Destiny not working?

SweptbackFlame

Has anyone had trouble getting connected to Destiny? I was in the middle of a Clash match and it said "Returning to Orbit because you left your fireteam" When I was playing alone. The game never Stabilized. So I restarted now everytime I try to connect the game tells me I must be connected to Xbox Live. When I actually am connected.

Anyone with the same problem?

EDIT: NVM there is a service alert:

12/26/2014 4:46:44 PM CST:

"Are you having issues launching certain titles? We’re aware of this issue, and we’re working to address this ASAP! Thanks for your patience. We’ll update you on the progress of this issue in 30 minutes."

Edited by SweptbackFlame

In the last 15-20 minutes mine has completely dropped out. Can't even get to the character selection screen without Banjo error now. I was playing a game of crucible and the connection got slowly worse until the whole enemy team just left.

It's pretty annoying, I had just gotten enough glimmer to buy the last upgrade I wanted from Xur and I'm now unable to get on.

Just look at their Twitters. I'm not sure I should post links to them, though. They're easy enough to find if you Google everything.

The only thing I've yet to see is a youtube video saying "not to hack xbl and psn", and two rando twitter handles that are filled to the brim with random posts, and one guy saying he "doesnt give a shit about xbl or psn."

The only thing I've yet to see is a youtube video saying "not to hack xbl and psn", and two rando twitter handles that are filled to the brim with random posts, and one guy saying he "doesnt give a shit about xbl or psn."

Anonymous didn't go after them because of what they were doing to XBL and PSN; they went after them because they were attacking that Tor network site or whatever that they use. No matter the reason they're still going down.

Edit: Looks like there's a ceasefire among everyone. $300,000 is what stopped them from attacking XBL/PSN. I'm happy that they've said they aren't going to do it anymore, but I'm also sad at the same time because it was from a bribe. They should've been forced to stop, not be rewarded.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by tigersrule

Anonymous didn't go after them because of what they were doing to XBL and PSN; they went after them because they were attacking that Tor network site or whatever that they use. No matter the reason they're still going down.

Edit: Looks like there's a ceasefire among everyone. $300,000 is what stopped them from attacking XBL/PSN. I'm happy that they've said they aren't going to do it anymore, but I'm also sad at the same time because it was from a bribe. They should've been forced to stop, not be rewarded.

Oh good lord I can't even watch that whole video. 5 minutes and I'm done with it.

it's likely because of the "aftermath" as they said in the video. it was the only thing they said that actually made sense (not because I don't understand the rest, but because it sounds like total BS). all the consoles trying to reconnect at the same time seems to have made live unstable, and they are likely doing maintenance at the same time. I didn't have any trouble myself last night except for getting kicked to orbit once, but my buddy couldn't get into destiny at all, although live was working for him.

it's total BS that the only reason they stopped is because of the bribe. how is this an acceptable resolution? so now we have their word that they are staying away from xbl and psn, great. that's proven to be a valuable asset previously.

I keep getting disconnected. I'm fucking surprised I managed to make it to level 8 with the amount of dcons I've been getting. Also, my achievements are glitched. I have 9 unlocked and the achievement menu says I have 0. It actually said I had 1 unlocked a while ago. There's the integrity of the achievement system for you...