sick of first person shooters?

Diablojer

now im sitting here with my friend, tripping balls and listening to pink flloyd. and it hit me so hard how much im hating first person shooters. now i understand how many people love them and all, like. im a fan of online fps and bioshock because its, well, different.

my main point is, wheres the third person beautys. like gears, dark sector, everything like that. im also getting sick of sports games, but there not getting in the way. plz try to change my mind and tell me what games i should try to get me back into gaming cuz unless it has guitars, cars, or chainsaws in it, and i cant see the nice shiny back of my players head. i dont think its worth it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now im sitting here with my friend, tripping balls and listening to pink flloyd.
yea some people may get a little piss e about saying that (me? I love to roll myself)

but yea ever since socom 2 Ive always liked 3rd person....you can see so much more, all games should have it so you can pick. like just about every racing game

Generally... FPS games have tighter controls.

I said generally, not all the time. GoW has great controlls.

FPS games also have a sort of appeal to them because you feel more like the character than you do playing a 3PS. The lack of seeing the character during gameplay gives you an emotional connection and you care about that character more.

Or something to that effect.

Anywho, I find myself getting bored with shooters overall. They're all pretty well the same. You see a guy, shoot him... wash, rinse, repeat. It's very repetative.

GameInformer can deny this all they want, but it's true.

There are plenty of third-person games for the 360 that range in quality from decent to great. Assassin's Creed, Saints Row, Army of Two, Dead Rising, Hitman: Blood Money, Devil May Cry 4, Mass Effect, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to find something you'd enjoy.

There's also some game called Grand Theft Auto IV. I hear it got a good review or two.

Generally... FPS games have tighter controls.

I said generally, not all the time. GoW has great controlls.

FPS games also have a sort of appeal to them because you feel more like the character than you do playing a 3PS. The lack of seeing the character during gameplay gives you an emotional connection and you care about that character more.

Or something to that effect.

Anywho, I find myself getting bored with shooters overall. They're all pretty well the same. You see a guy, shoot him... wash, rinse, repeat. It's very repetative.

GameInformer can deny this all they want, but it's true.

I totally agree even thou i can play cod4 for days on end, The multilayer is great.

Edited by Genesis x360a

Hell no!

On XBox there were hundreds of them, but there's only a couple dozen on the 360. They all try to do something unique, which becomes nothing more than a gimmick and make me not even like the game.

Soldier of Fortune was actually one of the most refreshing games I've played on the 360, just because it's the only plain old FPS on the console so far.

I want to go to blockbuster and see 10 FPS games I've never even heard of and go home and have actual fun again. Like I used to.

Course, I probably wouldn't enjoy a point of view of a midget in an all nude gay male strip club. I mean...well, you know. Whatever.

Got to say...really would like to play that game, just cause it would be uber bizarre.

Back to the topic on hand though, yes I am getting a bit tired of FPS as well. I mean they are fun to play with my friends, but usually after a week or so I end up going back to what ever I was playing before I picked up the newest shooter. Then again, I can say the same about almost all games now days...maybe I am just getting tired of playing games.

Play some Viva Pinata.

If you play Viva Pinata while you're tripping the universe might explode...

Course, I probably wouldn't enjoy a point of view of a midget in an all nude gay male strip club. I mean...well, you know. Whatever.

Speaking of gay midgets, I wonder if Gary Coleman will be in the new Postal...

Edited by Peace

There are plenty of third-person games for the 360 that range in quality from decent to great. Assassin's Creed, Saints Row, Army of Two, Dead Rising, Hitman: Blood Money, Devil May Cry 4, Mass Effect, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to find something you'd enjoy.

There's also some game called Grand Theft Auto IV. I hear it got a good review or two.

ya sadly, ive played and beat them all so, cockyness duelly noted. im sober now. lonely yes, but sober. and i agree there are plenty and i also agree with some games, fps makes you feel in touch with the character, for story mode though. not online. like i dont think im a dirka killa shooting up everyone in cod4, you get me. but bioshock. fuck it was so in tune with being a fps, barely any guns, and just. pure glory. but for third person online. you can feel the chainsaw ripping through your friends skin ahah. and guitar hero, i can feel the masturful shredding destroying my next opponents. comment more. im loving everyones comments.

K SO OMG I JUST READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS OMFG hilarious. i love postal, so, unique, yet. a fps ahaha. and ill explain what i used to game. at a young age there was this thing, sega genesis. beautiful system. full of sonic and golden axe. then ps1. i beat more then 100! games on it, no lie. all ff's too. and then ps2, destroyed all those, loved timesplitters futureperfect and kingdom hearts, then i was like "ill try this ""xbox"" thing, hopefully it wont be as much garbage as a gamecube" so i get it and play all the oddworlds, and i loved them, but i get to 360, hopeing for something to blow my mind and its just. sequals and knockoffs. like people, you have to understand im not dissing all fps' i love em. some of my fav games are those, but. third person games, and need for speeds. just. the excitment, the body language seeing your guy shit his pants cuz peter pans flying around. just amazing, now im a 17 year old typing this shit up at 350 in the morning, and i have this to say.

bioshock with surround sound headphones and 10g, to last you the whole game. *EPIC*

viva pinata baked and seeing the love making scene - ruined my expierience with my girl friend HAVE A NICE NIGHT!

Edited by Diablojer