Arcade GOTY?

Cyler12

Arcade GOTY?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Arcade GOTY?

• Yes!
    • No Way!
    • Maybe...

I have played this game all day and have no regrets of buying it like I do other arcade games and I can't get enough of it. What do you all think?

Gotta admit i'm gonna have to agree with you to an extent. I think it'll be put up in the list of runners, but I also will go ahead and say there's not too much that can stand up to it. However there is one or two things even now.

I have played this game all day and have no regrets of buying it like I do other arcade games and I can't get enough of it. What do you all think?

Unfortunately, for myself, I'm only played the demo. Going to purchase as soon as I have a chance, but I thoroughly enjoyed what the demo offered. The gameplay is smooth, controls are easy to learn, and the graphics for an Arcade title are fantastic. I couldn't believe how good the lighting looks! Especially only being 750MB.

I also like that there is splitscreen. That is always a huge turn on for me when it comes to shooters. I don't use it often, but when it's available, it's just another way I can play the game when friends come over. The only was also pretty great, even though my time was limited thanks to the demo. I like the quick level-up system, building your base, using robots, and how each class is truly unique and relevant to the team.

I can't quite same Arcade GOTY, but it sure is a total blast and I'll definitely be picking it up some time in the next couple days.

For me this definitely is not the arcade game of the year, but only because I think Limbo is a more original game than all the other stuff that came out thus far this year. Limbo is an expression of pure creativity and makes for a brilliant, although extremely short, game.

Don't get me wrong however, as this game is definitely one of the best to come out this year, just not the best imho.

I put Maybe because the game is astoundingly good. I had absolutely no expectations for this game and was pleasantly surprised.

However, I personally have enjoyed Castlevania and Deathspank much more than this game, so I wouldn't say it's Arcade Game of the Year. Of course, if you're talking about review scores, then I doubt Castlevania nor MNC will get it. Maybe LIMBO or Deathspank, since those have higher average reviews. I still think LIMBO was far too short to receive GOTY. And although it was artistic, I still say enjoyment > art.

I personally disagree. Don't like it too much, and don't see much purpose in playing it after 200/200. For an online shooter, the severe lack of unlockables through rank/money (custom slots? Only need 2...titles? Who cares.) makes me sad. I didn't enjoy this as much as I did castlevania.

Limbo doesn't grab GotY either because it was short and the whole easter egg hunt turned me off to the game. The fact they were in there were good, the whole selfish asshole things that came out of it were not. But that's just a personal thing and I disliked the game after. Granted, I did like the "Under 5 deaths" achievement. With unlimited lives, it added incentive to die less.

Not too ecstatic about any arcade this year worth being GotY, but spent the most time on Castlevania so far. Hopefully Raskulls and Aquaphobia are good.

If this game is a 8.5, Castlevania: HoD is a 8.6.

Different strokes, and I know Vania splits gamers down the middle (in terms of who likes it)... but I just can't fathom how this or hydro thunder have better review scores when this game, MNC, is riddled with bugs upon release. I'll go into detail if you haven't noticed any, cause I found at least 5 one being extremely annoying (not respawning, then having to re-select a class and waiting to respawn again entirely).

Reading the reply's I forgot to mention, Deathspank. That games better as well; although, only single player and capped at about 15-20 hours play time.

Edited by Six to Eight
Edit: Deathspank.

No way.

Scott Pilgrim isn't out yet on xbl.

Scott pilgramm is good from what iv heard but i also heard it's very short. Plus with no online coop that's a huge letdown for me. Id like to give this game of the year but the behemoths battle block theater is coming out this year. I think ill wait till that comes out then decide.

[offtopic]Speaking of Scott Pilgrim VS the World, GT has a review of Scott Pilgrim right here I'm definitely getting this one, despite the lack of online co-op[/offtopic]

Not a chance in hell. This game is broken, laggy, and unbalanced beyond belief. I was really pumped after watching the dev walkthrough of this but after actually playing it, I really wish I'd of kept my money.
Haven't experienced much lag here and haven't noticed anything about the game to be broken either. (And I have played MW2 so I do know what a broken game is...:p)

About the unbalanced part, you might have a point there; the fully powered up sniper is way too powerful, the assassin can kill you way to easily and why doesn't anyone play with the Tank class? (answer: because it's nerfed)

Scott pilgramm is good from what iv heard but i also heard it's very short. Plus with no online coop that's a huge letdown for me. Id like to give this game of the year but the behemoths battle block theater is coming out this year. I think ill wait till that comes out then decide.

Oh wow. Forgot about Behemoth's next. I stand corrected (for now :p)

Again, I really like MNC but I'm starting to see two big flaws- both of which have already been touched on.

1. Is the fact that I'm now only playing to get custom class unlocks. That might be fine for all, but I'm not much of an assassin and even less of a sniper. Would have been cooler to get better perks, or at the very least higher class perks, as you level up as apposed to right from the start. I feel like your level doesn't really show your skill. Two people at level 35- one guy has played for four days and is so good, he levels fast/ other guy plays for two weeks and sucks but doesn't get better. No real depth in the rewards, is what I'm stating. I'm not at all interested in little banners near my name.

2. The community will really decide the fate of this game. I played Transformers WFC out this summer, but it wore thin with less than 1,000 people playing a day. Some possible dlc would definately keep this game strong but an xbl game should have legs passed its 2nd week.

For me this definitely is not the arcade game of the year, but only because I think Limbo is a more original game than all the other stuff that came out thus far this year. Limbo is an expression of pure creativity and makes for a brilliant, although extremely short, game.

Don't get me wrong however, as this game is definitely one of the best to come out this year, just not the best imho.

i havent bought either yet but limbo from what my friends say is amazing but like 2 hours long. $15 for 2 hours of gameplay is stupid. but mnc looks promising and im buying it tonight. as for the goty i dont know yet but my vote right now is going to castlevania HoD.

wow i forgot about battle blox theater. both alein hominoid and castle crashers are still 2 of the top 5 arcade games on the whole marketplace!!

its only august, you still have tomb raider, shank and tons of otherst o be released this year, should have waited till the end to ask this questions. So far this is the only arcade game that i have bought this year,(i bought snoopy and limbo) that has replay value, snoopy is just to hard for me.