Problems with a MyAchievements Checklist? Post here. (READ FIRST POST!!!)

The Pants Party

Ok, I decided to make a new one of these so I could have all the many solutions up front that will hopefully help people before they even need to post. If you don't even know how to enable lists or use this feature in general, please see this thread.

*******Essentially the fix for almost everything is just to delete the problematic checklist, re-enable it, and recheck everything.*******

NOTE: Disabling is different from deleting. To delete a list, hit the Red X from the "My Checklists" page. If you simply disable the list (inside the game's checklist), it won't solve anything. Here is a picture of where you need to click to delete a list.

1. Secret Achievements do not stay checked.

Well, this is an easy fix, but you will need to let me know what game is broken. There is an option in games under the admin system that says "Secret Achievements" and the default is 0 for no. When an achievement list is added that contains secrets we are supposed to go in and change the value to 1 for yes, but we don't always remember and the secrets will not save without that value changed. Once you let me know what game is broken I just have to change the value and it will work.

2. You say you fixed the above problem but the list still won't save!

If this is the case, please simply delete your checklist by hitting the Red X from the main list of checklists, then re-enable it and re-check everything. I apologize that this is the best fix, but it is.

3. I check an achievement and save, then it checks a different achievement.

This problem occurs when a game gets DLC achievements added that are secret. We don't know why it happens or how to fix it, but when we add secret achievements to a game after the original list has been imported, the list breaks completely for anyone who has been using it before the new achievements were added. Again, you will need to delete the checklist and re-enable it. And again, we are very sorry that this is the case, but it is.

4. My browser timed out/the site crashed while saving a checklist.

If this happens, the list will think it has received the data, updating your score, but not keeping the achievements checked off or it will check the achievements but not update your score. Again, deleting and re-enabling is the only fix. (This problem is much rarer now that it was previously, but just in case.)

5. I get an SQL error anytime I try to save achievements.

This was caused by some coding work we had done to speed up the saving process. Unfortunately the only fix is again to delete the checklist, then re-enable and recheck everything. This error will not occur in the future, but any games affected by the original mistake will need to be fixed.

6. DLC Achievements do not save.

When we add DLC achievements to a list, it becomes unusable if you had been using it before the DLC was added. We unfortunately can not find the cause, but again it is an easy fix of deleting the list, re-enabling it and rechecking everything.

Edited by The Pants Party

Unfortunately there is a bug with the checking off games when DLC is added to the list if you've enabled the list before the DLC was added. What you need to do is delete the game from your checklist entirely (not disable). Then re-add the game, re-enable the achievements and then you'll be able to check them all off. Follow the procedure below.

Make sure you're signed in. When you are, click 'Checklist'.

aDtH15k.jpg

Next, scroll down to the game you want to delete and click the red X.

sL56SJ0.jpg

aUJc1As.jpg

The game is now deleted from your profile. You will be returned to the Checklist.

Next step is you have to enable the achievement list again.

Go to the game's achievement list (in this case, State of Decay 2) and scroll down a little. On the right side is a box that says 'MyAchievements'. It should say what's in the image below. Click on 'Click here to enable'. You will then be able to check off all the achievements, including DLC.

5xmRcfm.jpg

Keep in mind that you will have to check off all previously checked achievements since you deleted the game from your profile.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 2 weeks later...

2. You say you fixed the above problem but the list still won't save!

If this is the case, please simply delete your checklist by hitting the Red X from the main list of checklists, then re-enable it and re-check everything. I apologize that this is the best fix, but it is... here is a picture of where you need to click to delete a list.

Hey Pants, just to clarify for people like me who don't seem to be able to follow instructions exactly, clicking "Disable MyAchievements" while you're actually in a particular game's checklist is not the same as clicking the Red X from the general list of games. The Disable MyAchievements option will not fix this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the checklists (obviously)

They don't seem to recognise sometimes when I've checked things (i.e, I check them off and save and when I go back the ones I just saved aren't saved)

I have tried the deleting the checklist and starting again but it doesn't seem to work.

This also happens on new games (one's I've not checked anything off on before and only just added to my checklists)

The other issue I have is that when I click save it's REALLY slow saving (been waiting about 5 mins for it to save my achievements for Battlefield:BC now, usually it's anywhere between 2-5 mins)

All other sites load as they should, I'm using Windows Vista and the same problem seems to occur in IE, Firefox and Chrome, please help me work out why it's like surfing on dial-up when I use the site :)

Checklists are taking a long time for me as well. To enable them for a game, check and save it's probably taking upwards of 15 minutes per game.

same here and this isn't something that just started happening it's been happening for awhile now. is there any reason it does this. It's every list of every game that this happens on when i save a list. Everything else is fast and every other site is fast it's just that checklist save that is uber slow!

• 2 weeks later...

This one seems to be specific to XBLA Ms. Pac-Man for me:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 184 and userID = 22117' at line 3

Other games on my list work and I can safely save Ms. Pac-Man with 0 achievements, but 1..12 result in that error message.

I have removed the game from my list and re-added it but, as expected, the SQL generated didn't magically fix itself :p

I get the same error as pinata242 but for Guitar Hero 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 195 and userID = 50773' at line 3

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 393 and userID = 50773' at line 3

Update: Both games seem to be working now for me.

Edited by jukkakhan

Getting that error aswell but for Avatar:The Burning Earth.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 392 and userID = 54725' at line 3

Have the same problem with army of two:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 197 and userID = 50080' at line 3

Also have the problem where sometimes games will load in a blink, other times it takes upwards of 10 minutes, sometimes at the same time (i.e. one game list will load instantly, one will take for ever)

Other than that, couldn't live without the site. Keep up the good work!

I'm getting the same error as the above posters, but for me it's Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 374 and userID = 50991' at line 3

Guitar hero III will not save my checked off achievements...here is the error it gives...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 393 and userID = 55266' at line 3

Thanks...

This sort of relates to number 3.

In "Marble Blast Ultra", when you check one of the newly released achievements and then hit save (For example "Blue Gem Hunt"), they uncheck themselves and the total score remains the same as it was before. (Basically, the list isn't working).

Hey, Pants Party laid it out a little bit above here but I created a thread in the Marble Blast Ultra forum outlining the solution to the problem. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101638)

Basically, you must delete the tracking data for that game. (simply disabling it and then re-enabling it will not work)

Edit in response to reply: No problem!

Edited by fantom88

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Achievements/Checklist
  • bLaKgRaVy locked this topic