Achievement Guide

yuyanami

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got it today, and notice in the options menu you can toggle between yes/no for "fading health" and "fading ammo." Does this mean that you can like, select no for both, and never lose health or ammo? And would this also effect the achievements?

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the display rather than actual gameplay. When you get shot your screen fades from light red to dark red until your health regenerates, so selecting no for "fading health" probably just removes this feature and you won't really know how close you are to death. When you're low on ammo an icon of the "x button" flashes as a reminder to reload, so by selecting no to "fading ammo" you'll just have to pay closer attention to the number of bullets you have remaining.

Thanks for the guide. It's been very helpful.

Great guide buddy! Has helped save a lot of time maybe having to play the game over and over.

The 250 kills with the sub machine can be achieved on the Somalia training level, but I had trouble getting the other guy to give me his SMG at the last part where the soldiers spawn. He just kept giving me his Assault Rifle? Annoying.

However.... I managed to do it when you get to the "Showing Appreciation" and "Showing Anger" part of training. After you've shown appreciation and anger, swith to your pistol. THEN ask to swap weapons with your partner. He'll then give you the SMG, a Scorpion I believe :)

A good level to get:

Big Boom! Big Bada Boom!

Is on the Afghanistan level. When you parachute in shoot one of the guys firing rpgs at you with your own rpg. Take out the choppper with whatever gun you have by shooting its tail rotor.

After completing the back to back you can collect some more ammo for the special weapon to be used again. Best to use the first 2 checkpoints to get the most out of it.

Also at the same time you can go for any other 250 kill achievment and fisson mailed

Its not much harder than contractor, just make sure you clear out all enemies, there will usually be a change of music when you do, BUT, sometimes there will be one hiding behind a pillar. Thats about it the only diffrence I can see, oh and they chuck a few more grenades. I will put it this way its nowhere near the diffrence in difficulty that is seen in gears of war between hardcoe and insane.

You don't have to actually use the cash to get this achievement just make sure you have enough cash to get them all, buy them and stay on the masks screen until the achievement unlocks then just switch off your xbox, reload and spend the cash on weapons.