"Hardened Veteran of Midway" and Level Select Cheat

cstoeber

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to use the "Level Select Cheat" and get "Hardened Veteran of Midway" with it.

- I first did the level on rookie with the level select cheat - got "Veteran of Midway"

- after that I did it on veteran... but no achievement popped up

- then i removed the updates from my xbox and did the level again on veteran - still no achievement.

I would like to know if anyone got the "Hardened Veteran of Midway"-Achievement by using the "Level Select Cheat" and if so - what did you do that I didn`t? I think it's quite strange that the cheat did not work here because it worked fine for the challenges and "Veteran of Midway"...

Edited by cstoeber

• 4 weeks later...
The one cheat allows you to skip challenges, but the level select cheat will not give you the achievement just for beating the last level.

That's not correct because I got the "Veteran of Midway"-Achievement just for beating the last level by using the cheat. So I wonder why the same trick does not seem to work for the "Hardened Veteran of Midway"-Achievement. Any clues?

I meant the Hardened Veteran of Midway, sorry. The cheat will prevent you from getting the achievement on just beating one level for the "Hardened". In other words, you can use the cheat on normal and get Veteran of Midway "like you did." However, you need to beat every level on veteran for the Hardened Veteran of Midway to unlock. If you check in the thread you posted and check their gamercards, you will notice that most of them are missing the Hardened Veteran of Midway.

Honestly, I thought that it was hard as crap, but I eventually did finish it on veteran. Just check out the guides here and via googling for the best strategies. Youtube helped me out a lot as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

What's the fun in just entering a code to complete the game on veteran? Do you want that for every game? It already sucked hard that you didn't get an achievement for beating battlefield bad company 2 on veteran, that achievement was for beating the last mission on veteran wich was very easy, I still did the whole thing on veteran anyway. Achievements are to be earned, no point unlocking them by entering a code is there? To each there one of course but I just don't get how you get fun out of it.