Shenmue : Any news??

PID Man

This would make an awesome game for XBLA (or even a Full price retail game)

Imagine with Achievements!! I would lock myself away for weeks and weeks to get all the collections!!!

Does anyone have any news on this coming to the 360?

I keep saying this. Shenmue is my favorite game of all time. Where the hell is part 3 =[.

Anyway, due to Dreamcast's recent plans to release many 360 classics, all we can do is cross our fingers and wait. It'd be foolish not to with such an excellent game and, imagine this: If Shenmue XBLA was successful (as I can imagine it being) it might just give SEGA the nudge to carry on with number 3.

I have heard from countless people that this is one of the greatest games SEGA ever made, and i'm sad to say i have never had the chance to play it, so i would love to see it come to XBLA so i can finally have said chance to experience it.

Same here, I've only caught glimpses of it at the most. From the popularity, it'll likely be the 1200 of the bunch.

I agree it would be an awesome game but unless I'm wrong (which is a distinct probabilty) 200G si the max for an XBLA game? And for a game as big as shenmue it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth :) I'd love a shenmue 1K

Can you imagine 150G for all the little toys in the coin machine. 100G for top scores on Altered Beast ETC and 50G for surviving the 75 man mass brawl lol. In fact, i'd love it if someone just drafted up a faux 1K for Shenmue 1. Hell I might even do it myself lol.

Dont get me wrong, I'd still download it though :D

I agree it would be an awesome game but unless I'm wrong (which is a distinct probabilty) 200G si the max for an XBLA game? And for a game as big as shenmue it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth :) I'd love a shenmue 1K

Can you imagine 150G for all the little toys in the coin machine. 100G for top scores on Altered Beast ETC and 50G for surviving the 75 man mass brawl lol. In fact, i'd love it if someone just drafted up a faux 1K for Shenmue 1. Hell I might even do it myself lol.

Dont get me wrong, I'd still download it though :D

If this was released as an XBLA title it would only be 200G but who knows, Dreamcast games might have a different rule ;).

You're right though, there are some sweet achievements they could put. Mastering all of the moves, Defeat Chai, Collect all of the toys, Meet your Quota everyday as a Forklift Driver. There's so many!

The only problem I had with the game other than strange camera angles was how hard it was to get used to driving any of the vehicles at first. the controls for the bike and forklift were a little hard to get used to. otherwise great story and character development.

I keep saying this. Shenmue is my favorite game of all time. Where the hell is part 3 =[.

Quoted for Truth.

I completed Shenmue 1 & 2 so many times on the Dreamcast.

i used to do the glitch on Shenmue 1 that would entail you to keep working on the docks for numerous days, i did this just cause i didnt want the game to end, and just continued a normal life on Shenmue :p

well as normal as can be. fork lift truck driving all day, spending all your hard earned money on toy capsules and arcade machines.

"THIS .... AGAIN!"

Amazing game! I just wish they would finish it and bring out Shenmu 3. It was the most expensive game ever made, it started the whole button sequence and mini games and this game was ahead of its time and is an amazing game for you newer gamers to check out.

I would love for it to come to XBLA but I would be frustrated and angered beyond belief if it was only for 200 points.

Edited by bevan3423

Soooo, I'm pretty new to gaming, forgive my ignorance during this post. I asked the boyfriend what this game was about and he led me to GiantBomb's throwback Quick Look (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-throwback-shenmue/17-1334/). I'm about 10 minutes into the video and... it's so boring.

I can totally understand the graphical achievement the game had... at the time of release. What is the appeal of the game now? The pace seems so plodding and slow. The voice acting makes me cringe. It isn't very exciting to watch... I can't imagine it much more fun to play.

I did enjoy that kitten scene though. ;)

Soooo, I'm pretty new to gaming, forgive my ignorance during this post. I asked the boyfriend what this game was about and he led me to GiantBomb's throwback Quick Look (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-throwback-shenmue/17-1334/). I'm about 10 minutes into the video and... it's so boring.

I can totally understand the graphical achievement the game had... at the time of release. What is the appeal of the game now? The pace seems so plodding and slow. The voice acting makes me cringe. It isn't very exciting to watch... I can't imagine it much more fun to play.

Great story line, great graphics for its time, immense and elaborate world where you can do everything (almost) and its was ahead of its time.

Shenmue is one of those games that I know very well of but have never played the full game. I played a demo a couple of years ago on the Xbox and I just loved it. One of those games that just this 'magic' that I can't explain. The kind of feeling you get when playing Zelda or Okami, you know what I mean? All that from just playing a 20-minute demo!

It would be awsome if they released this as an XBLA game. This needs to happen. :drunk

If I buy a copy of Shenmue 2 for the original Xbox -- if I can find one -- will I be able to play it on the 360? If I can then I'm hunting for this game like crazy. Should be dead cheap now.

At the time of its release, it literally was the closest a game had ever gotten to perfection ;). It had a lengthy story with deep, interesting characters, there was so much to do out of the story too. It's so difficult to explain the amount of fun I had heading to the Arcade, spending all of my Yen on the arcade machines and toy capsules. That sort of magic and brilliance would be near enough impossible to replicate now.

Shenmue II was great and held my attention but the first, absolutely amazing. If you ever play it, you have to go into the game open minded and understand how old it is but, it came out at the perfect time for a game with a mindblowing amount of interactivity which nowadays we take for granted in games.

Horror of horrors though.. - what if we've been spolied by modern games and after a few hours of playing it you think 'this is actually pretty pap' lol.

Dont get me wrong, I loved it first time round. Spent an absolute age playing both of them. But what if when/if it comes on XBLA it feels dated and ruins the memories of it.

Just a thought

There may be hope for one or both of the original shenmues on the xbla http://8th-circuit.com/?q=content/rumor-shenmue-and-jet-set-radio-headed-xbla

X360a posted a story about this in the news feed a while ago but i couldnt find it, but nevertheless this website has the screenshots. Like so many others i found the first two games to be amazing and would go as far as saying they were my favourite games of all time and i really want to see shenmue 3 come out soon. I would give an arm and a leg for it.