFO, but recently, no matter when i shoot, i cannot hit the UFO, bullets just pass straight through them

infuriating piece of shit...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok read this somewhere else not attempted yet myself but if anyone can clear this up we could be on to a winner.

You can definitely survive an alien abduction in Doodle Jump. What you have to do is shoot at it before you are abducted, but then begin to be abducted before your shot hits the UFO. It requires exact timing, but it is possible. The easiest (or less difficult) way to achieve this is to use parabolic indirect shots in the Soccer (preferred) and Christmas themes.

Ok read this somewhere else not attempted yet myself but if anyone can clear this up we could be on to a winner.

You can definitely survive an alien abduction in Doodle Jump. What you have to do is shoot at it before you are abducted, but then begin to be abducted before your shot hits the UFO. It requires exact timing, but it is possible. The easiest (or less difficult) way to achieve this is to use parabolic indirect shots in the Soccer (preferred) and Christmas themes.

Im pretty sure that has been done too many times to count by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...