Must Have Weapon & Vigor Upgrades

Stoney Twist

I understand that bioshock wants me to use all the different weapons and vigors, however I just don't have the time nor energy to upgrade everything, so I'd love to hear any opinions from people who have had some success in the game as to what they felt aided them the most in obtaining the Blue Ribbons.

In other words which Upgrades they found the most useful. Any help is appreciated before I start spending my cash.

Shotgun maxed, Sniper maxed, Undertow maxed, Devil Kiss maxed (specific challenge), Charge maxed, Possession maxed, Machinegun maxed (specific challenge), Rocket Launcher maxed (maybe, could help in a couple challenges).

This is all you really need, however don't worry, unless you are flawless and lucky at same time you will rack up a lot more money then you will ever need to get everything.

I understand that bioshock wants me to use all the different weapons and vigors, however I just don't have the time nor energy to upgrade everything, so I'd love to hear any opinions from people who have had some success in the game as to what they felt aided them the most in obtaining the Blue Ribbons.

In other words which Upgrades they found the most useful. Any help is appreciated before I start spending my cash.

First off, this is needed in order to complete the DLC a 100%.

Also you can't say which weapon/vigor is the best to use since every challenge is different and needs different requirements to complete it. So your best bet would be sticking to these two threads (links) and study them hard:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=508758

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=508240

Sorry there is no other way around this...oh well yeah there is one, just ignore the DLC!

If you're going for blue ribbons there's no need to pick and choose upgrades. After playing through every level once I had all but about 6 weapon upgrades. After playing through the first level once more I had everything bought in the game. I now have all of the ribbons in the first level and all but one in the second level and have over 70,000 with nothing to spend it on. You will have plenty of money.