I Hate This Game

FRIDAY M0RTIMER

There's nothing fundamentally broken or unplayable, but this is still one of the worst games I've played on 360. It's just plain not fun. Massive amounts of repetition, collection and over-used dialogue makes the whole thing feel like a drawn out idea that could have been 5 hours of fun but was stretched out to be 30+ hours of agony. Did anyone actually enjoy this game?

There's nothing fundamentally broken or unplayable, but this is still one of the worst games I've played on 360. It's just plain not fun. Massive amounts of repetition, collection and over-used dialogue makes the whole thing feel like a drawn out idea that could have been 5 hours of fun but was stretched out to be 30+ hours of agony. Did anyone actually enjoy this game?

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very good game. I didn't mind the repitition as the gameplay was amazing at the time. It was a game that evolutionised the Assassin Creed series which I began to love, so basically i'll stand behind it and say that it was a really good game. I'd rate it 7.5-8/10

Some elements are repetitive but it is just too extreme and unobjective to call it "worst". Its score on many game websites was relatively high, and there are far, far more games having lower scores than it has.

I like the game, and I'm not speaking up for Assassin's Creed because I'm a blind fanboy; just stating the fact.

Also, if any game gives you "agaony", just stop playing it, pure and simple.

• 1 month later...

First of all I have to say your welcome to have your own opinion. That's what I truly love about this site/forum, you can voice you opinion and not have people having a go at you saying your wrong and just blind.

I personally really enjoyed the game, yes it is very repetitive and the gameplay mechanics are not as good as games of today but the story was amazing for 2007 and in my opinion even in today standards. It was interesting because you was stripped of everything because you didn't follow the creed and you have to gain it all back while learning what is going on between the Assassin's and the Templar's. I am looking to play this game again soon as I haven't gotten it finished on this account yet. Also yes there are loads of collectables and I probably wont get them all but I really don't mind not have the 100% completion as I play for the story and the nostalgia not the achievements and completions.

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand people who didn't like it due to the collectables, and suspect it makes a difference whether you played this around the time it was released or played one of the more recent assassin s games and then decided to go back and try it. Personally I played the game early and it got me hooked on the series. I loved it. And I thought there were improvements with (almost) every new instalment since

has the nerve to slag off a 7 year old game.

gtfo.

AC was one of the first games I played when I started gaming two-and-a-half years ago and, even then, I loved it.

Later games added depth to the story, maps, and gameplay, but AC still did a lot right. The exporation of the ancient cities was fun (aside from the crazy old men who continually blew my cover on Informer Missions), the climbing and leap of faith mechanics were enjoyable, and the game made me feel like a badass: as Altair I blew through 27 guards in one fight (Eagle's Challenge!); it doesn't sound like Arno will be able to do that.

As much as I enjoyed the buying/upgrading property in later games, I actually missed the Assassin's Bureau locations in each city. Having friendly refuge in hostile locations appealed to me.

The game was revolutionary and, in many ways, a proof of concept, so it absolutely lacks the depth of the later games, but nothing AC does is bad.

Sorry you're not enjoying it.

Well, I have to say that the first one was indeed "boring" after a few hours as you always do the same on every mission. But compared to the other Assassin's Creed games the first one is by far the worst.

I know so many game series that have no kind of evolution throughout their games, where you don't see any major changes or fixes, making all of their games just feel like the first one all over again (or even some steps back like I felt in Borderlands 2 where all the great wasteland atmosphere was completely gone for me and I could not get back into this franchise "universe" as much as I wanted to). But if there's one thing Assassin's Creed did throughout the series, it's evolving. If you've hated the first one, you will most likely LOVE the other AC games, trust me.

if there's one thing Assassin's Creed did throughout the series, it's evolving. If you've hated the first one, you will most likely LOVE the other AC games, trust me.

It is so hard to imagine back in 2007 (or 2010 in my case as that was when I first played AC), that the series have become the way it is now. So many were added/removed/modified in order to bring new gameplay elements or to blend into history.

Assassin's Creed (the first game) has a kind of simplicity in it - not too many side activities. In modern AC games, they are packed with side missions that sometimes I simply forget where I am in the main story, but in AC, I definitely knew who my targets were and could follow the storyline completely. Also, even today, I still feel that the assassinations of the 'bosses'/targets in AC have the best 'souls' in them. I actually think about what the targets say and question myself whether I have done the right thing killing them. This, I seldom feel it again in moder AC games.

I think part of the problem is that gamers are given such a better product now then they were in 2007. So I HATE when a new gamer plays this game and compares it to newer games. If you liked any of the creed games then you can't hate everything about this game. This game set the table for all the other creed games. It's like saying I HATE meat but I love hamburgers, meatballs and meatloaf. They are all forms of meat.

If it were still 2007... I don't think you'd hate it. You just have a higher standard now than you did then. As for me, I don't mind it at all. I like some parts of it while others can be quite frustrating.

EDIT: I agree with what Spanish Assault said.

EDIT 2: And ImaginaryRuins.

Edited by Zniper Alpha
O.C.D.; Didn't read the other posts until after I made my post.

I liked the game. I even started playing it again, however now it seems to easy to play without getting bord from time to time. Although I do agree that there is a lot of repetition, I think this game gets you started for the rest of the games in the series. Each game gets progressively harder as you go along.

I really didn't enjoy the game either. I found it linear and repetitive to the point where it wasn't even fun. The mission structure is literally identical in every mission.

Every Assassins Creed game except for this one is great.

First was by far the worst.

Apparently story and originality mean nothing to some people. :( Shoehorning MP and adding a pirate theme really brought this series down. I did enjoy Black Flag but NOT as a Assassins Creed game.

I haven't played the other games of the series yet (although I will be working on it since I currently own them all, even the ones not available on Xbox like Bloodlines and Discovery), but I really liked this game a lot and enjoyed playing it! I loved the story, the gameplay, while repetitive, was very fun, and the setting was really unique and interesting.

I really didn't enjoy the game either. I found it linear and repetitive to the point where it wasn't even fun. The mission structure is literally identical in every mission.

Every Assassins Creed game except for this one is great.

Well, you may want to know most game critics gave the game positive reviews, despite all the linear and repetitive drawbacks. I too found it repetitive but not to the extreme point. If you ask me, collecting all the golden bricks in Lego video games is even more unbearable than collecting the flags.

The missions aren't all the same; the intel collecting part is more or less similar I would say. Combat is also non-evolving that even the bosses fight the same way, but still challenging and engaging enough.

Anyway, now that we have so many titles in the Creed series, AC1 indeed has a lot that it failed to offer, but come on, it is the first one in the series and I would be very surprised if it had been perfect right at the beginning.

Apparently story and originality mean nothing to some people. :( Shoehorning MP and adding a pirate theme really brought this series down. I did enjoy Black Flag but NOT as a Assassins Creed game.

Wait so if I don't mention the story, it means that the story meant nothing to me?

I actually enjoyed the story in all the Assassins Creed games and this one is no exception, I just didn't have fun doing the same things over and over.