I love this game..

Don't move the left stick ALL the way over, move it so your hand is hovering directly over the butt of the gun, kind of where the base of the thumb meets the palm if you get me. I can get speed and focus in the high 90's most of the time.

Once your palm is over the butt of the gun, it will sway - just like the focus on your opponent sways. Make minor adjustments to hand position (re-centering) to keep the speed increasing - I average about 90% speed and 80% focus. Once I figured out the speed in-game duels are much more enjoyable (and passable!)

tl;dr - both sticks need to be kept dynamic (moving).

I'm getting the hang of it now. I can easily avarage 90%+ speed & 80-90% focus but now my problem is I'm not shooting quick enough. The time between grabbbing the gun and then shooting is too long, I always get shot before I even get a chance to aim (red reticle) and shoot.

This game is wicked. Was always going to be a day one for me. I love the story telling, its like Silas is sometimes talkin' outta his arse but then sometime he ain't....making me laugh as I play along...

It's very basic point and shoot but the further I got in a more skills I opened it got more and more enjoyable. Duels to take a little getting used to but when you do they are fun!!! Plus the inlaid six-shooter guns are so cool looking...love blastin' people with them.

As a big spaghetti western fan, this is great stuff...

Come out ya yella bellied sumabitch...

Second! I love the storytelling. Makes me smile and laugh. Good to be back in the old west, where COJ belongs!

Edited by S h o v e l

So is Swift Justice glitched or not?

No one else has claimed it to be glitched. I just unlocked it in story mode at the end of mission 8, this is annoying as I don't know what my exact time was. Remember you have to win honourably.

You should keep trying in the first duel stage. Has it glitched on you only once, or did you hit under the time more than once and still no pop?

Another note about duels, I was practicing today (trying to beat a friend on leaderboard) and really focused on using the dodge - it can work miracles. Not necessarily for getting the highest score possible, but for staying alive and getting the achievement.

On a few occasions now I have missed up to 3 times, going for head-shot kills, and still won the duel by dodging their shots until i finally hit them. If you are really struggling maybe give that a shot, or just do it for fun, it is pretty cool to do the rope-a-dope on 'em.

I think this game is amazing! The duels kinda suck but other than that it's really fun and satisfying to kill people, i recommend it, I've payed more than 1200 msp for way worse games.

A big AMEN to that comment.:)

You guys don't like the duels? I think they do a fantastic job of reacreating the tension in a standoff like that; you have to stay on your toes constantly to control your aim and draw speed. I love it, and I love the game as a whole. One of the best parts for me is how extremely satisfying the gun sounds and animations are. Blowing someone away with dual sawed-offs feels amazing.

The only thing I don't like is that you have to level up to stand a chance in arcade... So you have to waste like 5 hours before you can actually start trying for high scores. Kinda dumb.

Drog you are the first I've seen that likes the duels I think. I hate them completely and have in each game they showed in. I hate the instant death moments in the game and the duels more so.

I like everything else about the game but the dueling is so bad I decided not to replay it.

This game is truly BADASS, with it's interesting story and excellent gunplay. Now, I know this game might push people away because it is in the "Call of Juarez" series BUT don't let that stop you! We all know Call of Juarez: The Cartel sucked and strayed very far away from the whole "western" theme the series is known for. The duel controls are hard at first but get easier as you play more and learn the tricks behind the unique mechanic system. Techland have redeemed themselves with this brave arcade-styled western shooter and is well worth the $15 price tag.

~Zip645 Reviews

• 3 months later...