WP7 or iphone 4?

ZEX NITROUS

IM trying to decide which phone to get and im wondering what you guys think is better. My contract ended so now i can get a new one. Just got a new full time job that tends to be boring most of the time. Basically 8-12 hours of boredom everyday. First i was thinking WP7 would be good because i can earn achievements even when im at work, which is awsome but then i always wanted an iphone and an iphone has more things you can do on it....So, what do you guys think, which one should i get?

You should get whichever one you think you'll like better. I've had my Samsung Focus for 2 months now and I really like it. I can earn achievements at work and with the live tiles I can just glance at the phone and see if anything is going on. There's not as many apps for it as the iphone and I have to use the stupid preset ringtones, but that will change with time.

it all comes down to the cheevos for me. i own an iphone 4 that i got as a gift, and i would be quite happy to trade it for a WP7. the iphone 4 is of course better in many aspects, but IMO i would want the WP7 just for xbox live. oh and the bigger touchscreen buttons. my thumbs are just a little to big for the i phone 4. besides i would rather support microsoft than apple.

My problem is even though WP7 is basically the ultimate game phone, the iphone still has a lot more game titles to choose from but of course no achievements:(. Do you guys know if microsoft is working on more titles for the WP7 and the poster above said to wait till a new one comes out, why?

I'd wait a few months till Apple release the IP5, and Microsoft release the Mango update. Both companies should have major changes, and then you'll be able to see which one suits you best

Won't Mango / NoDo be an update to the firmware and not something you need a new phone for, though?

VS. the iPhone 5 which is actually a new phone.

I'm getting a WP7 in July when my current contract expires. I had an iPhone in the past and hated it. I've got another friend who switched to WP7 from iPhone (he's got AT&T, I have verizon) and he's super happy with it.

iPhones are over rated, IMO.

Plus, it never hurts to be able to score whore no matter where ya are ;)

Yeah Mango is just a SW update. But if they can't get the phone running an OS as good as iOS5 when it comes out, it's a good reason to get an iPhone.

WP7 was brand new- was a lot of features it missed. Some of these have been rectified (like copy and paste), but its still behind Apple in lots of areas. Until the new SW comes out, it's hard to compare the phones. I wouldn't upgrade to an iPhone 4 at the moment because the 5 is going to be around in a few months...which then means that Mango will be out as well.

I love my WP7, but the battery is terrible and the OS has several functions missing which is terrible- like the lack of a decent messaging service (AIM) and the aps are kinda limited.

I'm amazed no one has recommended an Android over either yet. But I will. It depends on what network you are on, but if it is Verizon, then Droids are the way to go.

Just don't get the HTC incredible. My dad's got one & I checked it out last time I visited. He's ok with it, but says that there are tons of programs that run whether or not you want them to, so basically before he jailbroke it (which he had to do to stop this) he was getting 10% of his processing power, as 90% of it was taken up by resident programs he didn't need or want running. There's other problems, but the Droid X or Droid Charge are way better.

Of course, we got it for him for free for xmas, so can't complain about something's free, eh?

i own a wp7 its just smooth and very nice looking...

even iphone users i know tell me that its very nice looking and comfortable (they arent telling me their jealous, but i know they are)

also there is a very nice integration of xbox live, not tons of games, but still enough.

and you are able to buy your music on the marketplace and use it on your xbox, pc and windows phone.

oh btw i own a htc hd7.

but doesnt matter much, all wp7 got almost same specs.

Tbh, if I've learnt anything from working at Carphone Warehouse (Best Buy) It's that the Iphone is so over-rated!

I can't deny the features and OS are brilliant being an iphone(3gs) user myself, but i don't think people realise just how far the rest of the smartphones OS have caught up to apple.

Someone mentioned Android, they were named manufacturer of the year last year well above Apple, and the Samsung Galaxy S stole the show, not the Iphone 4 despite its anticipated release! I can safely say the last year we have sold almost double the amount of android handsets that we have the iphones.

The ios 5 previews that have been released sound good, but they are still missing some basic functions that you would expect Apple to have improved or incorporated.

For example:

No flash support in the web browser

No bluetooth transfers to other phones

Still limited to 12 apps in the app folders

No haptics for the touchscreen (Compared to the Samsung Nexus having it)

Like Minty said, i think you should wait for the updates. I think you should have an open mind about it and not just presume the iphone would be better for you. Give yourself time to consider it and see what they will be releasing!

