Multiplayer...

tally2425

Well was realy looking forward to this game to play online with my mates, But you cant acutually get a party together and play can you?

Another thing is that you can have ranked games which i think every game should have ranked.

Anyone else think this game has been abit of a let down?

Well was realy looking forward to this game to play online with my mates, But you cant acutually get a party together and play can you?

Another thing is that you can have ranked games which i think every game should have ranked.

Anyone else think this game has been abit of a let down?

Actually by Rank it means matching games according to your character rank (1-5) so close to your level. Not actual Leaderboard type ranked matches.

And you should be able to party with your friends and start a match, all of you being placed in a Fire-Team automatically (have not tried this as none of my friends actually have Brink)

As Grey Templar stated there is some Fireteam format in the game....and you can as a non-party friend apparently join said fireteam in game. I'm not sure if changes the color of your people but I did noticed one match after cycling with the same group of humans for around 3 successful matches our names all turned purple so I think they game put us in a fireteam automatically for some reason.

Worst case if you Party up using Xbox's Party system if you get in a game it should be easy enough to open the Guide and "Invite Party" to quickly get everyone in there.

as far as the "rank" system works it WILL NOT inhibit friends joining each other's game.

If a rank 5 player joins his friends Rank 2 game the player with Rank 5 has all Rank 3+ abilities disabled during the match unless the lowbie friend wants to join Rank 5 in a higher rank game.

While I'm not as happy with the game as I hoped, I was well prepared to be let down and therefore am ok with the game as is for now. Patches could fix alot of the issues.

I really dig the campaign versus concept but I do think NOT having a simple Multiplayer sub-menu that is easily used to join Random ranked matches that have NO bots is a bad decision. Sure there is a format in the menus but it's very mismarked and with the alternate rules menu that pops up during the process I think it's leading people to think it's a private match menu.