The Official FIFA Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheevos not unlocking when they should do (good form, in for the win, experimental) these are just the head-to-head ones.

Cheevos unlocking when they shouldn't. To many to list, but it seems the game freezes and once xbox is back on, ramdom achievements unlock.

The constant freezing - every game mode known to man.

Playing a head-to-head game with say, Chelsea. Then the next game choosing say, Arsenal and as you are moving players around, your Arsenal team is replaced by the Chelsea players.

The players stats being shite. How can Bosingwa be rated higher than Ivanovic?

The ridiculously low time your given to change your team around at the start.

I cant do any changes at half time, im only given the option to advance (start the 2nd half). Now ive played against people who have made subs at the break, but I am at a loss as how they have.

Bearing in mind I have only played 30 odd head-to-head games and less than five career games and these are the ones ive come across.

I know they have all been mentioned in various threads. But as this is the bitching thread, it would be good to have them in one place.

I didnt get home till 1:55am last friday morning after queing at Asdas midnight launch and to say I am disapointed is a massive understatement.

As far as I can see, this game currently has more bugs than the athletes village at the commonwealth games. And I wont be playing it again till it is patched.

Morbido has mentioned almost everything I wanted to bitch about expect the Pro Clubs.

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF MESS IS THE PRO CLUBS? I mean wow, I haven't played anything this glitchy since Saints Row 2. This is a pain in the ass and its not because of one mistake, the whole mode is fucked.

The first three fucking days I coulnd't find a match. When I did, the fucking lobby got messed up.

Now that we can find matches, one of us is always lagging like hell, almost the entire match.

Game also freezes after a club match, and the training match is shit, we tried it once and we were faced against computer on world class with the World XI team.

Also when we are winning and the other team leaves we won't get the win. I counted and we have lost 8 wins because of this and it irritates me so much.

Once the other team managed to glitch the match when we were winning with 2 goals and tried to get us to leave so they woulnd't lose. Even when they gave up and left we still didn't get a win.

I just wanna say that EA sucks, and next year I'm not buying a fucking unfinished game. SORT THIS SHIT OUT SOON.

I'm not even going to try to play online until they patch the problems. So far I've only had issues with pro clubs (LOTS of issues) but the amount of problems I've been reading about are crazy!

Had a really strange glitch on single player where my pro turned into Shola Ameobi (and back again) mid game at random....

The fact that it's impossible to string a few passes together. You get closed down and tackled uber quickly.

I'm playing as West Brom on professional, and I'm pretty sure that West Brom's professional footballers can play a successful through ball. Every single through ball I play seems to get cut out. Then when you finally do get one through, the players can't control the damn ball and end up getting caught anyway.

There's no point in tackling the last defender or capitalising on mistakes, because if you do manage to tackle them, the ball will end up either back at their feet through a 'ricochet' or will fly to their goalkeeper.

CPU players can easily turn your defenders, this is impossible for the human player.

This doesn't feel like playing a football game at all. It feels like playing a game that's scripted for everything to go in the favour of the CPU.

If this is how it is playing as West Brom (a premier league team) then I feel bad for the fans of the lower league teams.

Also, DOES THE SPRINT BUTTON EVEN MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Edited by Hawthorns
edited to add more bitching.

Morbido has mentioned almost everything I wanted to bitch about expect the Pro Clubs.

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF MESS IS THE PRO CLUBS? I mean wow, I haven't played anything this glitchy since Saints Row 2. This is a pain in the ass and its not because of one mistake, the whole mode is fucked.

The first three fucking days I coulnd't find a match. When I did, the fucking lobby got messed up.

Now that we can find matches, one of us is always lagging like hell, almost the entire match.

Game also freezes after a club match, and the training match is shit, we tried it once and we were faced against computer on world class with the World XI team.

Also when we are winning and the other team leaves we won't get the win. I counted and we have lost 8 wins because of this and it irritates me so much.

Once the other team managed to glitch the match when we were winning with 2 goals and tried to get us to leave so they woulnd't lose. Even when they gave up and left we still didn't get a win.

I just wanna say that EA sucks, and next year I'm not buying a fucking unfinished game. SORT THIS SHIT OUT SOON.

Kinda sums up the whole FIFA11 experience for me so far. I'm not into SP (I don't like playing soccer by myself, I think it's boring), so this game is useless to me. If it isn't fixed by the end of this week, bye bye FIFA 11 - I have to sell this game before it loses too much value on the 2nd hand market.

... That's the most irritating part, actually - It won't be fixed by the end of the week, I'm gonna lose patience and sell this POS, and then the title update will magically appear the very next day. But I have to take action, I paid for what is supposed to be a finished game, I'm no beta tester FFS.

... On the other hand, I'm not sure a title update would solve our problems. 4 years of XBL tell that a MP game shipping in such a broken state will remain somewhat glitchy forever. The flaws are just too deep.

Edited by Devolon

Kinda sums up the whole FIFA11 experience for me so far. I'm not into SP (I don't like playing soccer by myself, I think it's boring), so this game is useless to me. If it isn't fixed by the end of this week, bye bye FIFA 11 - I have to sell this game before it loses too much value on the 2nd hand market.

It's already de-valued when you use the online code unfortunately.

The insane opposition AI is bullshit and the complete bollocks AI of your own team is even worse (In offline be a pro mode). They can't string a pass together and just run straight into the opposition - what is wrong with that?? How can they break a game so much that was running (relatively) smoothly last verision (Fifa 10).

I haven't even tried online yet, and won't until it's patched.

This is bullshit.

1 - Aforementioned AI. Even when playing a team like Scunthorpe, their CBs have some superhuman ability to read lobbed through balls to perfection, and are just great at guessing which way you are going to turn with the ball!

2 - Fouls/Refs. Just what, the, fuck! Too many soft free kicks, too biased to the CPU, they get away with a lot where as you get called up for a lot, often nothing! The shirt pulling is annoying, especially when you're running through on goal and you're held onto and lose the ball - it's NEVER called back.

3 - Chip shot. There has not been anything wrong with this for years, but now it's completely redundant. Edge of the box with the keeper coming off his line - a tap of the B button will send it straight to his arms, anything more will send it over the bar. It's completely broken!

Other than the above, I'm enjoying it...

What glitches? The only thing that bothers me is those freaking nubs who leave when they are loosing! 4 times in a row today! And ppl who are bitching about the gameplay. Just learn how to play fifa, Im playing this game my whole live and fifa 11 is deffenitly the best one so far!

The difficulty spike between Semi-Pro and Pro is ridiculous. Semi-Pro is WAAAAAAY too easy, but on Pro getting passed defenders takes WAAAAAAY too much effort. I still win on Pro though, but that's not the point. :mad:

if you step up to world class they will attack more but more space for you on the counter!