The Sims 3 hitting consoles

Daiphyer.

Kotaku reports this morning that The Sims 3 will be making its way to both consoles and handheld gaming systems sometime in Q3 2010. This according to EA’s financial results report, which listed the undoubtedly temporary title “The Sims 3 on Console Title” within its forecast.The game is expected to hit pretty much every platform, but we’ll keep you posted on the details once things get all “official” like.

Source: Gametrailers.com

I hope it has some kind of MP or something that you can go to your friend's house and etc.

Finally, I've been wanting to play it but my PC isn't up to snuff.

Same here. I really wanted to play Sims 3, but my computer would probably crash if I tried playing it, it's literally like 10 years old. I should seriously get a new one lol I was hoping some type of Sims game would come to the Xbox 360 though, I really like sims console games ^_^

I've played it on my PC. In fact it's installed on there. I can say to anybody who's never played the sims before that the game is VERY EASY. Unless you put some asshole achievements on it like earn $10,000,000 it's probably gonna be a relatively easy 1000 as there's only so much you can do!

Hold tight the expansion packs becoming DLCs, the PC version already has 2 expansion packs weighing in at around 4 and a half gig a piece...

I've played it on my PC. In fact it's installed on there. I can say to anybody who's never played the sims before that the game is VERY EASY. Unless you put some asshole achievements on it like earn $10,000,000 it's probably gonna be a relatively easy 1000 as there's only so much you can do!

Hold tight the expansion packs becoming DLCs, the PC version already has 2 expansion packs weighing in at around 4 and a half gig a piece...

I was thinking the same thing. The Sims 3 is even easier than 2 and 1. Great games though. A really good break from killing everybody in sight.

Was there an actual goal in The Sims? I remember playing it but dont remember it ever having a storyline.

Probably the most genius thing EA has done in quite sometime. Sales should be massive. Sims 3 seems to be a universally adopted casual game. I can see sales hitting in the millions across all platforms.

We need a good Roller Coaster Tycoon style game to come out on the system as well!

You mean like Thrillville: Off the Rails on Xbox 360? :p

Was there an actual goal in The Sims? I remember playing it but dont remember it ever having a storyline.

Not sure about PC versions, but the console versions did to my knowledge (such as sims: bustin out) and The Sims 2 had a "Story" kind of mode, where you just go from location to location helping out the people who lived there.

And a good zoo tycoon may be interesting...

Not sure about PC versions, but the console versions did to my knowledge (such as sims: bustin out) and The Sims 2 had a "Story" kind of mode, where you just go from location to location helping out the people who lived there.

And a good zoo tycoon may be interesting...

DS version of Sims 2 kind of did. That game is screwed up though. One example is becoming a human rat thing and having to geat up robots and aliens.

There are goals for your character, and if you're playing as a pre-made character there are pre-maid storylines for them which has goals based on them. For example if you play as a pre-maid character who has a beef with his/her neighbor, one of his/her goals may be to beat the neighbor up or make up with him. There is no central story but there are many small storylines for the characters.

I played the first Sims relentlessly. Bought every expansion pack at 30 bucks a pop and then the Sims 2 came out, and the $200 I spent on expansions became irrelevant. I never got back into the Sims after that, though.

I will definitely pick this up for 360 if they release it, though. I don't see the expansions being any more than 800 points. Plus I won't have the pathological need to pick them up unless they have achievements. Speaking of which, what would the achievements be? Get to the top of this career ladder? Build a house worth $1million? You can't win the game, so there is nothing like that.