Best Non-shooter Co-op Games

Grantbear

Just wonder what you guys think the best non shooter co-op games are. Please list current ones and future releases. I would like games where you can go through the entire story mode cooperatively. So far my top two choices are Fable 2 and Eternal Sonata but I'm looking to get more.

I've got Eternal Sonata but haven't tried it out yet. But as I understand it the co-op mode is only during battles, much like the Tales games (Tales Of Symphonia on GC was like this I believe).

It might not be your thing, but I was actually playing the trial of Feeding Frenzy 2 last night with my gf and the co-op actually adds a lot to it - doesn't seem to get boring super-fast like the original FF.

Also, I always recommend Dynasty Warriors, although you have to remember that player 1 is the only one who gets any achievements because of the sucky way the game has been made to save to player 1's profile.

Fantastic Four isn't bad in co-op either, although you can really annoy the hell out of each other with the camera, as you can both spin it round! Easy achievements too on that one, and you can pick it up dirt cheap.

Also, Guitar Hero 2, 3 and Rock Band. And probably GH Aerosmith too. Always fun! :)

Like others in this thread mentioned, your best bets are:

-Rhythm games (Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc)

-the Warriors series (Dynasty Warriors Empires 5, Samurai Warriors 2, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Dynasty Warriors 6, Warriors Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2)

Other XBLA games like Sonic 2, Golden Axe, Castle Crashers, TMNT Arcade, Streets of Rage 2

;1192632']I've got Eternal Sonata but haven't tried it out yet. But as I understand it the co-op mode is only during battles' date=' much like the Tales games (Tales Of Symphonia on GC was like this I believe).[/quote']

I personally don't think Eternal Sonata is good multiplayer. A lot of that game is quick reflex and strategic uses of Echoes during battle. If you are playing multiplayer, it would be very hard to discuss how to deplete your Echoes strategically given your couple seconds of decision time. I played a few battles multiplayer before realizing the Echo system really wrecked multiplayer.

If you want to play over XBL only, you could play Kingdom Under Fire. The story missions will be different for each player based on their character, but you can play through the entire game multiplayer. I had a lot of fun playing this over Live with friends.

I personally don't think Eternal Sonata is good multiplayer. A lot of that game is quick reflex and strategic uses of Echoes during battle. If you are playing multiplayer, it would be very hard to discuss how to deplete your Echoes strategically given your couple seconds of decision time. I played a few battles multiplayer before realizing the Echo system really wrecked multiplayer.

Aw you're joking? It doesn't play like Baten Kaitos does it? I sort of liked that game but I hated how the battle system made you rush to pick which card to use....

I dont know if you would class Too Human as a shooter but it is quite fun in co op!

Hmmm. I didn't know Too Human was co-op? Will have to look into this! :)

cant beleive no ones mentioned any of the lego games yet, theyre great to play with a buddy. Sure theyre not the best games in the world but their entertaining enough.

Was just about to mention them. :p

I disagree with you though, they ARE the best games in the world. :D

What's good about them is they're jump in/jump out local co-op games, so whenever someone feels like joining in they can and when they don't wanna play anymore they jump right back out again, without affecting you or the game. Implemented very well.

Plus they're so much fun, and very easy/accessible! I can play co-op in this game with my 7-year old sister and it's still fun. :D