Where to find this game?

da_hot_funk

This game was actually a Japanese arcade game (in real-life arcades). You could conceivably find one in Japan, but it was also ported to the Dreamcast in 2007 (yes, a new game on the Dreamcast in 2007).

The XBLA version was recently shown on GameSpot's weekly live show, On the Spot. Check it out if you want to see it in action. BEWARE: The episode has a lot of Mature content on it.

• 2 weeks later...
ew, i just read the review at ign. 5.7 score, only 5 levels, takes about 20 minutes to complete? PASS

I noticed a lot of US magazines and sites gave this game a lot score due to length. The replay value, speaking personally, is absolutely terrific. I've played through the game about 40 times now and it's something fun to do if you want to pass by 20 minutes. Still, the game has a decent amount of difficulty and the achievements take a while.

Also I have never known a shooter to be that long... At least it isn't $75 like it was when it was out on the Dreamcast! Haha.

But still, try it out first, then you might want to think about buying it. The first level is nice to do since if you don't die, kill enough ships, and get enough points you get a 'secret' boss.

• 1 year later...