Hell and Hell mode Mission 5 Boss fight help

jamesbong1983

I'd rather someone tell me how to beat him on SoS. In form 2 he just keeps spamming Blistering swords until I die. I hate Vergil he SUCKS SO MUCH!

EDIT: Ok, so this seems to work quite well. Might be a little too risky for HaH, but I'll leave that up to you. Basically, I just repeated this combo over and over:

"Solar Flare, Air Y,Y, Drive, Stomp". Does quite a bit of damage, and he can't block Solar Flare, so as long as you can squeeze it in before he hits you, you'll get the combo. If he has activated Blistering Sword, you need to stop the combo and deal with them, but he souldn't do that if you just keep being offensive. 1st form is really simple, you can basically walk up to him and do it. on the 2nd and 3rd form, you need to recognize where he ends his attack strings, then punish him with this. Atomic works too instead of solar flare, but it's slower, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT: Or you can just use this and win after 3 connected Solar Flares: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=429501

Edited by Doopliss SWE

Heres wat i did for that fight on HAH:

Phase 1: wait for him to do the overhead attack where he lands on u. Avoid it by simply evading out of the way. Make sure u have ur doppleganger ability activated on red mode for extra damage. So after u evaded the overhead attack follow it up with a sword throw to keep him in place then do y,y,y>hold y and try to get perfect slash, if u dont its still fine. As he is caught in the slashing animation dash towards him and do y,y,hold b to get him in the air then y,y, RT+b x 2. This combo alone is enough to initiate the evading part of the fight. Of course i cant give much advice other than u need to be sharp and time ur evades well. U cant afford to get hit this early in the fight because u will need to save all the orbs u can for phase 2 & 3.

Phase 2: his moves are a little trickier to avoid this time but eventually u will learn the pattern and how to avoid them. Wat i was angel dash around until he reappeared in the air to perform the dive kick move. For that just jump straight up into the air and it should avoid it (note: dont bother evading the move cause it wont avoid it). After he performs the dive kick and u jumping straight up to avoid it, as u land he should be nearby. Quickly follow up with the exact same combo from earlier with red doppleganger activated. Note if u dont attack him soon enough after the dive kick he will follow it up with a dash slice move that will hit u if u attack too late. But if u do manage to get to him on time and successfully perform the whole combo with red doppleganger on it should be enough to initiate the final phase.

Phase 3: the 2nd dodging sequence is trickier and faster. Wat i did was jus angel boost around which would automatically avoid the attacks from the ground. As ur angel boosting around and u see the swords locking onto u just evade when they strike. Whether ur on ground or in the air they can be evaded as long as ur timing is right. Once vergil returns he will have a mix up of his move sets from both phase 1 & 2 at his disposal. By now u should have a be familar with his movement and how to avoid most of his attacks. Just wait for one of the attacks listed above and avoid it and follow it up with the same combo. It should be enough to end the fight.

At first i was overwhelmed by the fight as well but with patience and persistence the fight will become easier. The combo i have provided is not hard to pull off and he rarely, if ever, counters it. He seems to only counter combos that have been repeated. Anyways i hope my tips will help and goodluck!!!

Thanks for the reply, I will try the strategy hope I can beat it.

Some of you mention about summoning sword at me

Is there a way to destroy the sword, I am really suck at dodging them.

He won't do it if you keep close and are offensive. If he does it... Frankly, you're ****ed. Most unfair attack in the game.

I have yet to succeed with that even once, not even using moves designed to reflect projectiles, like LT+B. And 4 times? Easier to just rush him down so he never uses the move.

Just use the regular Y attack its all about timing. Hit the first one and it stuns him and the other 3 dissapear.

• 8 months later...
I see. But I don't think it's worth learning the timing just for that move when I can so easily prevent him from using it at all now.

I just did it on VMD difficulty and it's not difficult to dodge his attacks once you see the patterns he uses, then using the Y attacks when you're in position. You can juggle him with repeated perfect solar flares but the damage is too little to make it worth it in case you mess up.

Also spamming him with dives doesn't work VMD mode, can't speak for the other modes.

Heres wat i did for that fight on HAH:

Phase 1: wait for him to do the overhead attack where he lands on u. Avoid it by simply evading out of the way. Make sure u have ur doppleganger ability activated on red mode for extra damage. So after u evaded the overhead attack follow it up with a sword throw to keep him in place then do y,y,y>hold y and try to get perfect slash, if u dont its still fine. As he is caught in the slashing animation dash towards him and do y,y,hold b to get him in the air then y,y, RT+b x 2. This combo alone is enough to initiate the evading part of the fight. Of course i cant give much advice other than u need to be sharp and time ur evades well. U cant afford to get hit this early in the fight because u will need to save all the orbs u can for phase 2 & 3.

Phase 2: his moves are a little trickier to avoid this time but eventually u will learn the pattern and how to avoid them. Wat i was angel dash around until he reappeared in the air to perform the dive kick move. For that just jump straight up into the air and it should avoid it (note: dont bother evading the move cause it wont avoid it). After he performs the dive kick and u jumping straight up to avoid it, as u land he should be nearby. Quickly follow up with the exact same combo from earlier with red doppleganger activated. Note if u dont attack him soon enough after the dive kick he will follow it up with a dash slice move that will hit u if u attack too late. But if u do manage to get to him on time and successfully perform the whole combo with red doppleganger on it should be enough to initiate the final phase.

Phase 3: the 2nd dodging sequence is trickier and faster. Wat i did was jus angel boost around which would automatically avoid the attacks from the ground. As ur angel boosting around and u see the swords locking onto u just evade when they strike. Whether ur on ground or in the air they can be evaded as long as ur timing is right. Once vergil returns he will have a mix up of his move sets from both phase 1 & 2 at his disposal. By now u should have a be familar with his movement and how to avoid most of his attacks. Just wait for one of the attacks listed above and avoid it and follow it up with the same combo. It should be enough to end the fight.

At first i was overwhelmed by the fight as well but with patience and persistence the fight will become easier. The combo i have provided is not hard to pull off and he rarely, if ever, counters it. He seems to only counter combos that have been repeated. Anyways i hope my tips will help and goodluck!!!

Thanks man used this strategy and did it!

Few things I may add,

never move directly backwards from his attacks as they will hit always move to the side

in phase 1&3 when he uses the judgement move don't attack him straight after dodging, sometimes he will be vulnerable then but most times he'll follow straight up with a 3 hit combo.

in phase 2&3 when he kicks just jump up or evade up then down, the gap between him landing and then using his follow up attack is very small

• 8 months later...

This fight was a major bitch and took me about 50 attempts to finally get. I tried using a lot of other peoples strategies but what worked for me was this:

First off, make sure your doppelganger is always active. If you get hit you have to reactivate him and after the dodging sequences you have to activate him. This helps you do a lot more damage to Hollow Vergil.

Then basically just time his attacks and wait for an opening. His attacks vary every round so it will take some practice to find out when to attack. When you have that figured out just mash the Y button on his ass. If you have your doppelganger active you can stagger him to do a lot of damage only requiring one burst of attacks per round.

I took him down very quickly when I did it right making my fight last under 2 minutes. The fight can be very cheap so dont get too frustrated when he hits you when you thought you should of had him. I had a few good runs get ruined because of a cheap hit or two but dont worry you will eventually get it. Good Luck!