I guess it depends what you want it for, I have the Omnia 7, and I get on great with it (using it as I type), if you want it for games and achievements then the WP7 would be the way to go , more games are coming all the time for it, 8 new titles were shown at e3. I think in all honesty that all the smart phones do pretty similar things just in a slighlt different way. Go to the shop and try some out, see which one you like best.

I decided to get the iphone 4. Since im not a big arcade games type of gamer, usually i just play retail, i passed up on WP7 trophy. This phone is my first smartphone so this thing is very fun to me right now.:woop:Thanks for all the comments and opinions, my brain was going crazy on the way to the verizon store lol.

Yup, im really enjoying it. Transferred all my itunes music to the phone, now i can listen to all my songs while at work, woohoo. This phone is app addicting. I have a feeling it's going to be attacking my wallet for a while now because i wanna download all them lol. I do wonder what the WP7 would of been like. Everytime im going through the game apps on the iphone im saying to myself, "Damn, i can't get any achievements for these". O well, iphone is still a very fun phone.

I've got a "Droid" platform phone while my wife has owned every version of the iPhone ever made. There are slight variances in different programs that each has but in my opinion, the iPhone's internet is a whole lot faster than my phone regardless where we're at. When my contract is up I'm switching to iPhone.

But get whatever you like best depending what you'll use it most for (texting, internet, face-to-face chat, etc.)

I bought an iPhone 4 (Verizon) a few weeks ago and I love it.

Verizon doesn't have a WP7 as of yet, I believe.

Looked at the Droids and wasn't really impressed. A buddy at work has Droid X that I've got to play around with, but its too big to fit in my pocket comfortably.

I had heard some terrible things about the Thunderbolt like battery life is awful and they're having problems with them randomly shutting off/restarting.

All in all though, the iPhone was worth the money.

App store has tons of stuff in it, many are free.

I'm not biased towards Apple in any way. Own a Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Vaio Laptop, and a Apple iPhone...:p

I bought an iPhone 4 (Verizon) a few weeks ago and I love it.

Verizon doesn't have a WP7 as of yet, I believe.

Looked at the Droids and wasn't really impressed. A buddy at work has Droid X that I've got to play around with, but its too big to fit in my pocket comfortably.

I had heard some terrible things about the Thunderbolt like battery life is awful and they're having problems with them randomly shutting off/restarting.

All in all though, the iPhone was worth the money.

App store has tons of stuff in it, many are free.

I'm not biased towards Apple in any way. Own a Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Vaio Laptop, and a Apple iPhone...:p

As of last month they do.

HTC Trophy. Was released May 26th or something like that. It's very similar to the HTC Arrive on Sprint. Major differences are the lack of a physical keyboard on the Trophy.

Also, if you get a Trophy before July 15th, you get a free game (Reach or some Kinect game...I think Kinect Sports...)

I'd wait a few months till Apple release the IP5, and Microsoft release the Mango update. Both companies should have major changes, and then you'll be able to see which one suits you best

I've heard rumours that the new iPhone won't come out until next year because of the recent release of iP4 on Verizon's network. I wouldn't be shocked if there was no iP5 release this year.

Yup, im really enjoying it. Transferred all my itunes music to the phone, now i can listen to all my songs while at work, woohoo. This phone is app addicting. I have a feeling it's going to be attacking my wallet for a while now because i wanna download all them lol. I do wonder what the WP7 would of been like. Everytime im going through the game apps on the iphone im saying to myself, "Damn, i can't get any achievements for these". O well, iphone is still a very fun phone.

Same with me when I got it. I went to the app store and downloaded a whole shit load of random things that looked interesting. I slowed down on the downloaded since then but still go to the store to see if there is anything interesting. Anyways, like I said before get a case, if you haven't already. A good drop with it and the glass will shatter. Otterbox is what I have on mine, pricey if you get it from their site or whatever but I got mine from eBay at like half the price. Look them up on youtube, even one of them is waterproof.

• 2 weeks later...

WP7 had a lot left off of it so they could release another one and milk it for more money, just like Apple did. So if you're leaning towards WP7, than you should wait for a newer version. Though the iphones have a lot more apps and are way beyond the WP7