Q2 vs. Q4

kytaseth

I have just completed Q4 and thought that some of the game play was a bit rubbish taking into account eh FSP and the laggin on XBL. I then played Q2 on the bonus disk and the graphics on that absolutly sucked! Was that actually good for when it came out? When did it come out?

On the first level there is a massive hole in the floor full of acid with a small walkway going down it. If you jump into that there is a small health kit at the back and the only way I have found of getting out is to press the large red button (kinda patronisiung if you ask me). This rises the acid level taking my health from 100 to 38 Is there any other way out of it?! ???

Q2 came out in late 1997 if I remember correctly. The graphics for it's time were fantasic. It really showed the power of a PC and a good graphics card back in the day. The reason I praise it so much on the PC is because the single player game was not only great but the multiplayer was awesome too. People still actually play Q2 multiplayer today with the various mods that came out for it.

I disagree. Way back when Quake 2 was released it was new to me. I was more immersed in the Quake world because of this new world and graphics for the time. Quake 4 is great and I love the single player but since Q2s release I have played tons of PC and console shooters that have taken place in a sci-fi universe. It was great to visit the Quake universe again but now it's just like every space universe.

Again, as far as multiplayer I vote Q2 old school multiplayer.

• 11 months later...

Quake 2 was a great game ! .. didn't care soo much for Quake 3 .. but Quake 4 .. was the Best Freaking game i played that was FPS for the PC i think they should do a remake of the same game but updated graphics i bought it last year on ebay for a really cheap price ( $20 - $30 total ) and i was not dissappointed i love that game soo much .. i think people are too into the ne games and with updated graphics cause these games are classics like Quake 1 ... i mean just look at Doom for Xbox Live arcade the graphics back then on the pc everyone was like .. " woah that is so awesome !!! " today people look at it and said ... Pfft CRAP !!! ... and people who say that probably cuase they have never been around when doom first came out and if so you have to appreciate the fact that DOOM was a big step in grpahics history then to Quake and so on

Long Live Quake 1 And 2 and 4 !!!!! :woop:

• 10 months later...

call me old fashioned but i still play q2 multiplayer today,

new fps's dont give me that edge q2 has been able to deliver for the past 10 years. and the q2 physics.... just feel so right.

not to mention some of the best maps ever made...

Q2DM1 - The Edge. nuff said :p

I run the wireplay UK quake2 servers and its easier to join and find players in a q2 multiplayer game than it is a xbox360 quake 4 multiplayer game. heh :p

damn i love this game.

IP's

Wireplay UK Q2 KOTS2007|18ms|194.154.191.3:27910

Wireplay UK Q2Jump|19ms|194.154.191.3:27950

Wireplay UK Q2 Action [TP]|18ms|194.154.191.3:27920

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...