Next in the LEGO series..?

fonzycore

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I can't find it and since the lego series spans a lot of different storylines I'd make a general topic about it. I'm just wondering where people think Travellers Tales will take LEGO next. I have two possibilities in my mind.

One idea that I had that I think would be really good, which after thinking about it I actually read on IGN.com the next day, "The Fantastic Four." Although I'm not a huge fan I think the Fantastic Four would make the best LEGO game out of any other comic book characters, hands down. Not only are there multiple main characters which could add a huge new twist to the game (4 player online co-op anyone?!) but it also has a ton of villains and side-characters, assuring fans that it would have a huge line up of characters to unlock and play with. I really don't see anything negative about using the fantastic four other than maybe being able to purchase the rights. I mean the company has already had to purchase rights from lucas arts and warner brothers (DC comics). The Fantastic Four are with Marvel, so that might be conflicting in a way. Only time will tell I think.

The other idea I had was the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The game could be split into 3 chapters true to the trilogy, would be host to a TON of characters, and more importantly would add a whole new element to the series - a fantasy setting (more specifically magic). In Star Wars you had blaster characters and jedi who used force powers to manipulate their environment. In Indiana Jones the game focused on pistols and melee combat, no insane technology or anything like that. And in Batman, while branching away from Lucas Arts for the first time, they stuck with a more Indiana Jones approach using melee combat mostly, with slightly better "powers," aka technology and bad guy mutations. With Lord of the Rings you'd have another rich, family friendly story, and a whole new element to the series. Imagine playing as Gandalf throwing little magical blasts from your staff, or fighting against the huge Belroch (I think thats its name). I think Lord of the Rings would be as good as the Fantastic Four.

If anyone has any comments or other ideas for what they think is next or what you want to be next, feel free to post and debate here!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an April Fool's joke about a LEGO Halo series. I asked a few GameStop workers about this one day and they said it wasn't a rumor, that Bungie is actually considering it? I doubt it.

LOTR would be sa-weeeeeeeet!

I don't think they'd do Halo for the simple reason the lego games have all been multiplatform, and not based off of other games. Halo is an xbox exclusive (well PC too) game and I really doubt microsoft would give a piece of their pie to sony and nintendo lol

Also I could def see xmen happening, but the same problem lies with that as fantastic four. The fact that its marvel. if money and rights werent an issue it would def happen i think though. my only question is what story line would they base the game off of? the crappy movies or the actual legit comic book tales... or would they pull a batman on us and make a completely new story to piss off all xmen fans lol

Edited by fonzycore

My girlfriend and I were actually talking about this and she brought up a few hilarious prospects...

• Rambo
  • Men in Black
  • Harry Potter

I laughed when I heard Rambo because it would NEVER happen due to the nature of the movies, but it would be a kick-ass lego game wouldn't it?! Men in Black would also be hilarious but its actually slightly possible. The movies are focused on two main characters, which is perfect for a lego game and its family friendly. The only problem is lack of enough story and characters. Plus its just not a classic enough movie series. Harry Potter was prob the best of her ideas, I think that goes right along side my suggestion of Lord of the Rings in every way. I'd just assume if they DID do harry potter, they would wait until the final movie was released since the series is close to being done. Oh and heres another idea of my own thats kinda funny.

• Ghostbusters

Yeah. Soak it in.

ahhh Ghostbusters would be a awesome lego game ( still waiting for the normal ghostbusters game any ideas when it out?) also agree with a LOTR lego or a marvel lego

soon. the original company handed over the game to another one, but it is scheduled for completion soon.

I think The Lord of the Rings makes the most sense for them. A recent big name trilogy that everyone knows about. I think the LEGO humor that they put in their previous games would work great in LOTR. Even though there have only been 2 movies I would love to see a LEGO Ghostbusters. Harry Potter also seems like an easy target for the LEGO series to go after next and they could probably extend it to two different games like they did Star Wars.

I've said it four times, I'll now state it for the fifth.

Lego Assassin's Creed.

would never happen, lego games need co-op. who is altairs partner? oh righhhht, hes an assassin and does everything alonnne. plus the lego series bases their crap off family friendly stuff. if they actually did something like that id go with my girlfriends idea of a lego rambo haha

would never happen, lego games need co-op. who is altairs partner? oh righhhht, hes an assassin and does everything alonnne. plus the lego series bases their crap off family friendly stuff. if they actually did something like that id go with my girlfriends idea of a lego rambo haha

Someone took that joke a little too seriously. >>;;