How to fix the disable vita chamber option

CrazySolid D

I was reading on another website about Bioshock and the glitch that happens to some people when they go for their Brass Balls achievement and find there is no option to either enable or disable vita chambers! Follow these three easy steps and you should be able to get your achievement.

1. Create a new or use existing account that you haven't played BioShock on.

2. Go to marketplace and download the DLC.

3. Go back to the game on the main account and the option is going to be there.

Like I said, I was reading on a different website and I don't take any credit for this as Shad0w D0g found this out. At least that's what I understand from the other website.

Enjoy :woop:

I just finally got a chance to try this out myself and I can 100% guarantee that is does in fact work.

Edited by CrazySolid D
New details

• 1 year later...

Doing it this way requires you to have (or have access to) a second GT that's connected to LIVE.

The way I did it does not.

Firstly; make sure that you actually have the DLC. I know this sounds stupid but the way I read the road guide in the achievement list made it seem like the update was all you needed for the dlc to be active and that is certainly not the case.

So what I did was download the dlc, delete the cache and re-download the update. It wasn't until after I did all of that, that the option reappeared in my menu.

Good luck everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...
Doing it this way requires you to have (or have access to) a second GT that's connected to LIVE.

Firstly; make sure that you actually have the DLC. I know this sounds stupid but the way I read the road guide in the achievement list made it seem like the update was all you needed for the dlc to be active and that is certainly not the case.

So what I did was download the dlc, delete the cache and re-download the update. It wasn't until after I did all of that, that the option reappeared in my menu.

i'll have to try this i loaded the game up after 2 xbox changes and i have no option to turn it off. even on a new game

worked like a charm

• 4 weeks later...

I tried all that, twice. Once with the game installed, and once without it installed. Neither worked for me. Do you guys have the original edition or the platinum edition, and what xbox do you have (Slim, Original)?

This is starting to piss me off :/

Nevermind, got it to work. I did the trick with using another account to download the DLC again.

I created a free silver account to download it.

Edited by Aerostar44

• 5 weeks later...

Im trying to get the DLC, but when I go to the market place for bioshock it just has the loading screen and nothing else, also checked xbox.com for the dlc and got nothing. i dont wanna start this game without getting the vita chamber option working.

Im trying to get the DLC, but when I go to the market place for bioshock it just has the loading screen and nothing else, also checked xbox.com for the dlc and got nothing. i dont wanna start this game without getting the vita chamber option working.

Having the same issue, just a loading screen. I did however find it on xbox.com.

I also downloaded it back when it first came out so I went through my download history and found it. However I still cannot get the disable option to appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried playing through the whole game on hard and simply shutting off the xbox when I started dropping to the ground. I only died four times, all during Big Daddy fights, and shut it off each time well before spawning in a chamber, but after defeating the final boss the achievement didn't unlock. Just confirming, that method does not work.

Oh, and this was on a memory stick with no other saves on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also guessing that you could just transfer your license for the dlc since downloading the dlc with another account works. Downloading the dlc with another profile essentially just gives you a new license for the dlc and links it to the new console. Of course you would only have to use that method if you don't have access to a second account.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This way didn't work for me, but I have a second Silver account and I did as the OP described and it worked

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was reading on another website about Bioshock and the glitch that happens to some people when they go for their Brass Balls achievement and find there is no option to either enable or disable vita chambers! Follow these three easy steps and you should be able to get your achievement.

1. Create a new or use existing account that you haven't played BioShock on.

2. Go to marketplace and download the DLC.

3. Go back to the game on the main account and the option is going to be there.

Like I said, I was reading on a different website and I don't take any credit for this as Shad0w D0g found this out. At least that's what I understand from the other website.

Enjoy :woop:

I just finally got a chance to try this out myself and I can 100% guarantee that is does in fact work.

I can confirm that this does work. Sadly, I had to create another account, take microsoft's offer for 1 month free with it, then download. I couldn't seem to download with a pre-existing silver account I had (My GF's LOL). Before I did all of this though, I cleared my cache (not sure if that had anything to do with it)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...